“miscommunication and harrasement”

Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House
Ranked #2 of 25 Santiniketan B&B and Inns
“miscommunication and harrasement”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Having gone through the reviews and ranking decided to book rooms well in advance in January 2012. When i called up at the mobile no of the owner Mr Banerjee and asked about the room rates .He mentioned it was Rs 1250 per night for non ac double deluxe and he gave me the office number in Kolkata so i could contact and book in advance by paying 50 %

When I reached the office to book the rooms prepared with the cash. The office man told it is 2000 per night...........he also called up the owner ................when I spoke to him ..............he admitted his mistake .......but said he cannot consider Rs1250 rate . Since we had a budget I requested him to please consider the rate but he was impolite and did not adjust for his own mistake.

I returned home upset about the entire situation..............it was a wastage of time and energy to go all the way to their office. We could have decided on some other place that suited our budget.

This kind of unprofessional behaviour was not expected from the owner.

Room Tip: Please be check the rates from the office because the owner of the guest house does not know the rat...
Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Juhin
RTDR, Owner at Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
The lady, who has provided this review, was never stayed as couple in our guest-house in December 2010 as claimed in review and this can be verified from our guest register.

Our rate is same for every guest and rates are changeable occasion to occasion i.e. it varies during festivals like Pous Mela, Basanto Utsav (Holi Festival), Durga Puja and also at season time. This can be verified from other similar establishments doing business in Santiniketan.

She was insisting for lower rate, which we used to offer at off-season where both my office staff and my self told our inability to provide any discount at season, which perhaps was not acceptable to her and she didn’t book any room stating that the rate is not suitable to her. Neither my office staff nor my-self told to her over phone any amount other than our usual rate. Our tariff for January- March is about 25% more than usual rate and she was told by me over telephone about it very clearly. During the course of discussion over phone neither I have misbehaved nor was I impolite as alleged.

This is not correct that I don’t know the rates of the guest-house to provide it correctly to my prospective customers, as I am carrying always a printed tariff and booking position with me so that I may provide correct figures to my guests in case of necessity.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have choosed this resort through internet.Really speechless services we got.
To say about the rooms - Really that was the definition of the comfort.
To say about Environment - Really take a break for a complete greenery.
To say about Foods - We didnt distinguish from our home.Everyday we got a special dishes on our request.

Apart from that we got a special attention from every body in the hotel.
To say in one word that was amezing.

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST EVERY COUPLE, EVERY FAMILY AND EVRY PERSONS TO STAY HERE AND ALSO DEFINITELY TAKE THE FOOD THROUGH THEM.

ARGHYA BOSE

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
kolkata
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at rater tara Diner Rabi from 8th october 2011-11th October 2011. Before going there I was alittle apprehensive about the place , being and guest house and not a hotel, as I am used to a hotel wherever I visit. But after reaching there, I found it awesome, quiet, calm surrounding with lots of trees, flowers and a beautiful garden. The staff were courteous and above all the food was excellent. The rooms were spacious, the verandah in front of the room on 1st floor is awesome. One can have the experience of a rocking chair in the verandah. There are cane sofas where one can enjoy the evenings with chicken, onion pakoras and tea.
If one want to really enjoy the serene beauty, quiet and calm and peaceful atmosphere of Shantiniketan, this is the place to stay. So, just pack your bags and get going.

Indrajit Sen, The Times of India, Response, Kolkata

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KolkataTrapadvisor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The air-conditioned rooms were very nice. Very courteous staff who were very helpful and they accommodated all our needs. We also liked the food very much. The cook arranged for all the special dishes we requested. We really felt at home, considering the fact that we traveled all the way from Chicago for our first ever visit to Santinikenan.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Soumya_BH
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We chose this hotel from trip advisor. We got a room in the ground floor which was dark and a little depressing. We had to keep all the windows closed with curtains as there was no privacy if we opened the curtains. I think the 1st floor rooms are better ,so anyone going there please insist on a 1st floor room. The bathroom had no separate dry area for the shower and each time you used the toilet there would be mud prints as the bathroom was perpetually wet if you happen to have a bath. In-spite of the lovely flowers in the garden there were some grotesque plastic flower in the room which was a complete eyesore
The food was simple and good bengali cuisine and the dining area was clean.
The staff was friendly and the presence of the owner Mr Banerjee was a bonus because he was really helpful

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sujata_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiniketan
1.4 km away
#19 of 25 in Santiniketan
Vasundhara Inn
Vasundhara Inn
#17 of 25 in Santiniketan

Been to Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK