All reviewszip linehill topjungle resortnature walkriver crossinghilltop cottagesview cottageswimming poolnatural loversoff roadmust visit placetea plantationsouth indiaadventurous activitiesbumpy ridemother natureexcellent place
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I am in totally love with the place and the hospitality that I was provided with. I travelled during the long weekend on March 30th, 31st and April 1st 2018.

Initially I was a bit sceptical about the approaching road to the resort but it was not so bad. Out of the 7 kms from Devala , first 3 kms is a proper pitched road , next 2 kms are mud road but nothing to be afraid of and last 2 kms (once you are inside the resort at the parking) you have to travel by the car provided by the Resort.

This resort is located on a hill top with a view of Jungle and Tea estate all around. Extremely peaceful and polite / caring staffs.

Praveen was my relationship manager at the Resort and he was very warm towards each request of ours. He made us relax in the reception the moment we reached and explained us about various activities that we can do there , type of rooms they have and the timing of each activity. We reached a little earlier than check in time , but they pro actively got the room prepared for us so that we do not have to wait much.

I had requested Praveen to arrange for a cake if possible , since it was my wife's birthday the following day, he assured me that he would definitely try but he couldn't commit to get it delivered at midnight. True to his words, he arranged a surprised Candle night dinner for us on one of the tree house.

A very big Thank You to Praveen for making our stay so memorable.

Pros :
1. Amazing staff , very affectionate and caring. The restaurants eventually call up each room to check if they had their meals before closing down. In case if anyone doesn't want to visit restaurant , they get it delivered to your room in minutes.

2. A lot of activities (4 types of treks, kayaking , zip line , a lot of rope activities , archery, swimming pool, etc)

3. Very peaceful rooms. All rooms have very good views and it feels very soothing.

4. Good food. They have a nice spread consisting of south indian and north indian dishes along with different type of salads. I loved their vegetarian dishes even more being a non vegetarian though. Loved their Fish and Chicken dishes as well and felt the starters were really good.

Cons :
1. The only one : It is difficult to find a room there. I had been trying to book it for close to a year (but always tried on a short notice) , I was able to get it this time as i booked it 3 months in advance. They are really full through out the weekends of the year. And I believe , that itself speaks about their popularity.

Go here if you want to be at peace , relax and rejuvenate. This place is to be enjoyed.

Keep up the quality as it is!!

Cheers !

Room Tip: Choose the one which has balcony in the east :)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ViralSingh
Reviewed 31 March 2018

More of a Jurassic world experience , just the fact that the dinosaurs � were missing �Totally enjoyed a lot . Excellent customer service. 5 stars for Food, Little expensive but worth every penny .

Room Tip: Value for Money
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this divine beauty in March along with wife and kid. This property is just in lap of nature which gives you the most fresh air and view/scenic beauty will blow your mind. Being in the remotest place of South India this place gives you the perfect blend of luxury and nature. Truely a 5 star property with the most courtageous staff. Plan for atleast 3 nights as they have many activities and most of them are included in package. Thanks Wild Planet for beautiful memories.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We loved the atmosphere right in the middle of the jungle. The staffs are super friendly and will help to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The owners of the resort really do care for the environment. The resort was so beautiful and spotlessly clean. We never expected so much for this price. We went into the jungle with a guide and trekking and it was an amazing experience. By the way, the restaurant is great and offers a wide range of asian and international cuisines. We totally fell in love with this place and would love to stay here again anytime.”

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sankarsah
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The journey to get here is not for anyone who suffers from travel sickness! The car journey along bumpy narrow mud tracks took about 40 minutes, l feared for the cars suspension! The final leg down to the resort is by jeep and the road is as bad!
Our cabin was ok, no hot water in the hand basin, you had to fill the bucket from the shower?
The balcony looked out over the valley and unfortunately the massive building project they are undertaking.
The noise all day of metal grinding was not great!
The restaurant really didn’t cater at all for European tastes.
Breakfast was a dismal affair the first morning the bread by the toaster was mouldy, I had to ask for it to be changed.
There is no bar and the restaurant is not licensed so if you like a drink take it with you to drink in your cabin.
I understand they keep a limited supply of alcohol which they can serve you outside in the grounds beside reception.
The pool was lovely, we had it to ourselves all morning but it was spoiled by the background noise from the building.
We went into the jungle with a guide in the afternoon. We saw and heard many birds, saw plenty of elephant dung, and were shown lots of interesting markings from animals by the guide.
All in all we felt for the effort it took to get to the resort it wasn’t really worth it

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple