Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Permaculture in action!

What a great opportunity to be lead by Maria, one of the founders of the Kul Kul Farm on an... read more

Reviewed 28 September 2019
Aussie_Weekender
Melbourne, Australia
A bliss of inspiration !

Being trained as a Permaculture Designer and had visited some PC Farms in Portugal, I may tell this... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2018

from $59.49
from $38.00
from $40.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I took the 2 week course on Permaculture Design in September 2018. The course was surprisingly very full-on and jam packed with informations on farming / plants / water / business/ economy. It was very over-whelming but it was super enganging.

Staying on the farm was an eye-opener. The hosts - Orin and Maria , are very warm and welcoming! Im very thankful that they opened up their small paradise to us . Our instructor was Chris Shanks of Project Bonafide - he is a wealth of knowledge and the information was broken down so that it was easy to understand. And there were lots of Q&A time too!

The 2 weeks passed by very quickly and i learnt so so much! Very encouraged to start my own permaculture journey :)

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

A few months ago, I booked myself onto a 2 week permaculture design course at Kul Kul Farm hoping to learn about closed loop regenerative agriculture in an attempt to join the community of people who want to make the world a better place. Now fast forward to today, which is a day after I finished the course. I have spent 2 of the most incredible weeks of my life at the farm in the company of 19 other students from 15 different countries all wanting to learn about permaculture. Our days were jam packed with lectures, hands-on farming activities, fitness and yoga classes, swimming sessions in the natural spring pool, farm-to-table meals, movie nights and so much more. Maria and Orin, the hosts and owners of the farm, have turned a unkept piece of land into a thriving farm with bio-intensive gardens, food forests, animal husbandry and nursery. We learned so, so much in such little time...from how to grow oyster mushrooms, to composting, to home apothecary, to grafting, to harvesting seeds, to building with natural materials etc. The experience was one big explosion of passion, colour, knowledge, reconnecting with nature and with the community. We came as strangers but left with so much more than just some course notes. A course (or even a visit) is probably one of the better life choices you can make. So grateful I was able to do it!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Marialine V
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I Would like to go to kul kul farm,but would rather there was transport to pick you up from your hotel.maybe its something to look at.
Bonus points for quick replies to my emails re workshop.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have had the pleasure of doing the 14 day Permaculture Design Course and it was the best decision I have ever made. Kul Kul farm is a serene abundance of permaculture and is so welcoming to people new to learning this way. The food is divine, the people are so friendly and caring and Orin and Maria are passionate, big hearted souls making a subtle yet powerful difference on this planet by having this educational space on the farm! Very grateful to know I can come visit often! Thank you Kul Kul Farm!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I joined a permaculture course here at Kul Kul farm because it was being run by Milkwood (Check them out). I knew nothing about the farm prior to this but was well impressed. The course was really inspirational, 20 positive people from all other the world came together because they want to make a change in their lives for the better. Maria and Orin are the owners of the farm and they played a huge part in the success of the course. Nearly every day we had a practical session led by Orin, and he was a wealth of knowledge and very honest with his suggestions and warning us about his mistakes. The two of them were perfect, fun hosts and truly welcomed us into their lives.
The food was incredible, everything real and mostly fresh from their garden or somewhere nearby. The three cooks did an amazing job; breakfast lunch and dinner with snacks in between, and not once did I - a Coeliac (gluten free), have to even worry about my food choices (as everything was GF except a sourdough bread option in the mornings).
The accomodation was fantastic too, amazing bamboo yurts. A friend and I were lucky to get one of the ones on the stilts, even better.
I really enjoyed staying at the farm and it was difficult to go back to the hustle and bustle of Ubud after two weeks of peace and learning.

Date of experience: June 2018