Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
DullahWildlife

The place is very good, my guest experience a lot in this gallery that was unexpected to them, and... read more

Reviewed 21 April 2021
Dullah_Wildlifetz
Arusha, Tanzania
via mobile
Incredibly Expansive Selection

This store has an incredibly expansive selection of art (including local from local and on-site... read more

Reviewed 5 May 2021
americanlimey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All reviews huge selection african art ngorongoro crater high end en route family and friends buy things back home souvenir shop tanzanite gallery shopping quality bargain piece price items
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2021

As mentioned before this place is a scam, especially the jewlery store for Tanzanites. Tourists are getting ripped off here. The certificates you get for the Tanzanite are fake and the stones do not have the grading that is mentioned on it. According to the certificate, I bought a AAA stone with 18k yellow gold earrings. I got the stone checked at a jewlery store and it turned out to be a AA stone and the gold to be only 14k. SO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT THAT PLACE AND CERTAINLY NOT TANZANITE. I would recommend going to The Tanzanite Experience instead - they are very trustworthy and great! GO THERE ANS AVOID THE AFRICAN GALLERY.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

This was our third visit and it gets better each time. The owner chatted with us for quite a while, and gave us a beautiful anniversary gift. I love everything I have ever bought there. We will always stop in when we are in the area.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 24 June 2020

I visited the African Galleria in Oct. 2019 with other family members. We purchased ebony wood carvings for a great deal of money (5 figures) and paid for shipping to the U.S. We never received the goods because they were seized by customs officials in Amsterdam. We were never told that ebony wood is considered endangered by the CITES, and it is illegal to export. African Galleria will not refund my purchase because they do not believe the goods should have been seized. I argued that they should not have been sold to me. DHL, the shipper, sent me an agreement to refund my shipping cost and asked for my bank information to send the funds. I signed and returned the agreement with my banking information and received NOTHING. I think African Galleria and DHL may be colluding to withhold any refund. BUYER BEWARE.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 10 May 2020 via mobile

African Galleria has a huge selection of beautiful, diverse African art! Wonderfully helpful staff were there to help us choose the right piece and the location is perfect. Thanks for making our experience so fantastic!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 20 March 2020

There is such a diversity of things to choose from- really for all tastes and all pockets! And all noses,too- I find some of the other reviews here a bit snooty.
The people are genuinely kind and inviting and from my experience helpful when they engage with customers.I spend some time going through their collection and the museum-like part with original pieces from around the continent is quite tasteful!
Don t hesitate to hit the jewelry store, too- there was a guy dressed in white I can t recall the name of- Nish, I think- he was super helpful!

Date of experience: March 2020