My husband and I spent two glorious nights here in early October of 2011. We made our reservations based on the tripadvisor reviews, but as glowing as they were, words still cannot do this wonderful B&B justice. The hosts, Terry and Marcello, are so warm and funny they elevate the experience to a new level. Yes, the location can be a little hard to find, but that just makes it better because it is remote. You feel like you are in on some secret that no one else knows about. The room we had was wonderful, from the super comfy bed to the amazing bathroom and personal touches (I wish I took the lavender spray!). We were lucky to have unusually warm weather, which allowed us to use the beautiful pool and just relax. We had left one day to take a drive to Arezzo, but got too stressed out with the drive (Italian drivers are a little intimidating). We pulled over and asked ourselves why we were putting ourselves through such stress when we have a sumptuous oasis to go to. So, we went back and soaked in the water and sun for the afternoon! The breakfasts that everyone writes about are everything and more. It is a great time to meet your fellow guests, and the eggs were the best I ever ate (thanks Marcello!). The only thing that I regret is that we weren't able to partake in one of the meals (the oven was on the fritz, so it was cancelled). I had wondered when I read the reviews before we went why so many people would plan to stay in the same place again, I didn't get it. I thought we would want to see new places on our next trip. NOW I UNDERSTAND. My husband even asked when we got home if it was possible to feel homesick for a place that isn't your home. That is how big of an impression Casa Portagioia makes! We are planning on going back to Italy in a year or so, to visit the places we liked best. Casa P is on the top of our list. There is a reason you need to book here well in advance. It's all about Terry and Marcello and their wonderful hospitality. They are very funny (yes you, Terry) and so accomodating. If you need advice on where to go for a day trip or reservations at a good restaurant, Terry and Marcello are more than happy to help. We went to one restaurant where all we had to say was "Terry and Marcello" sent us, and we were treated like royalty. We had one of our best Italian meals of our trip there. Believe everything you read here, Casa P is a true gem. We look at our pictures even months later and daydream about going back. We can't wait! This time, we will stay longer. If 2 nights were so wonderful, we can't imagine how 3 or 4 nights will be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy