“Meal”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Maldon
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best pub venue in Maldon, set on the Blackwater river.Thames barges aline the quayside. Large patio area, with seating for over 100 people. Over looked by Maldon St Marys Church. A wonderful setting on the quay, a fantastic old working dock fo yesteryear.
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

A good well priced Sunday lunch much enjoyed by myself and husband. The pub is very comfortable and ideally located by the water side. There is also plenty of outside seating for the summer months.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here on the 31st Dec to ask on the off chance if they had a table for 7. We were seated in the Port Hole. 2 steaks, 4 slow cooked beef and a wild mushroom pasta was ordered, and I must say even tho the wait was a tiny bit long (but I prefer that if the food is cooked fresh and served hot) all the dinners looked delish and tasted equally delish too. Absolutely plentiful. No one spoke only to say their food was lovely. Staff very pleasant and helpful. All the food I saw going to tables looked fab. Prices not overly expensive. I've been here before but sat outside and had the rose Marie prawn sandwich which was huge and tasty. Lots of people with dogs...outside only tho. All in all a great place to go.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely place to go and eat, the staff are friendly, the food is great and it’s dog friendly.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Ate here with a group of friends and one other table occupied. The food was nice but there wasn't much of it. The dining room was shut away and felt isolated. For the price I wasn't impressed.

2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We have often had meals in the Queen's head, Maldon and have always been more than satisfied. There is always a good selection of well cooked and prepared meals at a reasonable price and the staff all very pleasant and helpful. Yesterday's meals were to a large extent no exception but have to confess that I was somewhat disappointed with my meal which started with the mushrooms in a tomato and herb based sauce followed by the smoked haddock chowder, both from the Christmas Special menu. I found both rather too salty - the sauce the mushrooms were in and particularly the chowder, where the smoked haddock is probably naturally a bit salty, but I'm sure I could detect that salt had been added to the broth during cooking making it too intensely salty for me. Having said this my Wife said her deep fried haddock & chips was very good but did agree with me about the salt in the mushroom starter.
For health reasons, we are encouraged to reduce our salt intake and we at home have done so by never adding salt to food either during cooking and very rarely after. This has, perhaps, made me a bit sensitive to salt but I would encourage the Chef to cut down the adding of salt during cooking - you can always add a little afterwards but you cannot remove it once it's been added during cooking.

2  Thank John G