other travellers have booked this property
Sleepy Hollow lounge with views to river Sleepy Hollow double bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sleepy Hollow cottage from across the river
Sleepy Hollow lounge with views to river
Sleepy Hollow double bedroom
Sleepy Kitchen
Sleepy Hollow lounge
Sleepy Hollow bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Curious17...
“Comfortable, clean and cosy with great staff on hand”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is a very well furnished, comfortable cottage. It was clean and cosy. The surrounding area was very well maintained and the staff at the reception office could not have been more friendly, kind, efficient or helpful.
The river taxi that takes people right into the middle of Stratford (and costs only £2 per person) leaves from a spot a few yards away and at that point there's a restaurant serving meals most of the day. The reason these facilities are so close could be a drawback for some as the cottage is nowhere as isolated as the photograph suggests.
Right away I must say that, though my heart sank when I saw the situation, we did not have any problem at all with any of the neighbours. However I do think it reasonable to point out that Sleepy Hollow cottage shares a field with two other cottages and a collection of small units (cross between tents and sheds as far as I could see); and right alongside "our" cottage was a large caravan park.
The other point I should make is that the cottage is small. It does indeed have 4 beds and would make a great centre for those wishing to be out exploring the wonderfully interesting area, but I wouldn't like to have to spend much time inside if there were 4 adults there - 2 adults and 2 teenagers would be even more of a problem! (There were only 2 of us so we found it absolutely perfect for our needs when inside.)
I hesitate to mention the problem we did have as it may not bother others, but it seems unfair not to warn that there is a very busy road just across the river so that, on the days when the weather was warm enough and we took books out to read and relax on the decking overlooking the river (and watch the bird life), there was the background noise of constant traffic. Staff said they were so used to it and hardly noticed it so it just depends upon how much noise you normally live with. A pair of noise-cancelling earphones would have solved the problem - if only we'd known in advance.
I should explain that I needed a respite from being a full-time carer and the booking had to be made very quickly. I'm sure I could have found out the pros and cons if there'd been time to research the venue more thoroughly. Considering how much I needed that break, I was pleased to have found the cottage free at a convenient time and it suited me and my son very well. When it was time to leave, we did not want to go!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
peterflan...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“poor fishing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

nice cottage, clean, all items that we needed, private fishing in front of cottage but the bank in very poor condition and needs quick attention to make it safe , part of the concrete bank had collapsed and talking staff it had been like it for a long time ,a nice setting and cottage if you don't fish .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cottage setting
Liked least: the poor state of the river bank in front of cottage
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing