All reviews hood canal road noise rv park common room lucky dog oysters olympic peninsula king bed otters balcony rvers motel groupon tv amenities microwave
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We've been here many times. The view and area is the draw. Whether it is from the 16 RV sites or the hotel rooms or cabins, they all have a view of the canal.

This time we saw two Eagles, Otters, Heard a Seal and various birds and ducks, all right in front of our RV. We watched them sitting outside by the fire or in the captain chairs in the front of our RV with our binoculars. We really enjoy this location.

$54 a night for site #7. It is tight with a vehicle, which we had to park up at the lodge. We believe at some point, one of our tow pins was stolen, but we were lucky. Someone there had an extra pin and gave it to us; Nice! It's the first time we have been unable to park our vehicle next to the RV. I guess the lesson is to remove the pin(s) from now on.

Anyway, service was friendly and helpful. You can have both propane and wood fires. More things to rent and do during the summer months.

There is a fair amount of noise from the highway, which is close, but it didn't affect our sleep. Not sure about the people at the very top next to the freeway.

The free WiFi worked very well.

Lots of hiking and off-road opportunities in the area. Boating, kayaking in the summer are rented at as well as close by the resort.

It's been voted one of the top 5 in WA State. Go there are you will quickly see why.

Room Tip: Sites 6 through 14 are right in front of the water
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akittynamedtabitha
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We came by a week earlier, and the enthused host Jim gave us a great tour. But the location and view sold itself; it's a well-managed property which has good options for RVers, or those in need of a cabin or motel room within a stone's throw of water (or the somewhat audible Highway 101). We're picky about where we stay, and plan to go back...so shhh, don't share this secret place.

Room Tip: RVer's will have less noise from the highway than hotel guests, but it did't bother us.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

One of our favorite rv get-a-way spots! Most RV spots are water view of the Hood Canal and location is close by to Hoodsport, including Hoosdsport Winery, a grocery store, distillery, a few restaurants and water activities. No dogs allowed on the beach, since it is an oyster beach.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelli R
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We arrived in the dark and woke up to a wonderful view of the water. It was literally in front of our trailer. I took a few steps down to the beach and it was low tide. There were oysters everywhere. My only regret of the weekend was that I did not buy a shellfish license. The resort had beautiful roses and flowers around it. The restrooms were spotless and included towels. There was a nice community room with a tv and movies, along with coffee and a coffee maker. .I will definitely come back here again for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: Rv sites by the water are fabulous!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I bought 2 nights at this resort thru Groupon and chose a 2 bedroom cabin. It was a little modular home that has seen its fair share of guests, but is kept up well and pretty clean. The view of hood canal was beautiful but you are literally on the highway. The bedroom is on the road side and whenever a semi goes by it shakes the place. I put some ear plugs in and was fine. It was very basic but had everything we needed. There is a neat bbq and oyster shucking area. We bought a oyster shucker from the office since we couldn't find a better one or better deal at any local stores and had ourselves some amazing fresh oysters on the beach each night. We bought cocktail sauce and lime to make them extra yummy. During our days we visited local shops and got some great coffee, ice cream, wine and booze. We also drove about 40 miles to a lake and spent some time fishing and playing. We went to Lucky Dog casino and weren't very lucky. We bought the prime rib dinner which I'll recommend going without. Overall the stay was nice, but when I saw the resort down the road I kicked myself for not checking other places out. It looked a little more upscale and to my liking but I was fine with what we got.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple