“Very expensive for what it is”

Dinosaurierpark Teufelsschlucht
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Ernzen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A journey through time! The tour through dinosaur park spans a period of 620 million years. 150 true-to-life replicas of prehistoric animals and even creatures of the future bring Earth's history to life. In the main focus: T-Rex, Diplodocus and Co. - the dinosaurs of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. The Explorer Camp offers hands-on activities for the whole family. Tip: The free audio guide in four languages for smartphones.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I took my 2 young children for a visit here. It is very expensive for just some model dinosaurs and a few play areas.

The park is informative, and has the dinosaur info in English which was very helpful for us. It is nice to walk round in the shade on a sunny day, and great that dogs are welcome. There is a cafe which was reasonable, and picnic areas. The play areas are nice but they have very little play equipment. There is a gift shop with the usual stuff at the usual prices. There are plenty of toilets around but they smell really bad.

Unfortunately my children started to get bored before we were even half way round. There are only so many static model dinosaurs a child can look at before getting fed up. It’s a shame but I think it is a little dated in an age where everything seems to be interactive. The dinosaur models also look dated, and there are many that the children can’t touch. Near the end there is the option to pay to do some crafting, painting dinosaur models and the like. As the park is very expensive anyway I felt that this should have been included in the entry price.

Overall the park is lovely, but purely based on the price (an extortionate €42 for 2 adults and 2 children) I cannot recommend the park as it does not offer good value for money. Sadly, although this would be a lovely place to visit in the summer with a picnic we will not return due to the cost involved. It is pure greed. If they lowered the price to around €6 each I imagine they would get a lot more returning customers.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We have visited this park several times in the past few years. While the park does not offer and interactive show and the model dinosaurs are static, the exposition has been changing so there usually is something new to discover and learn. They have a small souvenir shop too.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Went here as a family and with our dog. Free poop bags available from the reception and the dog enjoyed the walk through the woods looking at the dinos as much as we did, although he growled at the models of the woolly mammoth! We bought a picnic, plenty of places to sit in the shade and very good level of cleanliness in the park. Lots of activities for the children, and a good choice on a hot day as the majority of the walk round is in the shade.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Dinosaurs bit is a great fun. We loved to take pictures and make poses next to them. This park is huge although you will get map on the entry as there are quite few different routes to go to. Animals bit is interesting, you could feed them and touch them especially deers. There are few rides for kids, places to eat and souvenir shop. We weren't so lucky as it is started to rain, but still we did took few photos and my little girls (6) loved this place. I am sure it is much better to visit in the summer as there are plenty of outdoor activities and bouncy castles for kids during warm season.

Elke W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Dinosaurierpark Teufelsschlucht, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Julia,

it seems you choose the wrong Trip Advisor entry for your commentary. Your photographs do not show Dinosaurierpark Teufelsschlucht, but another park (I don't know which one). We don't have deer or other living animals and our park is closed until April, 8th. Best wishes, Elke Wagner