Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Be ready to bargain... and bargain hard!

If you are looking for a trinket, or a (supposed) museum piece, or anything in between, you... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Brent H
Oakville, Canada
Huge

This place was really large and packed with all kinds of African art. It was almost overwhelming... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
notwitter
Houston, Texas
via mobile

All reviews huge selection african art t shirts price range en route fair price cultural heritage household items great food bathroom break art pieces extra suitcase bought several boxed lunch high end serengeti national park street vendors
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This is a place that the drivers bring their passengers to. Can it be a tourist trap, yes, but doesn’t have to be. Has lots of souvenirs and gems that you might not find anywhere else. Just know what you are shopping for, do your homework, have limits on what you will spend. If you are shopping for Tanzanite, do your research before arriving. Understand the basics of gem grading and what prices you won’t accept.

Date of experience: September 2018
J W, Marketing at African Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear GoesBoom,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your advice for future visitors.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

First of all, everyone travels on different budgets and with different itineraries, so don't be intimidated when you walk by the large art pieces that are worth thousands of dollars (unless that is what you're there for haha). There are items ranging from $5 and up, and with a very professional encounter from staff members (no hassling), you can walk around and check out every corner of this awesome store, take your time and find the perfect items to take home.

Also...AHHHHH African Galleria has some of the best food in town. The pizzas, the salads, the garlic bread and the samosas were all amazing!!! Affordable and great atmosphere.

Dear Stormin Norman D,

Thank you so much for leaving us a 5 star review!! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed shopping, wandering the gallery and eating at our restaurant :) We hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I used my credit card for a purchase under $50 USD. At the time, I made sure the charge on bill was correct before signing.
They wrapped the gifts for travel and stated the receipt was wrapped with the gifts to keep purchase together.
Three days later and no longer in Tanzania, my credit card statement showed a charge for 200.00. USD.
I unwrapped my purchases to view receipt
and discovered NO RECEIPT leaving me without proof of correct amount.

If you decide to purchase at this establishment ... use CASH !!

Date of experience: August 2018

Dear Getaway741370,

We apologize for any mistake that may have occurred. Can you please email us at africangalleria@live.com with the details so we may try to correct any mistake.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Went shopping there last week while on a safari and thought it was a very beautiful shop, but definitely overpriced. The staff was very friendly, but the drivers take you there since they get a kickback.

1  Thank SteveFEAT8848
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My tour guide/driver took me to this place for a bathroom break and I ended up buying stuff. A nice lady showed me around and helped me find what I wanted. I often bargain with her since I know you can do that. She was most helpful to show me the wooden animals, t-shirts and paintings. I asked her to lower the price or else I won't purchase it. She did, so I'm pleased.

Date of experience: August 2018