“Beware of the glace cherries”

Steak n Lobster Shack
Ranked #66 of 102 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 50
Description: We are a new american style restaurant that serves everything Fresh.Our range of food is Large steaks through to Seafood. We have a large range of BBQ food available all served with our homemade Cowboy beans. Our signature Dish is The Lobster bake which consists of 1/2 Fresh lobster, 2 Large tiger prawns, mussels and potatoes cooked in a white wine sauce. Large cocktail and wine bar also.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had an enjoyable evening, the chicken wing starter was tasty, the steaks were tender enough, though the chips were too salty for my liking, but it was the desert that was memorable for the wrong reasons. I chose chocolate and cherry pudding and was very surprised and disappointed to find that the cherries were glace, so they were very sweet and didn't give the tart contrast I was expecting - especially as they advertise the freshness of their ingredients - admittedly it is difficult to get fresh cherries this time of year but there must be better alternatives than that.

jay h, Owner at Steak n Lobster Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review

Hope to see you again soon...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Eaten in the restaurant a few times never disappointed food and service great have now ordered a delivered takeaway which was equally as good cooked to perfection great job to the whole team and couldn’t recommend enough.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ate here for our anniversary - pleasantly surprised. Menu nicely quirky, staff friendly and accommodating - and the food was fabulous. Wine was decent too and sensibly priced. Definitely recommended and would visit again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit here for family birthday .. the food was amazing , steak cooked to perfection .. my husband had chicken and ribs enough food for two , drinks perfection and service top notch can't wait to visit again

Reviewed 15 March 2018

On the spur of the moment we decided to eat here on a Wednesday for their 2 for 1 steak offer.
We received a nice welcome and shown straight to a table and it was quite busy for 6.30.
The waitress was very good (although a little bit too enthusiastic and over the top at times).
Our drinks came quickly, we ordered the sharing platter for two as a starter - PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS STARTER IS £10.50 EACH!! This should be made clearer on the menu and in my view the waiting staff should clarify the price when taking the order. This is the way it is written on the menu '£10.5pp' I misread it to my cost. The starter was good but not worth £10.50 each and it turned our cost effective meal out into a bit of an expensive one.
The steaks were a bit dry and seem if they had been cooked a while and left standing. My Rib Eye was cooked how I like it but my wife's rump was undercooked she asked for medium and got medium rare and very chewy, when we mentioned this to the waitress she just said I will let the chef know.
If I go back I will not have a starter just a main but it won't be for a while.
As a local business you need to up your game to compete with the competition around the corner

Thanks for your review