See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2012

There is nothing better than a B&B over a pub. Super friendly proprietors and regular patrons who made us feel right at home. Dinner and breakfast were very good. Local pool pros provided good entertainment, even though they let me win a couple games. Rooms were well appointed and good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alml2011
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stayed at the Trevelyan Arms for 2 nights, nice en-suite room, clean light and fresh. I enjoyed a very hearty breakfast and have no complaints. I recommend a pint of Tribute from the bar. I would stay again, reasonable price, friendly owners, nice local pub.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have stayed here regularly because the food is excellent value with restaurant quality at pub prices. It can be lively at times, but hey it's a pub! Best breakfasts in the country! Clean and tidy rooms - what more needs to be said. Near amenities and within walking distance os beautiful beache. Cornwall here I come.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We visit the Penzance area of Cornwall every year and return each year to the Trevelyan Arms as it's a good location for exploring the area. My husband and I have stayed in both the twin and double room. Both are lovely and light with good facilities, sink, shower, toilet (in double) tv, clock radio, fridge, hairdryer, books, tea and coffee making facitilites.. all the usual you would expect from a small B&B. We have found it to always be clean and comfortable - memory foam mattress toppers on all the beds and lovely big blankets!
There is a pub downstairs which is great for dinner and drinks in the evening - good selection of real ale and food including extensive veggie options (we are both veggie and never have a problem choosing)! There is some noise from the pub in the evening but I have never had a problem with that - it's what you expect if you book a room above a pub! The owners are very friendly, we will always come back here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have stayed here several times over the last few years as I have family in the area and when I visit I always try and book back in to The Trevelyan Arms. It is very reasonably priced so don't expect 4* extras like complimentary toiletries. What you do get is a clean room with nice bedding, a TV and a fridge. I've stayed in the double which is Ensuite, but I've also stayed in the Twin, where the Toilet is down a couple of a steps, but you have a shower and sink in the room so thats fine. The owners have always been helpful, breakfast is good and I have eaten dinner here too and found the menu has a good selection of pub food plus a few specials. My favourite is the owners "famous" home made chips! If you are looking for a good basic b and b with the added bonus of having a pub downstairs, I think this is a good bet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple