3,696 results
All reviews our honeymoon all inclusive package the resort manager beach villa south ari atoll water sports towel art whale sharks kids club sea plane japanese restaurant special thanks restaurants and bars a la carte restaurants east restaurant bubble bath fish
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed at the Lux* for a week to celebrate my wife's birthday and were blown away by how amazing everything was. From the moment we arrived on our seaplane, all of the staff were so helpful and genuinely cared about how we were enjoying our vacation. Our room was amazing, the resort was fabulously maintained and all of the amenities were awesome. We went hoping that this would be our "trip of a lifetime" and it exceeded our expectations so much that we want to go back! A special shout out to Samir, who took amazing care of us during the week, and the chefs at Umami who let our son make sushi and cook his own dinner. Overall, this is an incredible place and I would highly recommend it to anyone (couples or families).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim P
LSA_GM, General Manager at LUX South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Jim,

Thank you for choosing LUX* giving the opportunity of helping you celebrate the birthday and family holiday on our island. I am glad you had a wonderful time and appreciate you shared the feedback with other travelers online. On behalf of the team, I hope we will hear from you again very soon and look forward to welcoming you back for many more holiday celebrations in the future.

Wish you a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I spent a week with my wife and my 2 kids in this resort. This is my 4th times at Maldives and this was another spectacular place.

The staff is careful and there is a big attention to all the details.We were in a beach villa that was really fantastic: stylish, clean (no bugs, no gecos...) and very cozy. Every evening the hotel staff made a treatment against bugs, so we were able to spend time in the patio after the sun-set, having in-villa dinners etc withoutmosquito protection and without smeshing bugs!
The beaches around the island were phenomenal, exactly what you expect at Maldives.

The food and the cuisine was the best ever at maldives: almost everything was home-made and packed in single portions: yogurt, fruit jams, smoothys... The quality of raw materials was incredibly high. And for an Italian like me, enjoying a good cappuccino every morning was priceless. Well, talking about prices (we had a bed and breakfast package), the restaurants were really expensive, but I would say no more than the average for 5 stars resorts at Maldives. And they were really elegant and stylish!

The diving center was excellent, thanks to Mauro and Elodie for taking good care of me and my kids!
If I should find a negative spot, maybe the lack of a nice house reef, that can be an issue for people who do not dive. But the beaty of the island, the colors of the sea side around and the amazing beaches compensate that.

Finally, the resort is well equipped to host kids, in fact there were many families with kids, however if you are a couple you barely realize that there were many kids. The island is long and you can walk around on the beach for minutes without meeting anybody.

Last, thanks to Saajy, who was very nice and friendly at Beach Rouge.

Room Tip: All the beach villas have an amazing view on the beach/ocean. West side villas enjoy a larger beach, the East ones have an amazing lagoon.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank emanuele c

Dear Emanuele,

Greetings from the sunny Maldives !

Saajy, Mauro, Elodie and everyone on the island appreciate the wonderful feedback you have posted and shared with others around the world. We are glad to hear you had a great time and every family member had enjoyed each moment on the island during the stay. With this experience, I hope LUX* will have the opportunity to be considered as your family holiday destination for your 5th visit to the Maldives, and if there is anything we could assist in the coming days, please do contact us and let us know how we could be at your service.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a Warm greetings upon arrival and early check in.
The romantic pool water villa was truly amazing with all the details!
Clean beach, 2 large pools, verity of restaurants and they are so delicious as well! And not to forget cafe lux the locally roasted coffee and ICI the homemade ice cream shop!
U will find lovely hammocks, swings and love nests to relax all over the island.
Amazing spa with all the products available for sale.
Live music and Dj.
Room service is yummy but takes a lot of time.
The marine biology center and water sport center provide some similar trips with everyone saying that they are better so i didn’t know which center to go with!
Not all staff aware of everything but they are welcoming to ask and help.

Amazing details that u will fall in love with! Highly recommended !

Maha
Saudi Arabia

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mahaaaaaa91

Dear Maha,

Thank you very much for posting the review and giving your recommendations to other travelers who are planning to coming to the Maldives for holidays. I am glad to see you had a great time and found your ways of enjoying the days on the island. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything LUX* team could provide assistance in the future. We are always available and ready to help you celebrate life anytime !

Have a lovely weekend.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

From arrival and greetings by the GM, Mr Mamoun and staff , still one of the finest service levels in 5 star hotels. A suggestion if you travel in a busy period like Easter then try to book your evening meals in advance through the celebration desk. We were booked into the new Water Villas that had been renovated, so it was great to see the changes, best been the 3 areas with glass bottom panels on floor so you can see the marine life below, the life vests for those uncomfortable in the water, and the new Restaurants and bars on the island. Lux has a theme for families and it was simply amazing, they outdid themselves. Lux offers many different types of cuisines and I believe possibly has one of the most variant and most number of different restaurants, catering for all tastes. We then moved to the Romantic water villas as I prefer my own pool. Thank you for the surprise when we returned to our villa.
We enjoy the lux brand in Mauritius and Maldives, and know the service levels that lux maintains and the training that is required to maintain that exceptional service level.
We would like to compliment you and the lux team on the renovations, especially the new water villas, the beach rouge and the family oriented feel, you have certainly found the balance between a family and couples resort.
In particular we would like to mention Hussain at Mixe, Munnim at East Market and Hussey at beach rouge, Atish at reception and Siyan our housekeeper who always ensures our room is perfect. The 3 stewards at the 3 restaurants are excellent examples of guest service and take the time to explain Maldives and its communities, way of life and history, which I thought fantastic and they are excellent ambassadors of the lux brand.
I travel extensively and lux is right up their leading the field in service excellence.
In particular i think you excelled to another highest level with the Easter dinner and theme chocolate factory, of which I took a few pictures and will feature in my pictures.

Room Tip: Book your evening meals in advance at celebration desk if you want to eat at a booking restaurant in busy periods
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DennisRogers

Dear Dennis,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you back to the island. Thank you for supporting the team by sharing your feedback online, giving the recommendations to the travelers, and seeing you returning to the island is certainly the most reassuring motivation to all the team members on the island. I am really glad to hear that you had another wonderful stay with us and the team in every department and outlet had looked after you and your needs. Please do let us know if there is anything LUX* team could ever assist in the future as I believe we will be seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing place , very friendly and welcoming staff .. specially the resort manger mr.mamon special thanks to him, delicious restaurants (Japanese,Italian and international) , high privacy..
Definitely will recommend it to everyone
Dana

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dana A
LSA_GM, General Manager at LUX South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Dana,

Thank you for the message ! On behalf of Mamoun and the LUX* South Ari Atoll team, we appreciate the opportunity of having you with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.