“Excellent multi-family rental”
shoreline
Cabin
Sunset
Boat-house
Boathouse living area on porch
Kitchen in boat house
bathroom in Boathouse
bedroom #1 in Boathouse
Boathouse bedroom #2
Kitchen- Main cottage
Dining Porch- main cottage
Bedroom #4
Second bathroom in main cottage
Cabin bathroom
Cabin porch
Cabin Living area
Cabin Dining
Cabin living room
Main cottage screened-in porch
main cottage porches
harvest table in main cottage
Main cottage
Downstairs bedroom in main cottage
upstairs bedrooms in main cottage
Living room in main cottage
entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

EWEW2
Nicholson, Pennsylvania
“Excellent multi-family rental”
Reviewed 3 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This rental has plenty of room for everyone. The swimming and fishing are great from the dock. The cottages are clean. Excellent sunsets can be seen from the camp fire at night.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Cammie101
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Canadian Gem”
Reviewed 8 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Where do I even begin? Our family of 16 people stayed here for a week in May. When looking for properties last year, I knew that I wanted to find something that was near where my family stayed during the summer when growing up. And out of nowhere came this gem. This lovely property is less than 5 minutes from the cottage where I grew up in. That right there sold me.

To start, the booking process was absolutely care free. I could tell almost immediately that should we have any questions or needs, the property owners would respond instantly.

The location is fabulous! 10 minutes from main restaurants, stores, and activities. The actual property itself is on a beautiful corner on the lake- how could it get any better?

There are 3 homes, with a potential fourth to rent. We only needed to rent the 3. The main cottage was perfect, with a good enough size kitchen for the main chefs in our family to cook for 16 daily, all the while never running into each other. There is SO much space in this home- that we never even had to use the upstairs facilities at all. The main dining room easily accommodated all 16 of us after moving another table into the room. The screened in porch in the back was absolutely amazing- especially when the hundreds of mosquitos came out in the early evening!

The cottage on the hill was so sweet. The main sitting room/kitchen worked very well for preparing appetizers every night without the stress of everyone else. The bedrooms worked very well for all staying in this house.

The boat house was just fabulous. All of the children stayed here. The kitchen in this home worked perfectly for preparing dessert every evening. The bedrooms and bathroom accommodated everyone very nicely. I often would walk in every night and find the kids all gathered around the main table in the living room playing games, cards, etc..

The main thing I absolutely adored about this property was all of the space provided. Not only outside, but inside as well. With 16 people, one can surely imagine that it can get crowded at times. But let me be the first to say- it was the exact opposite. Having three different homes gave everyone the privacy they needed all week and eased on the feeling of everyone potentially being on top of each
other.

The outside amenities were an extra bonus for us. Especially with having 5 out of the 16 people staying be under the age of 25. The canoes and paddles were great- the kids paddles out every day and they were even able to canoe to our old cottage and see it. But out of all things, I would definitely like to rave on the dock(s) down at the boat house- WOW! My family all brought fishing poles and supplies. The majority of our days were spent swimming, canoeing, and fishing! It was such a joy to see my whole family take chairs down to the dock and fish, socialize, etc.. EVEN early in the morning hours, kids woke up with smiling faces to know they could run right outside their door and begin fishing for the day! Other family members brought enos (hammocks) and we hung 4 of them up in a triangle between this set of trees right by the dock(s). Even the elderly went and laid in them throughout the day and read their books. In the early evenings, we would all sit on the dock(s) and watch the sunset all while serving Hor d'eurves.

Another plus to this was not once throughout our entire time spent there, did any person turn on a tv, complain about not being able to play video games, etc. Everyone equally spent time outside throughout our week there.

If you and your family are looking for a tranquil, yet quite beautiful place to stay, I highly recommended. Out of all of the traveling I am always doing around the world, I seldomly take time out to write reviews. But I truly felt that this property deserves a 5-star review. If I could rate it higher, I would.

Quite simply, if you decide to pass on this property and all of its quaint charm, then you are a fool.

I look forward to the day I can bring my family again.

Management Response
8 Jul 2017
Wow! Thanks Cammie101 for the descriptive and thoughtful review! It is a pleasure to do my job when the guests love the area as much as I do! Thanks so much and I hope you return soon!
Karl F
Merseyside, United Kingdom
“Best place you could wish for to enjoy the superb environment of the area”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Absolutely loved everyhting about the place, if you are looking for a place to enjoy with either a small group or large family like our trip was this is the place. We didnt use the TV but used the DVD player only once as there is so much to enjoy and just have great family time together be this a young girl catching her first ever fish, on the lake in the kayaks or to hanging around the camp fire telling stories. Watching the wildlife run around the place including Alfie the chipmunk kept everyone entertained for ages.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Going home
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Montreal
Reviewed 16 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing