Ways to Experience Et Cetera Winery
from US$ 182.95
More Info
from US$ 1,760.41
More Info
All reviews the owner winery moldova wines rooms restaurant hands wife nature guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

What a great place for a getaway! Despite just being an absolutely gorgeous spot, it has everything you need to have a great time! Owner of the winery is a very nice and caring gentleman that takes great care of his guests, he will show you around and will ensure you get everything you need! Very special attitude here and you just don’t want to leave! Food, service and of course wine is top notch! Thank you for having us and we are counting days to be back! But note that is higly recommened to book a room or restaurant in advance!

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

If you don’t have a reservation, don’t even try to go there. They will smile at you and say “sorry, but we can’t help you”.
If you would’ve answered the phone when I called, you could’ve probably.
The place had a few people I could count with my hand’s fingers around 3PM when we got there.
I asked if we could at least see around the winery, but you probably know the answer. Was a smiling NO again.
Oh well, from what I saw, we didn’t miss much. I guess she knew if we saw the place, would’ve been a 100% no come back from us.
It is anyways!!

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 25 July 2020

We had booked the hotel room and dinner in advance; despite this planning, we had to wait to be seated for some time for our meal; further, they were out of many items of the already very limited menu. Service was terrible, down to dirty silverware. When inquiring about the differences between wines - the female server indignantly responded, "The Price"--showing an absence of knowledge about the vineyard. Our hotel room was in need of repair, having a moisture problem. At breakfast, within the stated timeframe, we asked for eggs and were told, "No, no, no." When we raised all of our concerns at checkout, instead of apologizing, the staff escalated the situation and in the end we were told "Just pay and leave!" by the same ignorant woman from breakfast and dinner the night prior. Worst of all, we informed the owner who at that point had the opportunity to make things right; unfortunately, he had the same miserable attitude as the ignorant staff he hired. Unbelievable.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2020 via mobile

1. Kitchen is good but portions are extremely small for the prices you see in the menu

2. Nature around is beautiful, indeed. You can eat raspberries directly from the bushes or just lie on the grass. If you stay out until the dark, moskitos will literally bite you. But I guess that’s part of the concept :)

3. Rooms - no possibility to open any window, there’s no balcony either. There’s no way you can dry even a swimming suit. Not to mention the bad smell in the room if you choose to switch off air conditioning, for example. No trash bin in the room! I found a small one in the bathroom but I had to open it with my hands!!! Showering after the swimming pool was a disaster as well- water pressure was so poor that I could hardly wash off the shampoo...

4. Swimming pool- it is big, clean, no umbrellas or trees around... I enjoyed it anyways until I had to follow my two year old son who decided to just sit behind some glamorous ladies that needed to take pictures near the swimming pool. They were nervously waiting for him to leave the area and were hoping I could just ‘remove’ him from that place. I gently asked my son to leave but he was very determined to stay, when one of the ladies just cursed... and I was shocked . I tried to tell her that me, her and my son have equal rights to stay wherever the hell we like around this swimming pool but she said the kid was uneducated)) haha
All this happening in front of the owner’s wife, who had no minimal reaction to this shameful situation.

Well , guys, I know you quote yourself as the best in Moldova, especially in times when citizens cannot go abroad and have a decent vacation. But keep in mind - you have no culture, or class, or anything else you pretend to be.

Date of experience: July 2020
2  Thank tatianas789
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Have been trying to visit et cetera for a couple of times, the first attempts failed because I was calling one or two days in advance and the typical answer was: "sorry, we're full", thus, decided to plan it in advance this time and get two hotel rooms to fully enjoy the wine tasting and relax for the weekend. Called the representative and asked for the next available spot - all was good - booked for November 3rd, which was about 3-4 weeks away. I have asked the lady if there are any reservation fees and if I should call to confirm couple of days in advance - was told that we should just be there on the agreed date at the winery and pay at the counter.

If you're from Moldova, you'd probably know how serious some organization are and given that the location is about 120km from Chisinau, I decided to give them a call two days prior the booking to confirm! Guess what? - "Surprisingly" the answer was that there is no reservation on my name, and the two rooms I booked are on a different name. I have explained all the situation and that I planned this thoroughly in advance given that it's a family event and I now have to find a way out of this situation, and the answer was: "sorry, we can't do anything, it's the human factor, what do you expect us to do? I already said I'm sorry, we can propose you to visit without the housing..." of course, the further negotiations didn't work out.

Too bad, it's your loss et cetera ;)

Date of experience: November 2018