Congratulations for Terry and Marcello!!! they make the most beautiful accomodation that I've ever seen. Casa Portagioia it is situated in an idilic small valey and everything is so quiet that you can listen the birds (by the way the birds are singing also in the night- first thought in the first night was that they recorded some birds and now they put the disk...of course it wasn't so!).
The owners - Terry and Marcello are the best host: they do make some good reservations to a very good restaurant, they explain how to arrive to different region nearby, what to see in this cities, everything.
We stay just 3 nights (a very short period) but we'll coming back for sure. We had an apartment (Andreocci- Terry I hope I write correctly?!) which have a view on the both side of the area : to the valey and to the hill. We have everything in the apartment (cooking machine, refrigerator, washing machine- everything), and the lunch/dinner table from the apartament is situated in front of the window, so when you eat, you can have a very nice view over the area.
The breakfast area of Casa Portagioia is very beautiful, on the side of the house, near the small forest, and also with a great view on the other side.
In the same period we meet there other guests (there were 4 couples and 2 nice ladies from USA), and we had a great time with this guest- they were great, and also Terry and Marcello do like a fusion between all the guest (I must mention that the other guests, although were from USA, they weren't toghether like a group)
Sunday, Terry and Marcello do serve us the dinner, and it was like a small party we laugh, we said some good jokes (Chuck knows better), we drink some good wine and eat a good dinner prepared by Marcello (Terry I'm sorry, but Marcello really serve us a good meal :); On the other hand, Terry was in charge with the good mood and he succeded...I love his english jokes and remarks!
Not in the last, the breakfast- a healty one: fruits, a lot of cereals, a good expresso, fresh juice, and a good omelette...
Everything I wrote was real (I forgot to write you about the bed in the room- very good one, the bathroom- very spacious), and indeed they do deserve the title offer by TripAdvisor (by the way, we choose Casa Portagioia because of Trip Advisor).
So everything was great! Terry, Marcello in July is my birthday, so you should do somehow to find us a room for another 3-4 days...!!!
all the best razvan &anca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy