Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fabulous day on the water!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
taylors566
New York City, New York
via mobile
Fantastic Boat + Gorgeous Reef

Reviewed 10 August 2021
F9097DAll

All reviews capt sean taco bar amazing experience great captain boat ride snorkel gear great lunch private charter st john day trip lime stable riding punctual locations
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing! Fantastic! Delightful! They don’t even begin to describe what a wonderful time we had on a full day charter with Captain Sean on Empire March. I work a stressful job in a stressful city and look forward to our annual boat trip in an almost obsessive way. Two friends and I come down to the USVI annually and have done a few full day charters over the years. Our past trips have involved a jaunt over to the BVI, but ya know, 2020-2021. Make no mistake though, staying in US waters did not put a damper on the day at all! If anything, it gave us a chance to really take in and appreciate the waters around St. John. While we also thoroughly enjoyed the past charters, our day on Empire March was a real standout! Captain Sean was great to communicate with during planning, professional, funny, informative and a joy to chat to. Being the planner/researcher of the group, I generally have a million questions and ideas of what I want to check out. Captain Sean answered them before I even knew I had them, and helped to hit all the things on my must-do list that made sense. The boat is also a good size and has plenty of shade when you need it. Being able to take advantage of the front and back definitely made it feel very spacious. We started the day cliff jumping! Some people start the day with coffee. We started it slightly differently. Good way to get the neurons firing! We loved it. Over the course of the day we headed to Mermaid’s Chair (beautiful!), Maho (gorgeous!), Hanson Bay (can I stay there forever?) and more I’m definitely forgetting. The rush of serotonin clouded my memory. Or maybe it was the rum, unclear. The gorgeous blue water, lush green landscape, and soft sand were truly soul soothing. Captain Sean pointed out some of the gorgeous sights and shared some local stories along the way. He was so fantastic to chat with as well. We talked about all types of topics and he is just a wonderfully interesting and thoughtful person. My friends actually stuck around in the boat for a while just to chat with him while I floated off into la-la-land at one stop haha! Our last stop of the day was Lime Out which I had been quietly obsessing over visiting for months. It did not disappoint, such a cool experience. The amazing day closed with us heading around the south side of St. John which I had never seen before. I love hearing about local history and lore, and Captain Sean was so kind to share. Easily the best day of our trip, and I hope we can get out on the water with Empire March and Captain Sean again next year. In the meantime, I’ll be happily recommending to friends and family. This boat trip was such a nice way to balance exploring and relaxing. I’d recommend this endlessly!

TL;DR - Great trip, gorgeous sights, easy planning, wonderful captain, fair and reasonable pricing.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Capt Sean took us on a 1/2 day charter. We had elderly grandparents and young kids - everyone was accommodated. We snorkeled Lovango and the sunken sailboat. Rain and choppy seas tried to disrupt our day, but we didn’t let it! Captain Sean kept us safe and made us comfortable. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a great day. Don’t miss the Caribe beer (a must try on the islands!)

Reviewed 9 August 2021

Captain Sean is the best! Great guy who knows the area very well. He lets you kind of customize where you want to go, but will also offer suggestions on sites to see. We had a great time! He only does private tours, so have the entire tour to your self.....and the price is very reasonable. Would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting St Thomas/St John!

Reviewed 5 August 2021

We had a great time on St. John and the highlight of our trip was a day with Empire Boat Charters! We had a great time with Captain Sean and he took us To some great spots for snorkeling and the day couldn’t have been better. A very comfortable boat with lots of shade or sun. We also had a great lunch at Line Out! We’ll definitely book a day again on our next trip.

Date of experience: August 2021
Sean L, Owner at Empire Boat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I had a great time showing you some of my favorite snorkeling spots. I am so glad you liked Empire March, she is perfect for cruising around the islands. I am looking forward to seeing you again when you return!

Reviewed 4 August 2021

We just returned from St. John and one of the highlights of our vacation was a day with Empire Boat Charters! We had a great time with Sean, the Captain, and seeing the beautiful sights of St. John. We went snorkeling at some very nice area on the South Shore with very little people around & that had a great lunch at Line Out! Great day!!! Highly recommend Empire Boat Charters!!!

Date of experience: July 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I enjoyed showing you guys around the islands and Lime out never disappoints. Hopefully when you return you will come out with us again!