“Nice food, good atmosphere ”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Maldon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best pub venue in Maldon, set on the Blackwater river.Thames barges aline the quayside. Large patio area, with seating for over 100 people. Over looked by Maldon St Marys Church. A wonderful setting on the quay, a fantastic old working dock fo yesteryear.
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a spot of lunch during the half term break.

Good menu, nice range of choices, friendly and quick service and tasty food when it arrived.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Here we go....

The big review, that I have been waiting to publish for some time. Reason for the delay is due to the terrifying experience I had at this establishment.

So... I arrived on a cold winter morning with a good friend to enjoy some breakfast. The evening before had been a heavy ting and we were rather hungover, so good food was what we needed. Unfortunately this was not delivered....

I myself ordered a baguette with chips and specifically asked for cheese on the chips which I pad extra for, and my pal ordered a sausage sandwich with chips. So where do I start, firstly my baguette was hard and crunchy however this was fine as my teeth are made from pure steel, and secondly there was no cheese on my chips hence the title which was disappointed and made me feel robbed of my £1 extra. My fried enjoyed his sausage sandwich however he did say the sausages resembled the taste of a dead bat.

Moving on, after the daylight robbery occurred we finished our food and made a hasty exit, never to return to such an establishment.

As once said by Kendrick Lamar “I remember sausage sandwiches and cheese allowances finesse queens head with some customer service skills and now I’m counting this”

8  Thank HTRTYD
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Great pub food, great beers and excellent service. I’ve been there a number of times now and rarely have to wait longer than 2 minutes to be served at the bar. Food service is excellent too and there is a good choice on the menu. Lovely setting in the summer. Can’t beat it!

1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant had a nice vibe to it...So I thought. When you get there you are greeted by the wonderful smell of wet mud and salt. This though, wasn’t even half of the problem. So my friends and I went for a few drinks on a wonderful evening in Maldon. We found a table sat down and started to enjoy ourselves despite the smell. I went to the bar to order some drinks and was unfortunately greeted by a rather large man who looked similar to an Oompa Loompa, just taller. He was extremely rude and asked me if I wanted to be here ( Do they not like serving customers?) Never the less I answered his question and got my drinks and some food for myself, which might I add, had me questioning whether or not I can pay this months rent the prices were so high.

So as we are enjoying our drinks and food the same gentlemen that served me earlier came over to our table (I now Assume he was the manager) and asked for all of our ID’s again, which was strange but I respected his request. So I did. BUT, to my surprise he made the outrageous claim that my ID was fake. I argued the fact as I was 18 at the time and as far as I am aware the Law states 18 is the legal drinking age. Never the less he wasn’t having any of it and kicked us out after not accepting my perfectly valid drivers license, that he excepted before?

The whole experience dampened the high spirts of the evening so I went back and tried to have a chat with this manager as to why he did not accept my ID. He then replies to my question, “Leave, Or else”. Was this a threat? What an ungodly act from a grown man. Lucky for him I hadn’t been on the Stella’s that night. So I left. And that was that.

Never come here, bad food, and rude managers.

As a wise girl once said, “Queens Head manager, stop thinking ur bad, you get rammed in the shower by ur dad”

5  Thank Josh R
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

A good well priced Sunday lunch much enjoyed by myself and husband. The pub is very comfortable and ideally located by the water side. There is also plenty of outside seating for the summer months.