Review Highlights

Reviewed 18 February 2018
Björn H
Stockholm, Sweden
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a fantastic afternoon with Eva. Eva is very passionate about natural products and how to use them. She was able to communicate this to us by walking in the forest and pointing out the products of nature, tasting them and explaining the goodness. During this walk she also brought her home made products in relation to what we were discovering. Then back in her home, we tasted more home made products. During the all time, she answered all our questions about Sami culture and we saw a number of buildings like smoke house. We came out very inspired in doing similar things in our own country. We really recommend this tour!!

Eva G, Manager at Essense of Lapland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Oh, thank you so much for your words! It was a pleasure having you in my house and my "back garden" around Jokkmokk, showing you my favorite plants and places. Today I have been by myself all day picking birch leaves and my fingers are totally green :) Hope you have a great vacation in Sweden.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loved the 2.5 hours that we spent with Eva. She is such a genuine person with a passion for the environment and the possibilities of the food sources in the forests and meadows of Lapland.

Eva met us at the Tree Hotel. Since it was April and the ground was heavily covered with snow there was no opportunity to actually forage for food, but Eva took us out along the paths to show the trees, shrubs, vegetables, flowers, herbs and grasses that she uses in her daily life. She talked about the raw materials, showed how she harvested them and then used them as food sources or flavourings or turned them into drinks. She had samples of all the items that we could taste/smell/drink.

After about 1.5 hours we returned to the tree hotel where Eva had further samples and finished food that she had prepared for us to try. We enjoyed this immensely.

The morning finished with Eva performing her Joik. This was a lovely and moving experience. Such a beautiful way to finish.

Eva G, Manager at Essense of Lapland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Oh, thank you for these lovely words for my Tree Hotel Flavor Tour! It was great to meet you and I could really feel that my passion for tastes from the wild nature was something you enjoyed too. All the best to you both.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

An inspiration for your own reflection towards nature and the food it has to offer. Eva is enthusiastic and knowledgeable and you don't want to stop tasting all the things she creates and learn more about them.

Eva G, Chef at Essense of Lapland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you! It was so much fun meeting you and showing you all the wild treats I like to pick - although most of them are under the thick layer of snow this time of year. Welcome back!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This was held in the Alpine garden on a nice sunny morning, so not sure if I got the full experience. But she is very knowledgeable and committed to what she does.