“Best restaurant in Essex ”
Review of Sark Restaurant

Sark Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 113 Restaurants in Maldon
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 26
Description: 25 years experienced Turkish restaurant opening at Maldon. Our aim is bring best Turkish cuisine to Maldon
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Been last night with 5 friends it was soo busy but it didn’t matter because we knew it was going to be great.. we was 20 mins late to our booking.. my friends made a fuss because our table was gone .. we was handled so well by the stuff which when was sent 15 min after and got our hot meze for 4 and cold meze for 2 we was smiling then we ordered seafood pot , lamb pot , chicken pot , sarma bayti and a combination kebab .. it sounds a lot as you’s noticed we big people lol.. we noticed the quality of the meat was 1st class.. we did ring the restaurant and said a big thank you and sorry for our fuss.. one note don’t be late maybe you will not be as lucky as us.. and will miss out on your table and the great food .. highly recommend you book especially for weekends 3 weeks in advance .. we have ..

2  Thank Baran B

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Went here tonight with a 2 friends for a catch up.
First impressiins were good, the decor is nice. We were kept waiting whch was a bit awkward as we were standing in the middle of the restaurant.
There are lots of tables, probably too many and ours was a bit snug.
Service was slow to start, then improved.
We had two kebab type dishes and I had a casserole dish. The kebabs were good and my friends enjoyed them. Mine was tasty but the meat was very poor quality and really fatty. In the end I just ate sauce and veggies. This was such a shame as I love Turkish food and our local restaurant is excellent.
My friends had deserts and I can honestly say the Baklava was amazing!! I trieda bit and was tempted to order one for me!
The loos weren't great. I've seen worse but still...
The meal was reasonable and apart from the awful meat in mine the food was good.

salman b, Owner at Sark Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank You for your review, the reason we kept you waiting was due to you been more then 20min late, and you hadn't informed us so we gave the table away, and you was lucky to get a table and secondly can you refine quality meat for us please because we bring our meat daily and cook within our open kitchen front of house . the meat we use was the same as What's been cooked for your friends which maybe you choose the wrong dish, we serve more then 2000 people a week and we believe you have been trying to find an excuse and been picky to make our restaurant down within our reviews and if you are working within another restaurant or you own another restaurant no need to play dirty just the credit where it's due and do it as good as our restaurant does .. many regards sark restaurant

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here with friends last night for the first time, what can I say apart from wow! It was lovely, food was amazing, huge portions, staff friendly and helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

2  Thank kerrip2
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Don’t eat here at any cost!! Why because its great and its taken me weeks to get a table on a Friday night. I had heard so much about this restaurant and how good it was and we were not disappointed at all. From the moment we walked through the door the service was first class and they met our every need and couldn’t do more to make us more welcome or comfortable. Now onto the food, the hot platter for two was lovely and so filling, the menu choice was really good and authentic. Our main courses were lovely and in all honesty we could easily of been in a Greek taverna as they looked and tasted great. The portions are large but if you can’t eat it all ask and they will put it in a takeaway container for you which we did one happy partners daughter. A big thank you to all the staff for a lovely evening we will be back soon. So please don’t go to this place as i wanna keep it a secret.........and all to myself.

3  Thank Bushpig999
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

A group of 8 visited the restaurant last week for lunch. It certainly lived up to expectations. Service and quality of food were excellent. In fact we ordered too much - good servings. Very friendly staff. Would recommend. Also great now to have the facility to pay by card.

2  Thank Carol B