“Unbeatable”

Ghillies Steakhouse and Grill
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Rosyth
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Visited on Friday 17th Feb with 2 friends and can do nothing but praise this restaurant. From the friendly staff, the relaxing atmosphere and ,most of all, the food. 3 steaks all cooked to perfection. Will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone that will listen.

1  Thank BigVim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We are regular visitors to Ghillies and are never disappointed. The food is great and you receive generous sized portions. They have deals on and you can use your taste card.

1  Thank mysteryboo
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Looking for somewhere different to eat in the Dunfermline area on a quiet Wednesday night in January, we chose Ghillies, and with hindsight, it was a great choice.

The meal was for myself, my wife and our daughter, and though it was to mark my birthday, we were looking for simple pub grub, rather than anything fancy.

None of us had ever been to Ghillies, or for that matter the Gothenburg Hotel, so we'd no idea what to expect, other than the good reviews it's garnered recently on Trip Advisor but first impressions are important, and the décor, the lighting and the awesome collection of Whiskies put us in the mood to enjoy ourselves.

Unfortunately the other first impression wasn't so great, as there were only another three customers in the restaurant but as I said, it was a quiet Wednesday in January.

The Bartender/Waiter extended a nice welcome as he saw us to a table, took our drinks order, and brought us menu's. As the evening wore on he continued to make us feel welcome, with friendly though not over familiar conversation.

As for the food, I started with the Lentil Soup, which was a large and very tasty portion with a crusty roll and butter on the side. My daughter went for the Haggis and Black Pudding Balls, which she also said were very tasty, and my wife didn't bother with a starter.

For mains, I had the roast dinner of the day, which on this day was Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Roast and Boiled Potatoes, two Veg and a lovely jug of home made gravy, while my wife and daughter both opted for the half portion of Steak Pie. Again it came with a choice of potatoes, so my daughter chose roast/boiled while my wife chose mash. Both of them really enjoyed their meal and thought the half portion was a great choice. (So did I to be honest because it was half price but must have been a three quarter portion). They also enjoyed the pastry, which can sometimes prove the downfall of steak pie, if it is under or overcooked.

We were all too full for sweet, and the bill was picked up by my daughter, so I can't comment on the final cost but I think the menu items were fairly priced, which makes Ghillies favourite for a revisit.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Had a meal with my friend tonight . Excellent service haddock in breadcrumbs
Plus Mexican burger all cooked lovely . Have bought gift voucher for friends as Christmas gift . Would highly recommend

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Well we arrived at Ghillies without any booking on Thursday 1st December at about 3 pm, all 20 of us after attending a private service. Staff brilliant and so accommodating, food was delicious served fresh and hot, prices very reasonable. All staff were fantastic, considering we just all turned up including children. Thank you Ghillies for your hospitality. It was exactly what my family needed after a very sad and difficult morning. Well done guys.