“Tennis trip”
other travellers have booked this property
Spectacular Pool and Beach Club w/ Your Villa! Pool, Gym, Spa, Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Yoga Studio
Your Space to Enjoy Enjoy the Hammocks under the Rancho
Room 1 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 2 (2 Full Beds) & Bath
Room 2 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 3 Bathroom with Tropical Outdoor Shower
Room 3 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
One of Three Pools Available to You
Sunset Therapy Steps Away
World Class Beach Club Steps Away from our Villa
One of 2 Spas inside our Resort for you to Relax and Enjoy
Surf the Famous Little Hawaii Break
Your nearly private beach, one of 3 beaches available to you
Beautiful Beach for you to Enjoy!
Incredible Sunsets Steps Away from the Villa
Two Hard Surface Outdoor Lighted Tennis and Pickleball Courts and Club On-Site
Two Mountain Bike Trails (beginner and advanced) with ocean views On-Site
Ride Horses in Tropical Dry Forest and the Beach; Equestrian Center On-Site
Gorgeous Sunsets on 1 of 3 Nearly-Private Beaches within Hacienda Pinilla
This Daily View Steps Away from Your Villa is Sure to Make You Happy!
Birds-eye View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This is All Yours to Enjoy with a Stay at Our Beach Villa!
Aerial View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
Overview
Villa -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 12
Pinilla, Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 187 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spanish first
Any
Stephen M
Catonsville, Maryland
“Tennis trip”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

It you ever want to feel more at ease and comfortable when you travel, then go to Pura Vida house. Every adventure was a joy and it was not rushed. This vacation allows you to do as little or as much as you like. Jorge and Stephanie were the best hosts that you can ask for. When in Costa Rica, stay with them. One day I will beat Jorge on the courts. Pura Vida!

Travelling group: Couples
27 Mar 2014
Steve, thank you for the kind review. We know how busy you are at the clinic, so really appreciate it! It will not be long before you beat me on the court, that’s the reason I did not want to play a set against you … I don’t want to see that 100mph serve coming straight at me! Your best tennis is yet to come, keep it up! Hope to see you guys again very soon; so long from Paso Hondo, pura vida! Jorge and Stephanie Morera.
PRMD10is
“This is the best vacation I had in my life.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Tennis classes were excellent, dynamic and fun. Jorge is a great tennis player and outstanding instructor. The food prepared by Pastora was delicious. Everything was fresh like the bread, fruits, vegetables, rice, etc. The trips and all activities were tailored to the specific taste of each one of the guests. I enjoy the Zip line, the Rodeo night, the boat trip, the dinner at Octavina's restaurant, the karaoke night, pottery with Rosa, the Marimba party with the neighborhood, horse back riding, the beaches, snorkeling, the massage ($20) at the beach and the relaxing "jamaca" time eating fresh oranges under the trees. Jorge and Stephanie were the best hosts you can ask for. They're intelligent, talented and caring wonderful young people. I miss Pastora, Maria, Jorge, Stephanie, the people from Costa Rica and I am planning to go back in the near future.

26 Mar 2014
Thanks for such a kind review! We miss you guys, and Pastora says hi (we told her you mentioned her in a review :-). We had such a great time with you, and only regret we didn't have more time with you. We really hope to see you guys sometime soon, whether it's out East or down here :-)

mathmjg
Reisterstown, Maryland
“A Memorable Experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I must say it was hard to leave the Pura Vida House and good bye to our gracious host, Jorge, and hostess, Stephanie. With their most amazing supportive staff including drivers and cook. It was truly a retreat. We awoke by roosters rather than an alarm clock. There were no newspapers or televisions for us to obsess over. It was rustic, but clean with authentic meals. We had rice, beans, and fried plantains everyday. Our tennis excursion was simply amazing! I could not believe we played in 97- 99 degree weather every morning, but without humidity. So you never felt you had to run to be inside with air conditioning like back home. We did hydrate quite a bit. I must have consumed at least 100 ounces of water while playing two and a half hours, but never had to run to the restroom. It simply evaporated. After lunch at the beach we were off on adventure excursions, including snorkeling, zip lining, jet skiing, horseback riding, hiking, visits to waterfalls and volcanoes. We even attended a rodeo. We had opportunities to dine at a local Soda in town one afternoon. In addition, I had an opportunity to dine on the beach one evening and had the best grilled snapper I have ever tasted. I am so looking forward to my return!

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
26 Mar 2014
Thank you so, so much for the review. We can truly say it was our pleasure to host you! You are such a positive person, and have a great energy to be around. That makes us especially glad you enjoyed your stay with us too :-).

You definitely have new friends down here in Costa Rica and in Columbus, Ohio!

Cindy A
Fairview, Canada
“One of the best vacations ever!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

My husband and I headed to the Guanacaste region to attend a wedding in Tamarindo. We booked Pura Vida House to stay prior to this as we wanted to experience something other than a resort stay. Right from our first inquiry via e-mail, the tone was set. Jorge responded promptly and the positivity had us instantly intrigued. Jorge met us at our hotel, and we were immersed in the beautiful sights of the area, with a stop at llanos de Cortez Waterfalls, before arriving to a beautiful home in Paso Hondo. Even though we shared the main home with 3 other couples, it felt private with our own separate room and bathroom, yet interactive enough that we felt like part of a wonder family at once. Jorge & Steph definitely were the ultimate hosts & made for a memorable stay. Activities were scheduled to our individual tastes, and we were able to change these easily. Our week included hiking, beach time with massages, meals, ziplining, turtle watching (I was hesitant to do this as I thought this would be invasive....Jorge ensured me that this was non-invasive as controls are in place with the group he books with......what a memorable experience!), sea kayaking, cooking lessons, miramba band & dancing with the locals, horseback riding, and bird watching on the estuary & around PVH. There was as much, or as little, as you cared to do. We could go again, and still have a whole new holiday! The highlight really was, the community of Paso Hando, and its wonderful people, Pastora made wonderfully healthy, typical Costa Rican meals. It was delicious and plentiful. We would recommend this vacation to anyone wanting to experience something other than what a typical tourist resort has to offer. If you love sports, and love nature, this is for you. If you aren't willing to share space with wonderful, other guests with similar interests, than this is NOT for you. We will treasure the memories made with our fellow guests, hosts, and the people of Paso Hondo. This stay exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return in the future. Thanks for everything! Brian & Cindy

Travelling group: Couples
Your age range 50-64
26 Mar 2014
We're so so glad you guys walked through our doors. It was an honor to host you and get to know you, you are both great people and we enjoyed our time with you tremendously. We hope you enjoyed the wedding and the rest of your time in Tamarindo.

You are so, so kind for taking the time to write such a nice review, we really appreciate it. But more so, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us, it is always our aim to ensure people have a great vacation, and come away feeling like they had a good Costa Rica experiance :-)

Pura Vida, and you have new friends here down South, as well as latitudes in between in Ohio!
LindseyCl...
York, Pennsylvania
“Vacation of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My trip to Costa Rica was a very last minute one. I got an email from a tennis group asking if anyone wanted to fill the last few spots of the trip, and since I had never been before, I thought "why not, that sounds like fun?" However, I had no clue this trip would turn out to be the best vacation I've ever had. I had every expectation of playing tennis every morning and doing some tourist adventure in the afternoon, but tourism means something different to the Moreras and Costa Ricans than it does to the people in the United States.
Every day was a seperate and exciting adventure. The house is located in a beautiful farm and mountain area, with dirt roads surrounding the area that are safe and great for runners and hikers alike. Every day, a healthy and hearty breakfast is served, and it is delicious. Their chef Pastora is fantastic, and Costa Rican so you know you're getting the real deal. The neighbors are so friendly too, they let me just walk on their property and see all of their farm animals, and one even let me milk a cow:)
Also, for any expert horseback riders, this is the place to visit! One of the cowboy neighbors has horses for you to ride, and he'll just let you run with the horse! No guide, no hour long lecture on safety, no liability, no helmet, it's just you and the horse. I've been all over the United States (even Montana and Colorado, which is supposedly cowboy country), taken horse back riding lessons, and I've never had so much fun riding than when I was at Pura Vida House.
There are also any variety of adventures and activities you can do, I tend to lean more towards the adventurous and athletic, so I did ziplining, hiking, surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding, tennis and spending A LOT of time at the beautiful beaches, where the waves are HUGE and bring out your inner kid. For those of you who worry that you could do this somewhere closer to home and get the same experience, you can't. In Costa Rica, everything is so much more laid back. Everything is done at your pace and people there aren't worried about money, they just want to make you happy. If you want to be cautious and go really slow, they'll accomodate you. If you want to be unsafe and go as fast as you can (like me) they'll also accomodate you. My last adventure that I want to talk about is the Rodeo that we went to. It was very Costa Rican, from the food, to the after-show dance party, to the Spanish-speaking announcer, and anyone can be a rodeo clown! I actually was able to get in the arena and run from the bull after the cowboy was knocked off (mind you, if you want to sit in the stands and cheer that is okay too). Where in the United States do you get an opportunity like that?!
I went to Pura Vida house a couple of weeks ago, and it took me this long to write a review because I didn't know how to put into words this kind of experience, and I teared up everytime I started to write a review. Stephanie and Jorge do such a great job with accomodating everyone of all different likes and dislikes. They do the best job out of any vacation I've been on of giving you a balance of tourism and local culture. Usually on a vacation, by the time it's over I'm ready to come home because I'm exhausted. However with this, I've been studying spanish every day and planning my jetski rental business on Avellanas beach so that I can move back and make it a permanent vacation.
Jorge and Stephanie, thank you so much for the wonderful experience. I've told so many of my tennis friends already, and I'm saving money so that I come back with them. Keep up the great work!

Travelling group: Solo
21 Mar 2014
Wow. We're so touched by your review, and all of the time you took to write that. Thank you for such kind words, and we're so so so happy you had such a great vacation. We know that most people don't even have one vacation a year, so it thrills us when we can be a part of making someone's week special.

We're honored you spent your week with us, and like we said, it makes us very happy that enjoyed your time so much. We'd love to see you down here again, and maybe rent a jet ski from you from time to time :-)

Pura Vida!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$ 300
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing