“Simply "Incredible"...”
Review of Casa Portagioia

Casa Portagioia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We knew before we arrived that Casa Portagioia was going to be wonderful but it far exceeds the beautiful pictures posted online. This was a little piece of heaven in the midst of the rolling hills of Tuscany. Unfortunately, when we planned our trip we packed too many stops in and thus had far too few days to spend at this glorious bed & breakfast, but the time we had was spent in the splendor of the rose gardens, vineyards and poolside. Terry and Marcello are fabulous hosts and we didn't lack anything in amenities. The apartment - once a "piggery" was absolutely charming and there was plenty of room for the four of us. Breakfast was more than plentiful and truly delicious. When we asked for ideas for our day both Marcello and Terry were quick to make suggestions along with directions on how to get there and the best times to go. they also had numerous ideas for places to go for lunch or dinner. This was truly a 5 star B&B. We have been raving to friends and family alike about how wonderful it was. We truly hope that we will have another opportunity to travel to Tuscany and we will most certainly stay at Casa Portagioia.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pattyjo47
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We have been coming back here regularly over the years. Having stayed in many luxury hotels and guesthouses around the world, I can honestly say that there is no better experience than being at Casa Portagioia. Terry and Marcello are the quintessential hosts - down-to-earth, attentive, professional and personable. They go to great lengths to ensure that their guests are comfortably on vacation and enjoy the peace and quiet of the Tuscan surroundings. Breakfasts and the twice-a-week dinners are events to look forward to. Guests mingle comfortably and openly with each other whilst our hosts juggle between keeping the food and drinks flowing and entertaining guests at the same time.

This year, I hosted my 50th birthday event at Casa Portagioia. I am grateful to Terry and Marcello for going out of their way to accommodate my wishes to hold a group event at Casa Portagioia and tending to my group of best friends in order to make this an unforgettable experience. Marcello prepared an over-the-top dinner whilst Terry tactfully looked after the needs of the group. Some of our guests stayed at a property adjacent to Casa Portagioia. Terry assisted me to obtain this accommodation. Unfortunately, my guests were not satisfied with the facilities and rates of the accommodation. They wrongfully blamed Casa Portagioia for this and posted a negative review on Casa Portagioia on this website, having erroneously assumed that their accommodation was under Casa Portagioia's management.

This, notwithstanding, I count myself lucky to have been able to share my Casa Portagioia experience with my best friends. I know that some (if not all) of them will return to Casa Portagioia to re-live their Tuscan experience. I can't wait for my next trip to Casa Portagioia.

Room Tip: Apartment is a good choice for stays of one week or longer. Kitchen amenities are preparing light m...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank nlsteveAms
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have just spent eight days at this beautiful B&B. The rooms were really good even to the smallest detail. Our towels and bedlinen were changed every other day. The food was excellent--especially the dinners cooked by Marcello. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts and the fruit was so fresh. The choice was all we could ask for. Terry and Marcello made us all feel most welcome. They both recommended excellent local restaurants and gave very helpful advice on the best places to visit. The location in the valley was wonderful and the garden so beautiful with all the roses and lavender etc. We cannot wait to go back to such a peaceful and relaxing place. All of us rate Casa Portagiooa a five star haven--we feel so fortunate to have found such a great B&B

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Morris G
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Loved everything about Casa Portagioia! It was my first visit. The rooms, gardens, pool, dining, and, of course, the friendly and personalised service of Marcello and Terry. The "Overrated" review seems so strange - so contrary to my Casa Portagioia experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank EJBuen
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is my third time here and I was not disappointed the rooms and hospitality is still
Amazing Marcello and Terry go out of there way to make sure you have a good time be it sightseeing around the area or just relaxing by the pool the breakfasts are very good and I will certainly be coming back very soon

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Castello delle Serre
#1 of 8 in Serre di Rapolano
35.4 km away
Al Giardino degli Etruschi

Been to Casa Portagioia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK