Review Highlights

Reviewed 21 September 2018
GetThereQuicker
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely to watch them make a vase

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
EnakshiC
Navi Mumbai, India

All reviews glass horse gate tour glass factory jewelry items glass blowing demonstration blown glass no pressure high quality island of murano amazing pieces beautiful glass water taxi bracelet showroom shop master vase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Its a glass factory where the glass is melted and blown to take different shapes and statues. There was a demonstration of making a beautiful vase with blown glass. It was beautiful to watch and one could think of how dangerous the heat could be if proper precautions were not taken.
We loved the jewelry items, and yes there quite high priced. Ended up buying a small locket as everything else was quite out of reach.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The tour through the actual factory was VERY interesting. A dying art! Of course, the showroom had some beautiful pieces for sale, but the pieces for $35,000 were a bit beyond my reach!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We were approached whilst wandering around St.Marks square by a man who offered us a free water taxi ride out to Murano to visit a glassworks. We were fairly wary , looking for a catch! As it turned out, there wasn’t one! We were taken to a glassworks after about a 15minute water taxi (speedboat) ride on the island of Murano.
We then watched a glass blowing demonstration accompanied by commentary in English-quite fascinating! After the demonstration we were invited to look around their showroom where we were shown various glass objects, all of which of course were available to purchase, though not cheap! As far as I could tell there was no obligation to buy.
We then opted to return on the vaporetto.

1  Thank GetThereQuicker
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Our first day in Venice our group took a water taxi over to Murano. We visited the Lazzarini factory for a glass blowing demonstration and to shop the merchandise. The demonstration, by a master glass blower, was in the furnace and production area and was amazing to watch. We then shopped in the numerous rooms of various blown glass of all varieties and price ranges. We bought a beautiful vase as did numerous others in our group. Genuine blown glass made in Venice. Wait until you get to Venice to buy it and ensure it is real. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I was part of a Perillo tour group that was visiting while in Venice. I had been looking forward to this as I love Murano glass. We were greeted at the dock by the charming manager, who was our host for the visit. First, we observed a glass-blowing demonstration. It was amazing to see something created in a few minutes! This is becoming a lost art, as fewer people are becoming glass artisans. After the demo, we were free to visit the showroom. I was in the market to buy glass, so I knew what I was looking for. The manager was at my side, answering any questions that I had & there was absolutely no pressure from him. A couple on the tour purchased a chandelier. I had seen a gorgeous one hanging in the other room & asked(for kicks) how much. 41E--I've good taste!!The items were delivered to me within 2 weeks in perfect condition!! I had a wonderful experience here, & disagree with the negative comments. I recommend!!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I got the tour to see the famous 3 islands of Venice. The lady for the boat tour was
amazing. She spoke 5 different languages and showed us everything around with a brief history. However, my review is for the glass factory in Murano, “Ferro & Lazzarini”. After the glass blowing show was over, we went to the overpriced glass shop. I liked a mirror and I asked for a price, which was out of my budget after playing some games of giving a discount and shipping to USA, politely I apologized for the time and said still this is out of my budget. One of the employees looked at the manager and said “bloody b****” as I was walking away. I confronted him and the manager that this is not a nice behavior, specially done to a tourist. I have a right to ask for a price and see if I can afford it or not. They completely denied the fact. I am planning to write to Italy’s tourist website and also Italian embassy in USA. A tourist is spending time and money to go see a country not be pressured to buy overpriced items and if not, being cursed at!!! If you’re on vacation skip the glass factory tour and spend your time to see the island instead.

1  Thank larabanoo
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We visited this murano glass factory as part of a Collette Vacation group tour. At Ferro E Lazzarini we purchased a murano vase for 300 euros. We mentioned to the sales person several times that this was a wedding gift. When we arrived back home last week, the vase was not in a gift box. WORSE. I went on line to look up the vase and. it can be purchased for $199.99 and delivered to our home in a gift box with free shipping. We paid twice as much at this murano glass factory. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT A MURANO GLASS FACTORY. You can find it cheaper in a store in Venice or on line. Lesson learned.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Useful to admire the demonstration of the generation of an object like a beautiful glass horse. But just watch. Then Escape. Too persistent to sell items with false speeches that are the only originals. Instead, other shops in Murano cost less. Before buying, go for a walk with other shops.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We took a shore excursion to this glass blowing factory on Murano. Included was a glass blowing demonstration in which he made a glass horse. As soon as he finished the horse stood on its hind legs and tail, without doing anything else to it. The showroom was amazing with a great selection of wears.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Part of our guided tour - but certainly one of the highlights! to see the craftsmanship and skill of just one (or two) piece(s) as the demonstration - and then to walk into the showrooms full of so much more - it was really beautiful. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL and once you have seen this and know what goes into it - you will quickly see how knockoffs are taking advantage of people at a lower cost. Getting an item that is Officially MURANO would be a keepsake to treasure!

1  Thank TandSons