“Love to visit again”
Review of Mitali Homestays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santiniketan
Mitali Homestays
Ranked #4 of 25 Santiniketan B&B and Inns
Mumbai, India
“Love to visit again”
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Went to Mitali homestay in first week of march.liked the place a lot.enjoyed a lot. It was a family trip with my husband my 2yr little son my mother in law ,sister in law and her daughter. Both the njyd a lot as the property is big enough for them to play.we got the annex building honeymoon suite and Gautam room. Rooms are quite big enough,liked the collection of books(awsme collection krishnoda and sukanyadi,jst loved it)food was yummm...it's not at all spicy.I don't know what is the sauce that made the chicken super(is it soya sauce).even for my son also they made exactly what I asked them to do.and those malpua..yummmm...anyways guys don't think twice before booking jst go for it.Only one thing I want to add regarding evening snacks we will be highly thankful if we get any evening snacks next time coz this time there was no one in the kitchen so we had to walk a long to get any shop for evening snacks. But it's ok. Bt nxt time I want to meet krishnoda and sukanyadi and plz evening snacks.
Loved your hospitality.
Thank you.

Stayed April 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank AmitaTuhinSaha
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We go to Shantiniketan almost every year during basanta utsav. Usually we stay at Mark Meadows. But this year we did a lot of research online and decided to stay at Mitali. Our decision paid off really well. The property is well located and is well accessible. This is actually a farm house (Bagan Bari) which is extremely well maintained with mango, litchi trees all around.

The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms clean and hygienic. Book lovers will love staying here cuz there are lots and lots and lots of books in every room to keep people engaged.

Staff here are friendly and helpful. Housekeeping job is done everyday and I really liked it because being in a homestay one can expect not to get some facilities provided in a hotel.

The host is a really good person and caring human being. This is a food lover's paradise. Whatever you want to eat you can request and it will be served to you in lunch or dinner or both.

We got the experience of a candlelight dinner on the roof under the moon and the stars on purnima and it felt heavenly.

Overall it was a really good experience. We would love to go back to Mitali again and spend some time.

Tips: Don't go during Basanta Utsav and Poush Mela as Shantiniketan remains extremely overcrowded and would be a horrible experience. Monsoon and Winter are the best time to visit.

Book a room well in advance as this property has limited accomodation and demand is extremely high.

looking forward to visiting again and have the special Kool Tentul Achaar.!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are huge !!!!!
  • Stayed March 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank RupayanPaul
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Truly warm and welcoming, the perfect Homestay in Shantiniketan, my husband and colleague and me would like to thank our hosts for a lovely 24 hours with them and their hospitality. Across the irrigation canal but cut off from the din, we loved every bit of detail and service given to us.

Stayed March 2016, travelled with friends
2 Thank NBD06
new delhi
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We thought of taking my in laws to Shantiniketan on their anniversary this year and what better time to travel than early winters and just before the Poush Mela when it becomes too populated.
The next step was to find a place to stay and as we embarked on the search, we realised that it will be a really tough job. We did not want to stay in a typical hotel and thus Mitali Homestay with it's favourable reviews was our choice.
The booking has to be done over Email ad they actually screen the guests by asking you to fill a form, which I thought was a good idea. We sent in the advance for the booking and got a confirmation mail.
On the 12th of December, we set out on our journey in our car which I drove. They send you the directions by mail from the Kolkata airport, but we took the @nd Howrah bridge route and then via Santragachi and then Kona expressway.
Must say that the roads and especially the NH2 is in fabulous condition and driving is a treat. We did good time and after you cross Sinclair hotel on your right close to Burdwan, you need to watch out for a small board directing you towards Burdwan. There is a cut on the left, which you will take to gontowards Burdwan and as you cross the gate that welcomes you, you need to take a left and cross the 108 Shiv temples on the right. Then it is a straight road, via Guskara-Bhedia-cross the underbridge and then reach the AMar Kutir signboard, from there take a left on the mud road and you shall reach Mitali.
Ask around and people will guide you. The place is very close to the Sonajhuri haat and the University area too.
As we reached Mitali, we were welcome by the caretaker and there is ample parking. We had booked two double bed rooms inside the main building, which were big with large windows and clean and modern washrooms with geysers. Traditional furniture dots the entire house and adds to the charm. What strikes you is the amazing collection of books which is accessible. For a foodie like me the biggest attraction was the amazing food that was served. They ask you what you would like to eat and the cooking is superb. Fresh ingredients and the love associated and the ambiance in which one can have food there, either on the veranda in front or the roof top arrangement makes it even more special. We had the entire house to ourselves and my toddler had great fun running around the place and also in the garden. Wifey laid her hands on some kantha items at the in house boutique.
Overall we had a terrific experience there and would surely love to come back. Thanks Mr. Dey for facilitating our stay there.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms inside the main buildiing if you are travelling with family.
  • Stayed December 2015, travelled with family
1 Thank parjotok
ulysses28, Owner at Mitali Homestays, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
We enjoyed the warmth and sensitivity of the review. From the detailed road directions to the choice of rooms and the food options, there are many helpful pointers and encouragements to share in the experience which are greatly appreciated. The difference of Homestays from more traditional guest arrangements should prove very useful to others looking for accommodation in Shantiniketan. We very much look froward to a return visit from such guests!
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Even after getting the booking money and confirming the same, accommodation was cancelled just few days of the Trip. The owner takes money from more than one person and rejects accommodation just like that.

Never ever think of visiting this place. Got written confirmation for Booking for 27Dec'15 to 29Dec'15 and suddenly the owner decides to sell the same to others. I even had to chase this imposter for getting the refund of the booking money.

Terrible experience.

• Stayed December 2015, travelled with family
4 Thank Achyut B
ulysses28, Owner at Mitali Homestays, responded to this review, 11 January 2016
As the reviewer noted himself, his booking was cancelled and he did not come to Mitali as planned. To see him as "travelled with family" was a surprise! The cancellation was due to a bad oversight on my part (the first and, I hope, the last in my experience!) as I had made two bookings for the same rooms and dates, as I hadn't heard from him for several months. This mistake should never have happened, and as soon as I realised my error, I immediately contacted him and apologised for my mistake, and asked for details to reimburse his advance as early as possible. I ended up cancelling the other traveller's booking as well and reimbursing his advance too; fortunately, he proved to be understanding of what he accepted was an honest mistake.
I can appreciate the 'reviewer's' anger and upset for having spoiled and complicated his holiday plans. I don't think that I qualify for the epithet he used. I had already taken, far in advance of his reminder, every measure possible to reimburse his advance. I can only assure him and prospective guests that this incident has ensured that we have put adequate measures in place to prevent any recurrence of such a "double-booking" at any time in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiniketan
1.6 km away
#3 of 25 in Santiniketan
Deer Park Eco Home
Deer Park Eco Home
#13 of 25 in Santiniketan

Been to Mitali Homestays? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK