All reviewshood canalbedroom cabinrv parkoysterslucky dogking bedottersrversnoisemotelplugsmicrowavefreeway
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We came by a week earlier, and the enthused host Jim gave us a great tour. But the location and view sold itself; it's a well-managed property which has good options for RVers, or those in need of a cabin or motel room within a stone's throw of water (or the somewhat audible Highway 101). We're picky about where we stay, and plan to go back...so shhh, don't share this secret place.

Room Tip: RVer's will have less noise from the highway than hotel guests, but it did't bother us.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

One of our favorite rv get-a-way spots! Most RV spots are water view of the Hood Canal and location is close by to Hoodsport, including Hoosdsport Winery, a grocery store, distillery, a few restaurants and water activities. No dogs allowed on the beach, since it is an oyster beach.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelli R
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We arrived in the dark and woke up to a wonderful view of the water. It was literally in front of our trailer. I took a few steps down to the beach and it was low tide. There were oysters everywhere. My only regret of the weekend was that I did not buy a shellfish license. The resort had beautiful roses and flowers around it. The restrooms were spotless and included towels. There was a nice community room with a tv and movies, along with coffee and a coffee maker. .I will definitely come back here again for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: Rv sites by the water are fabulous!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I bought 2 nights at this resort thru Groupon and chose a 2 bedroom cabin. It was a little modular home that has seen its fair share of guests, but is kept up well and pretty clean. The view of hood canal was beautiful but you are literally on the highway. The bedroom is on the road side and whenever a semi goes by it shakes the place. I put some ear plugs in and was fine. It was very basic but had everything we needed. There is a neat bbq and oyster shucking area. We bought a oyster shucker from the office since we couldn't find a better one or better deal at any local stores and had ourselves some amazing fresh oysters on the beach each night. We bought cocktail sauce and lime to make them extra yummy. During our days we visited local shops and got some great coffee, ice cream, wine and booze. We also drove about 40 miles to a lake and spent some time fishing and playing. We went to Lucky Dog casino and weren't very lucky. We bought the prime rib dinner which I'll recommend going without. Overall the stay was nice, but when I saw the resort down the road I kicked myself for not checking other places out. It looked a little more upscale and to my liking but I was fine with what we got.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Stayed in a 1-bedroom cabin which was quite cozy - small but comfy! All utensils were included in the fully equipped kitchen. Nice view out the front windows/side deck....unless there are RV's present - which means that your view of Hood Canal will be partially blocked. Plus, you will look right into their campsite. We were lucky enough to have the place to ourselves and the views were wonderful.

Be prepared for lots of road noise since the highway is right outside your bedroom. Nothing major but if you are a light sleeper, this may bother you.

Cabin is best for a couple - no kids as the space is pretty limited. Plus, it only has a 20-gallon hot water heater, so no such thing as a bath or long hot showers.

Cable TV and a DVD player were provided (loaner movies available in Community Room) along with FREE WiFi. There is also a couple of firepits close to the water for a nice place for S'mors!

Hosts/staff were incredibly nice and helpful. (Thank you Kathy & Bob)

Room Tip: Cabin #42 is situated right next to a nice creek (right outside front door) which sometimes has spawning salmon!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple