“Nice Trick”

Ranked #12 of 25 things to do in Murano
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Useful to admire the demonstration of the generation of an object like a beautiful glass horse. But just watch. Then Escape. Too persistent to sell items with false speeches that are the only originals. Instead, other shops in Murano cost less. Before buying, go for a walk with other shops.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"showroom"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We took a shore excursion to this glass blowing factory on Murano. Included was a glass blowing demonstration in which he made a glass horse. As soon as he finished the horse stood on its hind legs and tail, without doing anything else to it. The showroom was amazing with a great selection of wears.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Part of our guided tour - but certainly one of the highlights! to see the craftsmanship and skill of just one (or two) piece(s) as the demonstration - and then to walk into the showrooms full of so much more - it was really beautiful. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL and once you have seen this and know what goes into it - you will quickly see how knockoffs are taking advantage of people at a lower cost. Getting an item that is Officially MURANO would be a keepsake to treasure!

1  Thank TandSons
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We had heard so much of the glass blowing created here and knew we wanted to see it.
We had a private tour and were able to see up close and personal the art of glass blowing and we were blown away! The talent is like no others beside the years of training it is a mad skill. We would highly recommend not missing seeing this place. Save your pennies so you can buy the best souvenir to remind you of Italy and Merano.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our Gate 1 tour took us to the glass factory to watch a demo from a master glassblower. He made a vase and a horse while another man narrated the steps and told us about the history of glassblowing. It was fascinating to watch the glassblower command the glass to his liking. Afterwards, we were led to the gallery and shown some various pieces. There were quite a few showrooms to walk through; however, I got stuck in the jewelry area and we only had about 30 minutes to shop. I did find some beautiful bracelets and necklaces; however, I was surprised at the lack of earrings, and the pair I did buy did not match the style of the other jewelry at all. Prices were fair, I think; at least I felt like they were not made in China. I wished I had more time to perhaps pick out a vase, too. One thing our tour guide forgot to tell us, unfortunately, was that if you pay with cash, you will get a significant discount. I could have saved 20% on my jewelry.

1  Thank laneybelle