“Amazing experience!”
Review of Just Diving

Just Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just Diving is located directly the opposite beach of Bain Boeuf. From there, we dive across the northern parts of Mauritius, including the outer islands. Our full time highly trained PADI and SSI instructors provide courses and programs designed to suit your needs, from beginner levels to dive master. We offer a range of speciality diver courses for those who want to gain experience in a particular speciality, including deep diving, enriched air, night diving and wreck diving. We launch twice a day for 2 tank dives to dive sites (morning and afternoon). We have a large variety of different dive sites within close proximity to suit all levels and interests. The dive center is equipped with all the amenities expected for a dive centre, including training pool, class room, compressor room with 2 compressors (including nitrox), reception and outdoor areas to just hang out and enjoy the Mauritius climate. We have a full range of rental gear available. Please contact us to join us on our next diving adventure...
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 10 days in Mauritius, including two amazing mornings with Just Diving.

Our hotel recommended Just Diving and we are SO glad that they did. Although we are technically PADI Open Water divers, it had been a couple of years since we learnt to dive. Gaelle and Bertrand, the lovely new French owners of Just Diving, were very quick to respond to our requests and helpfully organised a refresher with their instructor Alwin that same afternoon. Gaelle even picked us up and dropped us back at our hotel, despite it being 15 minutes away!

Alwin was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, putting us at ease straightaway. He was especially patient when I needed to practise some skills a few times, such as preparing the BCD and clearing my mask of water in the pool. All the equipment is of a new and excellent standard, which helped us to feel even more safe and prepared for our dives.

On the actual dive mornings, Bertrand and Alwin were really fantastic. We were taken on the smaller boat to some truly beautiful dive sites with amazing coral reefs. Before each dive, they helped us make sure that our equipment was prepared correctly and gave us good advice on what to expect or watch out for. It was also great to meet some other Advanced Open Water divers and Dive Masters on the boat, who were also extremely kind and helpful.

During the dives, Bertrand and Alwin guided us well and showed us so many amazing sea creatures, including lion fish, stone fish, moray eels, many other tropical fish... and best of all, huge sting rays, eagle rays and turtles! What an incredible honour to swim in such amazing surroundings.

The staff were also really professional with keeping to the correct depths, taking safety stops and surface intervals, ensuring that these were done for the appropriate amount of time. (We gather that in certain countries, these rules can often be ignored!!) While we waited on the boat, Alwin kindly took us nearer to shore so that I didn’t get motion sickness from the waves. The cookies and juice were also gratefully received as a quick energy booster!

Overall, if you are looking for a friendly dive company with experienced staff, new equipment, stunning dive sites and an incredible variety of sea life... you have to pick Just Diving! We will certainly be returning some day soon as they have reignited our love of diving!

Merci beaucoup à Gaelle, Bertrand et Alwin. From Katy and Ben, London

JustDivingMauritius, Gérant at Just Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Katy and Ben,
I hope that the return to London is good.
Thank you very much for your comment which only confirms our joy to share our work but also our enthusiasm to satisfy our customers. Then you have nothing left to do; continue to dive, have fun and then pass the second level: Advanced!
See you soon, I hope ;-)

"underwater photographer"
"actual dive"
"whole experience"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I booked Just Diving after carefully researching several diving spots, and I was very happy with choice.

As a first time diver, I was very apprehensive of the whole experience, even though it was something I have been meaning to do for a long time.

I was warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable all the way along. From trying on the equipment, to the pool dive, the boat trip out to see and the actual dive, JD made sure that it was as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.

Having lived in Mauritius for 19 years but never went diving, I was cursing myself for not having done this adventure earlier. The whole underwater world was as magical as I expected it to be ... I saw moray eels, lion fish, sea slug, octopus, sea snake and more!!!

I fully recommend Just Diving ... I am definitely going back to do my full PADI or SSI. I am hooked!!!

Hello,
Thank you beauoucp for your comment. It is important for us that our customers come out of our stay with us satisfied and in addition if we give you the drop to spend your Open Water then on a whole win .... And you know where to come to spend it ;-)
See you soon

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Had a great experience with Just Diving. They picked me up from my hotel, without any extra charge. Brought me to the diving centre, in the beginning it was only me and my partner joining, and he was going to snorkel while I was going to dive. Then two South African guys just joined spontaneously, father and son. Lovely people. The instructor was fun and helpful. The boat was quite small but its fine, nothing to complain abt compared to the experience that was given below the surface. The French couple that owns this place were amazing as well. My partner became very ill and between the first and second dive we went into the shore to rest and get away from the waves. The owner then came and picked him up and brought him to the hotel. Everything sorted. Believe me, go with Just Diving, you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank royiis
JustDivingMauritius, Owner at Just Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you Roya for your comment. It is nice to have feedback on our customers. We try to satisfy the requests of our customers as much as possible. It is important for us. Too bad for you that the cyclone of Madagascar did not allow you to dive more and discover the wonderful seabed of Mauritius. But if you come back to the corner now you know where to find us. A next time may be for some bubbles.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We went for a snorkeling trip, 800 RS a person, and sailed to the island out of the north coast. The snorkel was fine with lots of fish, but not that many colourful corals.
The people working at Just Diving was extremely sweet and helpful. All in all - a very good experience.
And - since the snorkelling is at noon, remember tons of sun lotion (say us with the burned legs )

JustDivingMauritius, Owner at Just Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi Annemette,
Thank you so much for your comment. We were also pleased to share a moment with you two. It was a pleasure to welcome you.
Have you received the photos?
Soon I hope to share this time if a new diving experience !!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2018

As a couple of full time diving instructors on holiday, our expectations were high! There are a lot of dive centres to choose from in the area, and our choice was based on being the closest to our hotel, to avoid wasting time travelling.
We did two dives a day for 5 days over a two week period, wanting to specialise in photography. This was accommodated with no problem at all, and we had a great time searching for critters with whichever member of staff was with us.
All the equipment at the centre is good quality, and new, including all the cylinders.
We dived from their smaller boat during our stay, which is fine for 6 divers plus staff.
Dives sites varied from Coin de Mere island to local reefs and wrecks, and the sites are chosen according to conditions and level of divers on the boat, though most sites can cater for advanced and novice divers.
Diving starts early at 8.00am and you are normally back at the centre around 12.00 after two dives, which is great as you have the rest of the day to chill. Water and juice are available on the boat during the surface interval. Night dives also available on request.
Overall, a great time diving and an enjoyable and relaxing dive centre which offers good value for money.

Hi Howard,
It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you with Sarah. Thank you for your good mood and enthusiasm.
See you again and exchange some bubbles together ;-)
See you soon.