See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Worst place ever, full of bedbugs! We have been dropped here after our visit to Halong bay, this was part of a three day trip Halong Bay en Cat Ba. Beds are full of bedbugs, place is horrible stay away as far as you can!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

from the outset this was the worst place iv ever stayed in even compared to budget hostels. the first room we were given had no shower or bath at all and no working fans. i asked to change rooms. the second room had one working fan. it had a shower but the bathroim door did not close never mind lock. i complained to the staff who were just rude and said it was a budget hotel and if i didnt like it i should find somewhere else to stay. most roms were like this and we also had a filthy toilet roll. this place needs to be shut down or the staff actually need to do their job rather than sleep

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2015

This place is the WORST hotel I have ever sen to. Bad staff, food, beds, bathrooms and atmosphere. Stinky mouldy rooms and bathrooms along with rude staff. This was definitely a bad ending to a bad boat trip.

Room Tip: don't go to this place
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank liztompkins
Reviewed 10 February 2015

While i was waiting for my friend to return from a tour at noon (i decided to stay since i got sick with the food they gave me for dinner), someone knocked my door in a very rude ways asking me to check out. I insisted that check out was at 12 (it was 11) but he knocked again 5 minutes after, talking to me in vietnamise.
When i came down to reception they told me that check out was at 12 and laugh on my face...
The room was dirty, smelly, toilet paper completely wet due humidity in room, cable not working, no plugs for charging my phone, whater almost warm for shower, the worst breakfast (bread and te). Rude staff.
Don't u dare to come to this place.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vickyba87
Reviewed 24 December 2014

We booked 2 day 1 night tour to halong bay on a boat and price included accomodation in boat cabins.. However, once on the boat the tour guide informed us that we were gonna stop in Cat Ba island and sleep in a hotel for the night as 'it was too cold to stay in the boat cabins'. We thought this would work out better as having had previously good experiences in hotels (even budget ones) in Vietnam, we figured that this was a better option than sleeping on the boat..upon arrival on Cat Ba Island the tour bus dropped us off at Sunflower 2 hotel where we had dinner (nothing short of poor) and checked in our rooms- basic and filthy as described by other reviews..breakfast included in the price consisted of just coffee and a stale bread roll and when we asked for another roll they impolitely said that everyone only had 1 roll each! Not to mention the poor service with attitude! I am reading other reviews that mention they had the same excuse of not sleeping on the boat and now this all makes sense as no one would pre book this place unless it is sorted out by tour operators! Stay away from this place if you can, and have a more enjoyable time on Cat Ba island

• Stayed: December 2014