All reviews bagdogra airport natural setting amazing walk local cheese local cuisine amidst nature spent nights local monastery west sikkim home cooked his team the cottages long journey views of the mountains three nights local sightseeing mountain range
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We made an impulsive decision and cut short our stay in Gangtok by a day to visit this farmhouse before heading to Barsey. It was just the right decision! We were awestruck at the simplicity and the beauty of the place. The host , Mr. Thendup, is extremely courteous & very hospitable. The staff, equally hospitable. A very polite staff member took us on an exhilarating 2 hour walk around the farm in the mountains.
The only sound you can hear at the farm is that of nature. The farm, is set against the backdrop of Kanchejunga.

Food is absolutely delicious. We are vegetarians and requested for some local cuisine. Got to devour some very delicious curries and daals.

It was a memorable stay and I would love to visit the place again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I cannot thank enough Thendup and his family for the amazing time I had at the farm. The place is just beautiful, with plenty of walks and places to visit in the surroundings. The food they serve is out of this world, and they take a lot of pride in presenting local specialties cooked to perfection. So many reasons to stay there, the peace, nature, the food, the welcome, the views, the cabin... I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We went there in Apr 2017(Just last week). The trip to Rinchenpong is long but it is well worth it. It is a beautiful farm that has been built tastefully by the host Thendup. Other reviewers have mentioned many good things about the farm, so let me talk about the people.

It is the hospitality of Thendup and the team that really set apart this farm stay from our other stays in Sikkim. The host really goes out of his way to ensure that you are well taken care of. I was about to take a couple of local hikes but my shoes were damaged. Thendup offered his shoes and helped me complete the trek. On the last day, the shared taxi from Rinchenpong stood cancelled. Thendup personally drove us to Kaluk and ensured that we got our seats. The food was great too, some if it locally grown in the farm itself. The staff are warm and very welcoming of the guests. The momo making session was great too.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this farm stay to anyone and would go there myself if I ever travelled to Sikkim again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We made a very quick impromptu decision to visit sikkim and decided on yang sum organic farm as it sounded just what we wanted... And we were not disappointed.. Just feel a little in love with the place.. The area.. Its just perfect... And the good was just Sublime.. Even though we were trekking everyday we were stuffed with the delicious meals that we were served... Wow is a good description.. Very innovative and amazing variety.. The local cheese is superb
and mr thendup is a lovely person and gentleman.. Very helpful thank you..
The room we had the one on the first level with a long verandah had so much character
I could go on and on
So to put it in a nutshell
Is a perfect place for any one to start their sikkim experience
We have fallen in love
With each other
And this place..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the farm after the beautiful but demanding Goechala trek. Our decision to treat ourselves for a stay there was one of the wisest we made on our entire trip!

They made us mouthwatering (vegan!) food, hosted us in a beautiful, large, comfortable room and helped us do exactly what we wanted - have a full rest for a couple of days, with some short walks in the area. Tashi, the owner, helped us with everything and anticipated our needs before they even occurred to us.

Thank you, Tashi, for amazing hospitality! Will definitely return when we come for the Utarrey-Singalila trek.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple