See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2013

La Camorra Hostel is a great place in an amazing town. I stayed there for six days instead of the intended 2 days because it felt so much like home. Breakfast included home-made bread, cake and jam and was delicious. The rooms are really lovely, everything is made from wood. The staff wasn't only friendly and helpful but also really welcoming and fun. It's a great place to relax in the beautiful garden. The only thing that's missing are some more garden benches or hammocks and at night it's really hot in the upstairs rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Like I said, the staff are so helpful, even though they had a bit of trouble with english, very nice and friendly. The hostel itself (rooms and bathrooms) are lacking a bit of comfort and cleaning, but overall it was a nice stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

A wonderful and homely place, but La Camorra is not a place to hang around all day. It is great for people who like to do stuff in the day (or days such has going for some night to the great mountains nearby) and have a very pleasant time in the evening!
I ended up being almost a permanent resident...having too much to do in the day, and also waiting for the night to see what's up at the hostel.
And Flor and Ariel are great and funny :-)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank OriGonen
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed almost 2 weeks in this hostel while I wasn't even supposed to stay in El Bolson. New managers Flo and Ariel gave me a warm welcome and I felt like home during my stay. Flo worked in the Tourism Office before so she knows almost everything about the area. I spent many evenings in the lobby because it's a pretty cosy place, with a piano. Plus the owner who is playing his accordeon. Unforgetable memories.
And in general, it's a very clean place and dorms are really good.
Plus they offer a nice range of local beers. A place I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Seriously. Looking back it was the best hostel I stayed in my whole 5 months in SA. The staff were really friendly and it was more like I was staying with friends rather than in a hostel. On New Years Eve the staff (all 3 of them) had a dinner where their families, friends of families and partners all came along, and all the guests felt honored to be invited and were made to feel welcome. And afterwards I went clubbing with the manager till dawn.
Admittedly the room did get ridiculously hot at times and there was little ventilation and they would hose down the roof in the afternoon to try and cool it down a bit, but mostly it was the staff that made the experience amazing.
I kind of feel bad writing this review because it's the sort of place that should only be known about by word-of-mouth and I only want to send them people I've vetted, but I don't know anyone else in SA any more and people should know about it!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo