“Excellent”

The Vintage Rose Tea Room
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Maldon
Description: Vintage style tea room. With lots of homemade cakes and light lunches on offer.
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Small tea and coffee shop offering a good selection of drinks and home made snacks that all beautifully presented. We had scones that were the best we have had for ages. Looking round at what other diners were having it all looked very appealing.

The tea room is accessed via small alleyway just off the lower portion of the High Street, almost opposite the junction for Wantz Road.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I shouldn't really be writing about this place again so soon after the last review, but we've been back again today and it was every bit as good as the last time, maybe even better.

Home-made cakes, scones, soup and just about everything else, served up by the owners who seem to be working flat out to make this place a big success.

We watched as they tied bows around chairs, laid the table with a fancy cloth and added birthday sprinkles and banners in readiness for a party this afternoon. Lovely!

We said it before - Maldon is blessed with so many great cafes, but this one is that little bit extra special because of its enigmatic style, care and attention to detail.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

My wife and I 'found' The Vintage Rose tea room today while we were out walking in Maldon. It is up a small side street off the High Street but what a gem. After parking at the top of the town in the White Horse car park we had planned to go to The Barge on the river for lunch but when we got there it had not berthed yet. After walking to the end of the Extension we walked back up the High Street and I remembered friends of ours said that they had seen The Vintage Rose tea room along Quest Place and I suggested giving it a try. When we walked in we were given a very warm welcome and shown to a table but we did not know where to look. Vintage furniture and cookery adorned the room together with clothing and pictures. The delicious cakes on vintage cake stands caught my eye first and then I was attracted to the table decorated for a birthday celebration and another for afternoon tea. We ordered a pot of tea and soup, which when it came was delicious. The tea pot and tea cups and saucers were dainty and decorated with flowers and very pretty. The service was outstanding and they certainly know how to treat customers like individuals and feel special. It was so relaxing here that I could have sat for hours just looking at all the memorabilia around the room. I was fascinated by the lady making up the afternoon tea with scones and slices of cake and I noticed that they used the best jam in the world - Tiptree jam. If you haven't been here you really must give it a try and you will not be disappointed. We certainly wasn't and it won't be long before we return and bring some friends.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Visited this lovely hidden gem of Maldon today. Had a fabulous tea in vintage surrounding an absolute delight. The coffee and walnut cake was scrumptious.
The owners and staff were very friendly and professional.
I recommend a visit asap.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across The Vintage Rose today and what a find it was. Had Cream Tea off the menu and the homemade scones were the best I have tasted in a while. Staff were very accommodating and attentive to our table. The atmosphere was lovely and the china teapots and cup and saucers added to a very enjoyable pit stop.