Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
DullahWildlife

The place is very good, my guest experience a lot in this gallery that was unexpected to them, and... read more

Reviewed 21 April 2021
Dullah_Wildlifetz
Arusha, Tanzania
via mobile
Incredibly Expansive Selection

This store has an incredibly expansive selection of art (including local from local and on-site... read more

Reviewed 5 May 2021
americanlimey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All reviews huge selection african art ngorongoro crater high end en route family and friends buy things back home souvenir shop tanzanite gallery shopping quality bargain piece price items
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2020

I visited the African Galleria in Oct. 2019 with other family members. We purchased ebony wood carvings for a great deal of money (5 figures) and paid for shipping to the U.S. We never received the goods because they were seized by customs officials in Amsterdam. We were never told that ebony wood is considered endangered by the CITES, and it is illegal to export. African Galleria will not refund my purchase because they do not believe the goods should have been seized. I argued that they should not have been sold to me. DHL, the shipper, sent me an agreement to refund my shipping cost and asked for my bank information to send the funds. I signed and returned the agreement with my banking information and received NOTHING. I think African Galleria and DHL may be colluding to withhold any refund. BUYER BEWARE.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 10 May 2020 via mobile

African Galleria has a huge selection of beautiful, diverse African art! Wonderfully helpful staff were there to help us choose the right piece and the location is perfect. Thanks for making our experience so fantastic!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 20 March 2020

There is such a diversity of things to choose from- really for all tastes and all pockets! And all noses,too- I find some of the other reviews here a bit snooty.
The people are genuinely kind and inviting and from my experience helpful when they engage with customers.I spend some time going through their collection and the museum-like part with original pieces from around the continent is quite tasteful!
Don t hesitate to hit the jewelry store, too- there was a guy dressed in white I can t recall the name of- Nish, I think- he was super helpful!

Date of experience: March 2020
1  Thank Florian55555555
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

A plastic card of authenticity was given. My hope is that the owner indeed was honest of quality. The picture does not do it justice. Loved going to shop so much to see . Maybe I’ll be back after my safari in the crater today. I read a few bad reviews about Tanzanite quality and wasI a bit concerned but for know I’ll enjoy my ring.

My husband bought a Maasai tribe carved piece with mother & children so pretty paid
$240. Pricey items but we love them.

Kensington Safari guide took us there. I might have him stop in a Maasai tribe village for more souvenirs

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

We were recommended this huge shop by some friends. It is by far the best place to shop if you hate haggling. Things are a good price and it s easy . We went here on our way from Lake Manyara to The Serengeti. Allow yourself at least half an hour! I would have loved more time!

Date of experience: February 2020