“Fascinating demo; beautiful showroom”

Vetreria Artistica Ferro E Lazzarini
Ranked #9 of 22 things to do in Murano
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our Gate 1 tour took us to the glass factory to watch a demo from a master glassblower. He made a vase and a horse while another man narrated the steps and told us about the history of glassblowing. It was fascinating to watch the glassblower command the glass to his liking. Afterwards, we were led to the gallery and shown some various pieces. There were quite a few showrooms to walk through; however, I got stuck in the jewelry area and we only had about 30 minutes to shop. I did find some beautiful bracelets and necklaces; however, I was surprised at the lack of earrings, and the pair I did buy did not match the style of the other jewelry at all. Prices were fair, I think; at least I felt like they were not made in China. I wished I had more time to perhaps pick out a vase, too. One thing our tour guide forgot to tell us, unfortunately, was that if you pay with cash, you will get a significant discount. I could have saved 20% on my jewelry.

Date of experience: October 2017
in 6 reviews
"vase"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The glass blowing demonstration was very well done. You sat in small bleachers, close enough to see the master craftsman work, but far enough away to not be in the way. From there you are taken to the salesroom for the explanation of what is available to purchase and price. Very pricey, but the group we were with was large enough to keep the pressure off. You did seem to have a salesperson kind of assigned to you, as everywhere we went the same woman was there to see if we needed any assistance. She was very gracious and was not at all pushy. I never felt pressured to buy anything, which I didn't. It was worth the time to see the demonstration, especially if you have never seen how they blow glass.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I visited the factory/workshop as part of a Cunard cruise trip. The craftsman who made the horse made it look simple, but then an expert often does!
It was interesting to see some things made by hand, but to be realistic, although the pieces made at the works were stunning, the object of the exercise was to sell you things. Glassware at this works is expensive. It also seems to be high quality. The two must go together. They don't do cheap - not even seconds!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Nice demonstration of glass blowing and work but then forget the sales room. Just turn right before you go up the stairs and save yourself the unpleasant rudeness of the female staff upstairs

Date of experience: October 2017
4  Thank LuckyTraveller499507
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My Mom and I were on a 14 day tour and one of the day trips planned while in Venice was to go to Murano and visit the glass factory. Ferro E Lazzarini did a nice job with the demonstration of making a glass horse, but then of course the heavy/hard sale in their showrooms. Everything aside from the beads were not my style, which was fine and what's even better is that I was actually ignored in the showroom. My Mom on the other hand was followed intensely by a gent in whom actually said that he was going to follow her around. I immediately walked away as I am not into high pressure sells - especially for things I have zero interest in buying. She ended up buying a plate - which has not arrived yet but she was given free shipping - also a bracelet?! by the gent and of course the tax document to have stamped and drop off in Rome when we left. They take your credit card to the back to run it which I am not a fan of....bring euros if you can because its just easier there to pay in cash.

2  Thank COGlobeTrotter35