“lunch with friends”

Ranked #26 of 113 Restaurants in Maldon
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 15
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fig Tree is family owned and situated at the 'Top' end of Maldon High Street. We specialise in home cooked English and European food at affordable prices, there are daily 'Specials' in addition to our comprehensive menu. The Restaurant is fully licenced and has the benefit of a Courtyard Garden shaded by the Fig Tree which gives the Restaurant its name.
Reviewed 23 November 2017

A table was reserved for us whilst we finished our shopping and when we arrived we were greeted in a very friendly manner, seated and drinks brought quickly.
A very good range of choices on the menu and found it hard to choose which! We all had something different and each plate was served looking tasty. I had the sausage and onion sandwich ; sausages were very tasty.
My friends each had a different type of chilli and said it was very tasty .
Overall , a very good experience and would definitely go back again
It was very clean . There is a small garden area with seating and my friends told me breakfast there in the summer is worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We decided to have a walk around Maldon on a cold day. For a quick lunch we popped in here. Busy place but we got a table for two upstairs. Quickly served. We ordered 2 coffees...large and very pleasant with hot milk in jug. I went for homemade chilli which came with half a baguette. Nice chilli kick and cheese topping. My wife had a panini - cranberry, Brie and bacon that came with salad and crisps. Also really tasty. Good portion sizes. Nice service and clean and warm restaurant. Liked it

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I checked out the Room today that we are to use for the U3A Study Day tomorrow at The Plume School. in Fambridge Road. We wanted to have a nice Coffee so we pop into The Fig Tree Cafe. Never been in there before. Sadly it is in the High Street so no parking close by. The coffee was really good and the service excellent. It was the cheapest good cup of coffee I have had for a long time. Would go there again if the need arises.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We walked in off the street for a quick lunch. All of us were pleasantly surprised. There is a great variety of choice on the menu. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was served quickly, all was fresh and tasted lovely. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Came here early on a Sunday morning around 9ish. It was a lovely little place to eat which had the option to sit outside. The day was lovely and sunny so we sat outside. When sat outside there is a massive fig tree which gives a relaxing environment also it's in a court yard which is a brilliant sun trap to have breakfast but there are tables with umbrellas available. The breakfast just sheer perfection. The right amount and it wasn't in any grease! We plan to come back here again. I would highly recommend