All reviews the river swimming pool out of the way massage spa bangkok khun peace
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Overall I rate this venue 2 stars. For the actual wedding, I rate it 5 stars. As a hotel, I rate it very lowly. Hence, the average of 2 stars. In summary:

Perfect for a wedding venue. However, do not stay there as a hotel, as many of our guests had problems with the hotel staff. From my understanding, the wedding/event team is separate from the hotel staff which explains my experience with them. We had our wedding here on the 2nd December, 2017.

As a wedding venue:

1. Wedding/events team is superb. We worked with Kun Ped who was very professional and made sure our every need was catered for or addressed.

2. Wedding went almost flawlessly. Venue is perfect for a wedding. I recommend the Garden area as it was set up very majestically for a wedding. Decorations, music, attention to detail, and food were on point. Bravo!

3. The morning (traditional Thai) ceremony was excellent. Again, decorations and the MC were on point.

4. Only improvement required would be that the bar in the Garden is made visible to guests. Guests were served drinks, but the bar was "hidden" behind some bushes so many guests were unaware that they could have approached and retrieved their own drink. This issue can be easily fixed if the bride/groom are aware of it before hand and ensure that their MC announces this to guests.

5. Be sure to do your own head count of guests. We had empty chairs at our wedding, yet one of the staff members (a hotel staff) claims that we had more guests than seats and wanted to (of course) overcharge us. This is a complete fabrication as our pictures on the night show we had more seats than guests (we over budgeted of course. We had about 10-15 free seats). The majority of our guests flew from overseas. Kun Ped was not at the wedding, but was reasonable in coming to a settlement. But this left a bad taste in our mouth. Again, I emphasis that this claim was made by the hotel staff.

As I said earlier, this venue is perfect for a wedding! Do contact Kun Ped and have your dream wedding at Buddy's :)

As a Hotel:

1. The hotel staff left my mum (70 years old) waiting at the airport for 2 hours. They had agreed on a distinct meeting point and just did not show up for 2 hours (I suspect they forgot and only made the trip after my sister called and reminded them). No apology from the hotel staff. This led to a stressful situation for my Mum who was a first time traveler to Thailand and already naturally an anxious person.

2. Charging my guests for supposedly complementary items, such as the "complementary" bottled water in the rooms. There is a sign in all rooms that says the bottled water is complementary. Yet many (if not all) of my guests were whacked with these charges upon check out.

3. Hotel trying to charge for a (supposedly) missing remote control. My bestman had a heated argument about the TV remote control when checking out. Finally, he was required to escort the front desk lady to the room, and lo and behold (!!) the remote control was on the floor next to the bed. Again, no apology given.

4. Some of my guests got their ironing done by the hotel. The laundry service returned the clothes with a different (plastic) hangar. Hotel staff (upon check out) tried to charge my guests for their missing (metal) clothes hangars (even though they had been replaced by their own laundry service).

5. My cousin needed help catching a taxi late at night. Hotel staff were not at all helpful. I took a peek across his desk as he was telling my cousin "no can do" and he actually had a computer game running.

Hotel looks nice. Rooms are above average. But hotel staff are very much below standard. Rude, unhelpful, irresponsible and unapologetic.

Have your wedding at Buddy. But make sure your guests stay elsewhere as their stay at Buddy will likely ruin their experience. I recommend staying in Bangkok city and travelling in and out for the wedding (perhaps organising a minibus. But don't organise this with Buddy).

Room Tip: Have your dream wedding here. But do not stay here as a hotel guest. Hotel staff are terrible.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave T
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Buddy Oriental Riverside Pakkred, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Dave T,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of the Buddy Oriental Riverside at Pakkred and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We deeply regret the circumstances that led to your dissatisfaction, and hope that you would accept our most sincere apologies. We have taken the time to share and discuss your constructive feedback with all the concerned departments and I am pleased to let you know that we are already conducting the necessary training to ensure we maintain our own high standards, and prevent recurrences of similar situations.

We are grateful that you decided to write and bring this to our attention because as much as it hurts to realize that we failed on such a basic aspect of our service, you are giving us the opportunity to fix it by making us aware of this isolated however regretful incident.

We wish to thank you and your guests for choosing our hotel for your Wedding Celebration earlier this year and on behalf of all our staff we hope you have had a memorable holiday in Thailand.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We prebooked this hotel to stay there twice during our holiday this summer..between travels...First time was in a standard room with door facing the main pool..The room was nice and clean. A month later or so we stayed in the room with private pool which is set slightly off the main building . Again room nice and clean. The private pool is a good size...We liked the location of the hotel as our main focus was to stay out of Bangkok during that time..I wouldn't pick this hotel if you are intending to spend time in Bangkok as a little out of the way...to us, it is a bonus point for some peace before flying out of Bangkok. The breakfast is very nice...the breakfast room is light ..very very nice..I loved relaxing with coffee just outside facing the river...I think that was my prefered place to spend time. Being so isolated, realistically you are eating in the restaurant at the hotel...there is one there (potentially two but didnt see that open)
I would consider returning next year but I will check with the hotel first on two points...The wifi worked sometimes in our room which we need...it was up and down..perhaps due to the location of the second room we had , but the main question would be...is the bar now open at the pool? There is a bar there , but not stocked with anything or staff...so relaxing at the pool and not being able to have a drink was not great...yes, I guess you could walk into reception or the restaurant and order something..but that means coming in with wet clothes or changing to order a drink...No staff at either pool so I would say currently this service is not available...The staff at the massage / spa area are lovely...my children absolutely loved the massage and time spent there with the ladies..thank you

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Buddy Oriental Riverside Pakkred, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Family Joy,

We appreciate your gratitude.

Thank you for your kind words about our services and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Went there for a night out of the noise and stress of Bangkok, this resort was exactly what I was looking for. Atmosphere was very relaxing and we got a room with river view which was just stunning. Service was attentive and friendly, the room spacious and clean. The have 2 swimming pool, one of them by the river, The restaurant was nice and affordable with even live music. We tried spa, also good. Thank you Khun Mali.

Giancarlo

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Buddy Oriental Riverside Pakkred, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Giancarlo S,

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to both of you for choosing to stay at the Buddy Oriental Pakkred.

At the Buddy Group we understand the value of good customer service and we are prepared to go the extra mile to try and help out valued guests. We really appreciate you mentioning that this was evident during your last stay.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Its garden restaurant with nice river view and too romantic music . The food is fresh , but quality of cooking is not good enough . Wine no good , too dry .
Average "medium" .
Don't think will come back again

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Buddy Oriental Riverside Pakkred, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Enzo L,

On behalf of all the staff at the Buddy Oriental Pakkred I would like to offer my unreserved apologies for those parts of your stay which did not reach your expectations.

We really appreciate your comments and our team always take careful note of customer feedback as an important way of improving the services we offer here.

Thank you for your review and we hope you would consider staying here again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I booked a pool villa hotel room for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law while they were on their honeymoon from the U.S.A. They were really impressed with the room and service they received, they felt like they were treated like a prince and princess. Moreover, the room was decorated with rose pedals and also with champagne. Furthermore, the private pool in the room was fantastic. Also the food was really good they looked forward to eating the complimentary breakfast every morning because of how delicious it was. Overall, they couldnt be more happy because of the quality of service and the clean exotic room. This is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay near Nonthaburi. By the way thank you to Mr. Worravit Pholab the resident manager for taking such good care and making their stay in Thailand extra memorable.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ploycha
CRM_officer, Guest Relations Manager at Buddy Oriental Riverside Pakkred, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Ploy cha,

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to both of you for choosing to stay at the Buddy Riverside Hotel.