Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Dullah_Wildlifetz
Arusha, Tanzania
via mobile
Incredibly Expansive Selection

This store has an incredibly expansive selection of art (including local from local and on-site... read more

Reviewed 5 May 2021
americanlimey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All reviews huge selection african art ngorongoro crater high end en route family and friends buy things back home souvenir shop tanzanite gallery shopping quality bargain piece price items
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

The place is very good, my guest experience a lot in this gallery that was unexpected to them, and they enjoyed a lot

Date of experience: April 2021
2  Thank Dullah_Wildlifetz
Reviewed 20 March 2021

If you are spending time in the Karatu District of Tanzania, en route to or from Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara National Park, Tarangire National Park, or other destinations, you are likely to see this fabulous "store" on the outskirts of Manyara town which is at the intersection of routes you will take to these places. You will recognize it by the huge elephant statue outside. The Galleria is more than just a store for buying souvenirs and curios. Budget at least 30 minutes or an hour to visit, so that you can go through the mock-up Tanzanite mine; explore the galleries of carvings, fabrics and clothes, beadwork, pottery, and other crafts; and just indulge in the ambience of a rich "safari shopping experience". A casual restaurant, recently added, now gives visitors an expanded experience, so you could plan on having lunch here too. Also, if you are interested in jewelry, especially precious stones and TANZANITE, this store has an extensive collection of very fine, authenticated pieces with knowledgeable staff to assist you without making you feel you are being pressured. Whatever you buy will be well-wrapped for traveling and taking home, so this need not deter you from shopping.
We make a point of stopping at the African Galleria every time we visit this area of Tanzania--we wouldn't miss it for anything. You will even be amused by the "wildlife statues at the entrance, including the big elephant and the crocodile that has spark plugs for teeth.

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank dianelorraineb
Reviewed 27 February 2021

I bought a ring in this Boutique on 24th October 2020. I am not an expert and I noticed just the day after, when I wore the ring for the 1st time, that it was defective. Indeed, the setting of the tanzanite is broken: the stone can go away at anytime, and 2 out of the 4 rods are "right" (instead of curved around the stone) and hold onto everything (clothes, hair, etc.). I firstly would like to do a repair directly in a French Boutique, but some Professionals told me that the price here to re-do the setting will be very expensive... I have the certificate and the ring is still brand-new but it was sold damaged, and apparently there is no guarantee as this Boutique does not respond to my messages...

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 29 January 2021

As mentioned before this place is a scam, especially the jewlery store for Tanzanites. Tourists are getting ripped off here. The certificates you get for the Tanzanite are fake and the stones do not have the grading that is mentioned on it. According to the certificate, I bought a AAA stone with 18k yellow gold earrings. I got the stone checked at a jewlery store and it turned out to be a AA stone and the gold to be only 14k. SO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT THAT PLACE AND CERTAINLY NOT TANZANITE. I would recommend going to The Tanzanite Experience instead - they are very trustworthy and great! GO THERE ANS AVOID THE AFRICAN GALLERY.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

This was our third visit and it gets better each time. The owner chatted with us for quite a while, and gave us a beautiful anniversary gift. I love everything I have ever bought there. We will always stop in when we are in the area.

Date of experience: October 2020