1,434 results
All reviews bedroom villa our honeymoon fish marine life the general manager sunset cruise low tide outdoor shower huge bathroom ginger tea understated luxury sand bank scuba diving signature massage heaven on earth spa treatments other resorts
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We have just visited Cocoa Island for the 5th time and it was fabulous, as always. Special thanks to Benjamin, General Manager for making us feel so welcome. Also thanks to Nazeem, our butler for the week, and Dr Anand for the excellent yoga classes - I only missed one because I was too busy scuba diving! It was great to catch up with Niyaz of Ocean Paradise who is now running the dive centre at the Como Maldives resorts. Sonam, our massage therapist who was visiting from Como Bhutan gave us both great massages. There was nothing more that anyone could have done to make our stay more perfect. Thank you. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: The Como villas are very secluded.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear JP5_422,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to once more created a fabulous stay at COMO Cocoa Island. Five times is amazing and we are very delighted to have lived up to our commitment and once more created experiences worth re-living. Thank you for your kind words for Niyaz who really enjoyed seeing you after some time. We are very happy to have him on board.

We also are very proud to be able to offer team members from other COMO Hotels and Resorts the possibility to grow, to learn and to share their knowledge by creating cross exposure opportunists. Sonam from our team at the COMO Uma Paro in Bhutan is an excellent example.

Dear JP5_422, we do all look forward to your next visits, more diving and more yoga sessions are awaiting you.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 January 2018

My wife and I just returned home from our visit to Como Cocoa Island - something we don't recommend to anyone, as you'll never want to leave!!

Though there are many beautiful and luxurious properties in the Maldives, we will never explore another in the future. Cocoa holds a special and irreplaceable place in our hearts.

This experience is hospitality at its finest, and the Como team makes it seem easy.

The moment we landed in Male we were greeted by Como staff, ushered onto a Como boat just outside of the airport, and swept away to paradise - only a 40min speed boat ride away.

Benjamin, the GM, welcomed us personally, showed us the island and introduced us to the friendly staff. He also checked in with us daily - an incredibly warm touch that we greatly appreciated.

The island has everything we wanted - a small and intimate environment, but with a brilliant layout and immense personal space. Each day we carved out a couple of beach chairs and saw only 2 or 3 people throughout the entire day.

There happens to be a huge sandbar running off one side of the island, and we cherished our daily walks to the tip, splashing in the shallow lagoon and watching the beautiful wildlife.

The staff knows just when to be present for your every need, and when to be invisible and respect your privacy.

The team at Cocoa is just fantastic. We developed personal relationships with many lovely people who held huge and genuine smiles throughout our stay.

The accommodations were just wonderful, and they are incredibly well maintained. We often enjoyed dinner at our villa, as the setting was so wonderful.

The food was extraordinary. There was a huge selection of local and familiar foods, and a health driven Shambala menu which was fantastic. We ate our way through without encountering a single disappointing dish.

For those travelers looking for a remote corner of paradise, who are looking for peace and quiet and utter serenity, look no further than Como Cocoa. This place is an absolute gem!!

A thousand thank you's to the brilliant Como Cocoa family, as you all made for a one-of-a-kind experience.

ps - I didn't wear shoes here for 7 straight days! What's better than that!

2  Thank jshaw1085

Dear jshaw1085,

What an absolute amazing write-up to share your experience on COMO Cocoa Island over your recent stay.

It truly makes me proud and modest to read your praise for our team. Each and every one of the COMO family, at all times, take on their duty with the highest commitment and creates wonderful memories through passion, creativity and style. Living the COMO values! Paired with the natural beauty of our Island a stay on COMO Cocoa Island is an amazing unforgettable experience. Just as you described.

Dear jshaw1085, we do hope to welcome you and your wife back soon again. It would be our pleasure to once more welcome you as our guests - and once again you may leave the shoes stored away!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Stunning natural beauty, outstanding food and great healthy options as well, the best yoga, a beautiful reef, a great gym, intimate. The acommodation was excellent. The service in line. The staff were happy. There is nothing more to add. Outstanding.

Room Tip: all great.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear LevinLonon,

Thank you very much for staying with us on COMO Cocoa Island. Your review says it all and we surly are grateful you had such an outstanding time with us.

Looking forward to your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I have come to learn of the Como Hotel by staying at Como Treasury Perth around their opening. I decided then that it was the best hotel in Australia by far and a year later was indeed voted by Conde Nast as indeed the very best in Australia. Some years ago I had been recommended to come to Cocoa Island by a very good friend and here we are in 2018.

This is a beautiful resort with a team that across the board go out of their way to deliver a first class service at a beautiful and private “get away”.. There are only 33 “rooms” and therefore a maximum of 66”ish guests. The room we have has every amenity including two sets of steps from the waters to either your lounge or bathroom and the rooms are get away bolt holes..

As per an earlier review - the food... Top class and the team that watch, present and delight in explaining each dish.. Wine list is perfect. Setting is perfect.

Not much more can be said really!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loveaholiday101
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear loveaholiday101,

Thank you very much having taken your valuable time to share your recent experiences made whilst staying with us on COMO Cocoa Island.

We are proud to have delivered a "first class " service - each and every time we try to make a meaningful difference and inspire our guest to travel and live differently. Truly happy you had such an enjoyable time with us.

We all look very much forward to your next visit to us, to our beautiful property in Perth or elsewhere around the world were you can find a COMO Hotel and Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if we can be of any assistance.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I just spent a glorious week at COMO Cocoa Island in the Maldives! This was meant to be the trip of a lifetime for me, and it was every bit that and more. During my time there, I often thought that the outstanding water, views, sand bank, and atmosphere are what I envision when I think of what heaven should look like. First, the island itself is like a perfectly tiny piece of paradise. Every sunset was gorgeous and the water was crystal clear. The property does a great job of balancing a very rustic and natural feel, which couples perfectly with the beautiful ecosystem that surrounds the entire place. I saw the most incredible fish just by looking down at the water - from gorgeous schools of fish of all different colors, to adorable baby sharks (that don't bite), to a family of dolphins gracefully moving in leaps and bounds, to a stingray that played "made you blink" with me - and didn't even need to be in the water to see all of these glorious marine wildlife animals. This is definitely the kind of place that makes you stop to savor every moment of beauty that the island has to offer.

I had spent a week in Thailand prior to traveling to Cocoa Island, and would highly recommend that type of vacation to others if you can spare a two-week holiday. Spend a week doing something a bit more active so that you can completely decompress in the Maldives. I am so thrilled that I stayed in one of their Villas - the living room space is huge and you can wake up from your upstairs bed seeing the deck in the back with the beautiful blue-green waters. Taking a shower underneath the stars in their outdoor shower was so great as well. The housekeeping staff take the greatest care in making sure (twice a day) that your room/villa looks like it did when you first arrived. I'm so glad I sprung for the Villa - it was worth it!

In addition to the gorgeous natural environment, the service at the resort is really fantastic. From all of the managers, the restaurant staff, and the Como Shambhala spa staff, all 150 staff members treated me warmly. With Adil's welcoming smile at the restaurant every day, Zameen setting up my favorite table when he saw me walking towards the restaurant, Ying's kindness and care during my daily massage treatments, Dianne's hugs and making sure I was made to feel special, Nang and Ravi's attention to my food intolerances...there were countless memories with every person whom I interacted with there that make me long to return to COMO Cocoa Island! There are too many staff members whom I wish to thank, so I will take the opportunity to email Benjamin, the General Manager, instead.

Now, onto one of the most important parts for me about any vacation, the food. The Executive Chef, Nang, along with her sous chef, Ravi, and their team, made the most incredible food. The pad thai changed my life, and was undoubtedly the best pad thai I'd ever had. Their New Year's Eve dinner was delicious, but their New Year's brunch the next day was astronomically fantastic. The seafood was fresh at all times. I had an outstanding octopus dish that beats any octopus dish I've had in New York City. The naan and chapati bread hit the spot every time. They even replenish the fresh fruit in your room daily! Yes, I said, fresh and delicious fruit daily.

For those thinking of traveling to the Maldives, choose COMO Cocoa Island. It felt extremely private, intimately quaint, beautifully unspoiled nature, with fantastic service all around from every staff member, plus amazing food. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Harminny
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Harminny,

What a fantastic summery of your stay with us on COMO Cocoa Island. We are all thrilled to have created "the trip of a lifetime" for you with endless experiences worth re-living. Happily I will share your kind words with the team, the same way you took your time to recognize so many for their outstanding way of delivering service.

Dear Harminny, once again thank you for sharing your memories with the travel community and we are hopeful that many who seek for - and allow me to quote you - "extremely private, intimately quaint, beautifully unspoiled nature, with fantastic service all around from every staff member, plus amazing food" will now visit our paradise.

Wishing you all the best and kindest regards,