All reviews home stay mango tree house nice food place called tt table hot water mumbai goa highway food quality suresh homestay trees ratnagiri geyser nature property recreation
Reviewed 30 May 2018

dear all travelers i visited O'Nest Home Stay in 16-18 May with my wife, child (6Yr) and my mother (64 yr) old. I already stayed in Mango Villa which was in under same management in 2017 where our family enjoyed very good hospitality. So this time i decided to stay at O'Nest as my native place is Angavali which is 20 km far from Devrukh to visit for. I booked and paid advance 25% amount before my visit. I traveled from Goa to Ratnagiri and Ratnagiri to Devrukh. I paid rs. 1800/- for Etios AC car from Ratnagir to Devrukh for that Onest quoted me 2200/-. I ignored. I reached at Onest by evening on 16 May with my family from Ratnagiri. They allot me super deluxe room at ground floor. We checked in room, rest for few min. and i went to washroom for toilet and bath. Bath room was tiny. when i started to take bath and after some time i saw that all water logged around and how much logged.. its came upper level of my fingers. i thought it will drain away but it wasn't. i changed my cloth and bring management people to show the problem, water was still logged their. Lastly one of worker open the drainage hole to clean and then it was cleared. Their was also AC problem. I told management that if you already had an idea that new customer going to be check in then your house keeping not prepared room before they come by checking all the aspect? but management lady in office don't have any manners how to response or reply. she told me that last customer checked out just few hrs we came.what rubbish? we stayed first night. Took dinner in Oleaf. If you want to make your dish less spicy or no green chilly or any thing, they will tell you what you have to order. Their is no manners to captain also how to talk. even they don't tell you at what time break fast is available. Instead all the below category staff is very very help full along with the person who previously handle all the management but now he is a only multi purpose worker but he has good ability then current staff to handle the situation.
second day we visited near by peoples to whom we know where we came to knew that from last 2 days their was rainy atmosphere in Devrukh. We come back afternoon to Onest and take lunch. It was okay. but food is little bit costly but still okay. after some reset we got ready to leave to visit our native village but then suddenly storm and heavy rain started. so we canceled our visit and seated in room. After some time Onest gone in to black. few min after they start 1 small light and 1 fan only. no hot water no ac in room. Even no small light on path which goes to restaurant or attached other part of area. it is required because it is village area and you can't say what should come in to your feet. they did not provide you ac of no hot water come to your geezer once light gone. My mother is aged i bring her to show her village last time so i decided to stay in Onest. She is also heart patient so she got suffocated at evening. I ask several time by calling to office that when will you start full light or ac or alternate power back up? my mother got suffocated. but the lady in office who all time laying by telling us it will take 10 min. From afternoon 3 pm to night 9 o clock we are in dim light and dim fan. Because of rainy session in evening its became dark outside already and we are only one family at one side.where are 4 room and only 1 occupied with our family. their are trees area surrounding. At 8 to 8.30 pm remaining dim light and fan also gone and it was fully black out. My mother and child had been scared. No person had been come to see what were happened with single candle or to check how our customer is. is they require candle or any help? where my aged mother and small child was scared in room. we couln't even keep open the door or window due to small Creature like snake or scorpion had chances to come in which has been found occasionally in Konkan region. I have seen full light in resto and other part of home stay area from my room. so why our area goes in black. Lastly i told my mother and child to wait outside the room and my wife and i went to restaurant where full light is lightning just like Diwali song is going on and all staff was their to attend local people who come to restaurant in evening for dinning. when we tried to told worker situation first they didn't bother. lastly one person came with small candle to light in room & went to resto. one candle is enough for stay? I asked worker what happened, why light gone they don't have answer. They don't have separate staff to serve the people who stayed in room. they all busy in restaurant in evening. My wife and i repeatedly asked to various worker that why light gone? how then only restaurant light and another section of home stay is going on. but they don't want to listen. Lastly my wife shouted on restaurant manager in front of other public in resto. and then they took attention what we had been asking. resto manager went to room and when he came he told that inverter battery was gone and they don't have extra battery??????then. what should we do now. in middle of time i bring my old mother and child in resto to be seated. my mother was in maxi. and sweated due to no fan or ac or ventilation. we ask them we cannot seat or stay this situation for long time, but they told us you have to stay because we don't have any option until to get another battery. we gone mad we went to office where is another lady who don't have any humanity or manners. she only learnt to be speck lie. when my wife ask her about same and told her to shift us another room where light is available she told that they don't have another room to shift and they are going to shift us in another hotel????what at 10 o clock. I very well knows and people who occasionally come to Devrukh knows that their is no other good hotel is here. After some time a owner came and started conversation with little smile. how he can smile in such situation...??? he is very young boy in between 30-40 yr old. but he even don't know how to handle the situation, how to react towards customer he repeatedly said me do not shout..spick in low voice???how should be it possible. Is that people seance less. You people are lyre. even you don't have any sufficient back up you don't have extra preparation to handle situation and you charged people in thousand. why you are taking so much booking even you cannot provide full flesh facility, for which we paid to you. Mr. pitre did all the aspect of hotel like branded from mineral water to resto and he told us that they don't have even extra back up or battery and person has been sent to get battery at 10 pm. if light will not came up to morning and if that battery is also got any problem in mid night to whom we should contact. after an hour and half another battery they bought from outside only because we did this TAMASHA and bring owner to came out to spick. Mr. pitre told me that " this is not hotel, this is my small home stay"??? then why you charged room rent like hotel. after late night at 11 pm mscb light came by our luck. where i used to stay for 4 days, we left hotel very next morning and went to stayed in Hotel Sangam Regency Ratnagiri at 2700/-pd including break fast for 3 adult+1child, extra bed and taxes. where i didn't faced any cut off and black out even mean time mscb power is gone because they have sufficient power back up to give full service to customer at their stay. Whereas Onest billed me full hotel charges to pay rs 2600/-pd without any breakfast or service and height on same they gave rs 200/- discount on overall bill to me. when i asked to that office lady that is it a compensation of our molestation? that useless lady said YES????is it. Is that not rubbish. where I paid total 5500/- to hotel for all this. Dear travelers i will request to you please do not go their. they do not have full service. Manager & owner do not know how to talk with customer in such situation or any other option you have to sit on road or in forest. thanks.

Room Tip: Do not go their if you have small child or aged people in rainy session
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank indiavikram
Mithil P, Front Office Manager at O'Nest Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Greetings!!!

Feedback is always appreciated and it is important for us to understand how you experienced your stay.
I apologize for these inconveniences and for the challenges you had during your recent visit.
It is very disturbing that our staff was not friendly or accommodation display a lack of empathy is truly a disappointment.

We would like to deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to failure on our part in relation to serving you with the utmost care and dedication.

We would like to assure you that the problem faced by you is not the every day occurrence, however, it may occur sometimes due to certain circumstances which are unavoidable on our part. Thus, we would like to invite you to our hometstay from our side and give us a chance to show you our hospitality and service. We hope that we can regain your confidence and trust in a future visit if we are selected.

Regards

Manali

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Nice place to stay and relax. Good location, good food, tranquil place and good ambiance of the property make it a perfect place to unwind. Staff is good and prompt. Secured private parking is not available. Also, in spite of being at the heart of Kokan, they do not serve authentic Kokani cuisine.

Room Tip: Value for money!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Was Excellent experience staying at ONest with awesome food and Environment. Since last 3 years we are visiting ONest, Last time when we visited it was renewed in very attractive manner. Would recommend everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I had booked two room. One a tree house and the other a triple share. Both the rooms had very comfortable beds and good lighting in the rooms with both hot and cold water supply in the bathrooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and the cost very reasonable. Will any day recommend you to stay here and enjoy the rural Maharashtra! Its value for money and more. They also have wifi but did not use it, so not sure about speed and connectivity.

Room Tip: peaceful rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Mithil P, Owner at O'Nest Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with tripadvisor.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This place changed our view of rural Maharashtra. The entire establishment is completely natural and is carved to suit the modern sensibilities. The staff is more than just helpful and really care about the place as well as the customers. The location is well marked and the food yummy! We definitely recommend it for families who have forgotten what sleeping in nature’s lap means. Ashok and Vinod were very kind and helped me learn carrom!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple