“Good food but not quite 5 rating”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #4 of 218 Restaurants in Moraira
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 28
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Olive Tree Restaurant is one of the best restaurants in Moraira, where you will always find fresh, home-cooked food, it is our seal of approval & the reason we are positioned in the top 10 Restaurants in Moraira and on top of Trip Advisor. It's a restaurant with a long history in Moraira with more than 15 years experience in serving both residents and tourists that visit our town and area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked here for my dad's bday for a party of 6. They were very accomdating and we paid an extra €12 to have some balloons which was a nice touch. The menu is good but a lot of courses under the menu of the day have an extra charge to them i.e. Fillet steaks which 4 of my party had were an extra €10 I think. Whilst this is fine in my opinion they should have a set menu at a set price with aseperate a la carte menu. Comfortable seating and food was good though maybe a tad expensive.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Spent a very pleasant evening here with friends. Very busy and you needed to have booked. Chose from set menu which had a wide selection and covered most tastes. Came with half a bottle of wine each and ours was very palatable. My hake was delicious. We would certainly visit here again. Staff very attentive despite being rushed off their feet.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had a wonderful holiday in Moraira in August and truly enjoyed visiting many of the restaurants in this beautiful setting. We visited the Olive Tree, having looked at the reviews and found this was a good choice. Five of us ate, two picking from the 'specials' of the day the others from the A la Carte, none of us were disappointed! My husband and granddaughter chose the pork belly and when it arrived, I immediately had food envy, it looks and smelt delicious. However when my own meal arrived, this was quickly forgotten, my pesto chicken, wrapped in local ham, melted in the mouth. My daughter chose a seafood risotto which was also a great hit. The servings are very generous so beware of ordering a large starter! We were very pleasantly surprised to discover that every meal came with half a carafe of wine, generously provided by the restaurant, free of charge! The setting is not the prettiest, in a side road, lying back from the main road, but the food more than makes up for this. Good value for money too! Should you find yourself in Moraira, I would definitely recommend that you give this a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Great Sunday lunch at the Olive tree today. Mushroom soup was delicious. Pork and the crackling were wonderful. The only down side is you are allowed 1/2 bottle of wine per person. I don't drink wine but do drink Cava. They allowed me one glass but charged for the second. Cava is cheaper than wine. I should be offered the same deal as the wine drinkers. Will go back regardless though.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Walked past this place many times going to another restaurant .......my Wife decided we’d try it for our Aniversary dinner ......a great choice as it turned out. A bit out of the town of Moraira but an easy walk really, well worth a visit as a change from Tapas etc. I think Spanish owned but very much classic British dining , a set menu but a varied choice at a reasonable cost. Our food was great and there were many more dishes we would like to try on the menu. Book in advance as it’s a busy place most of the time , particularly in Summer

Date of visit: October 2018