“Wonderful farmhouse right in the heart of nature!!”

Yangsum Heritage Farm
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Thendup and team are great hosts. Decided to do my family vacation here basis the excellent reviews in Conde Nast Traveller magazine. The farmhouse lives up to its reputation of excellent hospitality amidst undisturbed natural surroundings. Thendup was kind enough to drive us uphill to the nearby monastery. Food was very local and light. Loved it. The best part is pure natural surroundings and fresh air. Highly recommend the farm. One thing the travelers need to keep in mind and apportion time accordingly is the travel time to the farm which is 5 hours on not so great roads from Bagdogra.

Room Tip: All cottages are great!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Yangsum Heritage Farm

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Farm houses are very clean, spacious and well maintained. View from the rooms are awesome. Food was awesome. He prepared some local food items which were awesome. Got to eat some herbs which were very rare. Thanks to the owner.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Who wouldn't want a beautiful place to live in the Hills, away from the City crowd or may be away from all Hustle Bustle of the city rush.

During my recent expedition on bike to Sikkim , we were take to to a Beautiful Home Stay , The Place is a Very Well kept area , In Midst of The Hills . It is Called Yangsum Heritage farms, it is 2 Kms Downhill from the main Bazaar in Rinchenpong , The Way down hill is totally hilly and you need to be care full while driving , but when you reach here you will just Awe struck by the beauty of this Place . Huge Gardens with Some Cottages and just Greenery all over .

This Place is Taken Care by Mr Thendup Tashi , Who with his wife are the Caretaker of this ancestral property, They are an Excellent Host and you i just loved the way they took care of us . Thank you :)

We were given individual cottages which have been made by Wood , i must say i had not expected such well kept cottages in the hills, These cottages had all The basic amenities which we need to stay , From Hot Water Geysers to Good Bathrooms, to Good Pillow Beds to well lite area. Being in hills away from mainland you don't expect all this but every basic thing was provided .

As we were late , we changed and came to a Big Dinning room , before dinner was served , Mr Tashi Offered us Chaag, It is The local Beer Made off MILLET. As i am non alcoholic it was surprising to me that it was served with WARM WATER , it was good as told to me by fellow companions .

Latter we were served food and it was pure home cooked Desi Hilli Food, we had Dal , Chicken , Fresh Pork, Vegetables served with Rice and Rotis.

It was a delicious meal made by Mrs Tashi her self and was very well cooked . I had Never had Such delicious PORK ever. it was the best part of it .

After a delicious dinner we all went to our cottages , we hanged out for some time then we all went to sleep as it was a tiring day and next morning we had to again carry on out biking expedition to Gangtok.

It was a good night sleep and i woke up to the clouds just passing by my windows, it was so beautiful outside , as it rained in the night scene out side my cottage was just beautiful . Greenery , Clouds, wow you just don't want to leave this place once you are here .

After having my bath i was all set for breakfast which was again in the Dining hall, What a spread it was , from Veg Rolls, to Sandwiches to Eggs,to Butter Toast with Flavoured Jams with Fresh Juice , Milk , Corn Flakes.

It was amazing breakfast again cooked by Mrs Tashi,

Sadly it was time to say good bye to Yangsum Farms, and its owners Mrs & Mr Tashi.

I would certainly Love to be back here if given a chance . and live for some more days then just one.

For bookings you can contact Thendup Tashi at yangsumfarm@yahoo.com
yangsumfarm2013@gmail.com
or call +91 (0)9434 179 029
www.yangsumheritagefarm.com

Amazing Stay .

Happy Travelling Happy Reading :)

Room Tip: It is in Midst of Hills . Just enjoy the surroundings
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

A lovely little farm stay! We stayed here for a total of 5 nights in the log cabin. Sparingly appointed but to good taste, this perfectly matched our needs.
The food was without doubt excellent. Be warned that it is Sikkimese fate and can be a tad spicy!
The terrain here is hilly... as expected! Allow sufficient time and energy for walks.
There are a few jungle paths and monasteries to explore. Thendup, the owner of the farm will happily arrange for someone to accompany you these.
This is a working farm and as such minor inconveniences like creepy crawlies and leeches must be tolerated. City slickers be warned!
In all this is a lovely place to get away from it all and gave us the peace and respite from our daily grind and reconnect with nature and ourselves.
Highly reccomended.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abheesh P
Reviewed 18 June 2015

This is the most amazing stay ever !!! As most of the wives have complaints that their spouses never surprise them & my wife was no different ;) I came across this place accidently on a forum, it was mentioned to be the 10 places to stay in India in a popular travelogue book. So I booked it with a wish to surprise my wife !! And it turned out to be most wonderful time of my Sikkim trip.

All wooden cottages, in the middle of dense Himalayan forests, just few people around, no pollution/noise of urban setup. This is a TRUE holiday destination !! which you really enjoy & don't get tired
Three wholesome organic meals everyday, with new dishes everytime !!! Home made pan cake with banana topping, home made noodles, momos, curries of karela, wild ferms, & lots of fresh green veggies in every meal. Sikkim is completely organic, only in cities to meet the demand, they import non-organic stuff from other states. This being near a village, all the food stuff was completely organic.

Even both of us being pure vegetarian, they took the best care of us & made sure the food was cooked with complete sanctity.

My Thendup Tashi is such a nice host I can't tell you in words. On the day we had to leave for Bagdogra airport, the driver was supposed to come at 4, but till 5:30 there was no sign of his coming, My Thendup Tashi drove us to the driver in a nearby village himself !! & made sure we reached safe & sound at the airport.

Both mornings & evenings, we hiked around through the dense forests, villages, fields, monastaries through points overlooking breathtaking views of Himalayas !! My. Tashi arranged for a very nice guide as well. Its an eye treat for people for who want to be with the nature, in the woods, who want to interact with the local people

Every person at the farm, including the female cook Deepa, was so friendly, polite, soft & warm hearted. I loved my 3 days time in every aspect. Every small need of ours was taken care of immediately.

The most calm & serene, green & clean place you can ever find... !!! If you are planning to surprise anyone, make sure you stay for at least 3 days here !! :)

Soon I will write a blog & write more about it !!

Whatever I say about this absolute paradise is less, & pictures speak more than words. Posting few pics here.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rinchenpong
The Elgin Mount Pandim, Pelling
Mandarin Village Resort
Rinchenpong Village Resort
Rinchenpong Village Resort
#22 of 60 in West Sikkim

Been to Yangsum Heritage Farm? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK