“Great Pizza & Craft Beer Selection”

Tanglewood Pizza Company
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 16
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Had dinner here on a recent Saturday Night, the Appetizer and pizza were very good. The Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Appetizer was delicious and The Farmer Pizza, (Vegetarian) was as well. Had a good craft beer selection and a very nice outdoor seating area. The Pizza was one of the best vegetarian I had anywhere.

Tanglewood Pizz... C, Manager at Tanglewood Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear dstew,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your food and experience here at TPC. Thank you for taking the time to make this review and I hope you come back to see us soon!

Kyle

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The service was excellent. The Pizza was great. Good beer selection. I highly recommend this place. It a little hard to find, since tucked back off 158 and you turn into a store lot and work your way to it.

Tanglewood Pizz... C, Manager at Tanglewood Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear William,

Hello sir, my name is Kyle and I serve as Front of House Manager. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at TPC. Please come and see us again soon!

Kyle.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stick with fast food because this place will be a BIG disappointment. Po Boy fried oyster sandwich with no sides, not even a pickle. I've had. better frozen pizza . Burnt crust around the edges and doughy on the bottom. Granddaughter had sides of mac and cheese, fries and orange un-ripe watermelon at $4.50 per side. Pitiful experience for $39. I consider it theft and fraud. They implied the place was a restaurant. We relied on their representation which turned out to be largely false and they took $39 from us. Never again.

Tanglewood Pizz... C, General Manager at Tanglewood Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello DannyJoG,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write your review. However, I am greatly sorry to hear that your experience was incredibly subpar. Your Oyster Po Boy should have had a side with it, plain and simple. It appears that your server did not offer you one. Out of curiosity, did you address the absence of a side or the quality of the pizza with your server or a manager? We are in the process of modifying our dough to a truer Italian Neapolitan dough, in addition to training some new pizza cooks. It is quite obvious that we missed the mark on your meal. We want our customers to leave happy and will do what we have to make sure that we obtain that. Should you reconsider and choose to come back to TPC in the future, please seek me out personally, or Chef Antawn, so that we can be assured that your experience is the complete opposite from last time's.

Zach George
General Manager, TPC

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Other than being in a good location with a nice interior, I found nothing about my experience that makes me want to go back.

First, I did not find the pizza to be good at all. I had the TPC pizza which is supposed to have sausage, pepperoni, and other goodies. The actual pizza was mostly a little cheese on a little tomato base, with microscopic pieces of sausage and some veggies, which were almost ground to a state that they were unidentifiable. I NEVER DID find any pepperoni. It had so much oregano (which I don't even like) on it that it completely overwhelmed the taste. Oregano is all I tasted. Absurd. The theme of leaving off valuable parts carried over to my friend's salad. It had no bacon or blue cheese, which had to be supplied in cups after she complained. Her "wedge" of lettuce salad was romaine - you cannot even make that into a wedge. Apparently they were out of regular lettuce. The sausage. which appeared very sparingly, was delicious. If only they had put some on my pizza. For the prices charged, the pizzas should be LOADED with toppings. I would have been just as happy with a frozen pizza from the grocery store; maybe more especially since it does not cost $13.

I can get MUCH better pizza for half the price at many locations in Clemmons and W-S.

Speaking of price, the menu here is egregiously overpriced. My 12" pizza was $13 or so. Two pizzas and two beers with tip was $42.

Waitress was friendly and attentive, I will say that.

I find the pizza size a bit odd too. One is not enough for two and is too much for one. So a couple has to order two unless they want to leave hungry. Two pizzas are over $25 and about equal a 17" pizza at Mellow Mushroom, another overpriced eatery.

Their order process involves tablets or some such, which we were told were broken when we sat down. The "manual" orders did arrive without too much delay.

One and done for me. Fooled me once, will not again.

Tanglewood Pizz... C, Manager at Tanglewood Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Littlera,

My name is Kyle and I serve as the front of house manager at TPC. I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience here at our restaurant. There are a few parts of your review that I would like to address: Did you communicate your displeasure with your server? These problems could have been resolved while you were here by you asking her to speak to a manager. Also, while you can get frozen pizzas and pizzas elsewhere for cheaper, one difference that separates 'us from them' is that we use all top of the line ingredients from local/reputable suppliers. Most of our competitors cannot faithfully say that. Lastly, regarding the oregano, we do not use oregano in any of our pizzas, unless it is requested by the customer.

Kyle

Reviewed 27 August 2017

It was a Friday night and there weren't many people there but it was still very noisy. They offer a very good beer selection and the bartender really knew his beer and kept letting me have small samples before I chose the one I wanted. I picked the Bed of Nails...an English brown ale and it was awesome.

My side salad with balsamic dressing was good. Since they had a wood fired oven I decided to get a pizza (usually brick fired are very good). They only offer a medium size pizza with thin crust but have many different topping. You can build your own pizza or go with one of their specialty pizzas.

The edges of the pizza crust were toasted but the underside of the pizza was very underdone. The toppings didn't have much taste either. I would go back because the people were so nice but I would never order another pizza.

Dear Cheryl,

My name is Kyle and I serve as front of house manager here at Tanglewood Pizza Company. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at TPC. I apologize that you were unhappy with your food. I will let the kitchen staff know about this review and consider ways to fix this issue. Next time you chose to dine with us please tell your server that you would like to speak with either, Zach (Our GM) or myself.

Kyle Watts