US$ 236
US$ 209
Hostel & Salon Saruya(Fujiyoshida)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
Ryokan
US$ 765
US$ 696
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Staying at Fujisan Hotel was quite the experience... The sleeping accommodations are two level bunk beds but everyone is lined up next to each other and cramped in like sardines. My boyfriend and I were unfortunately placed next to a snorer so our ear plugs were a godsend.
It looked like there were other resting huts further down the mountain that provided more private accommodations but that leaves you with quite a hike to make it to the top before sunrise.

Food wise I would recommend eating their dinner but skipping the breakfast. The dinner was warm curry rice with a sausage patty. Breakfast was a bento with cold rice, "beef" from a sealed pouch and a juice box of green tea. They also have things like cup of noodles, soda and beer that you can purchase separately.

If I were to do this again I would probably stay at Fujisan hotel. It's one of the closest huts to the top and the staff are friendly and speak fairly good English.

Also, the tips from the review below mine are great!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa O
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Don't expect much... I would typically give this place 1 or maybe 2 stars but then again it's a hostel on a side of a volcano!

Sleeping accommodation is basic. Don't expect to sleep much. Make sure you're comfortable with whoever you're next to. It's essentially a massive bunk bed crammed with people. At the end of the day if you're tired you will sleep anywhere.

The employees are friendly. Hats off to them as they have to put up with tired, grump, smelly hikers day in day out.

Food it hot and available 24hrs a day. Be grateful. they also serve beer too.

Bring plenty of ¥100 coins for the toilet.

Suggestion:

1. bring ear plugs to sleep
2. If you're a good hiker then I suggest you book a room in another hotel at the summit. Saves you from making the hike up at 2am.
3. Wet wipes.
4. Bring a hip flask with whiskey
5. Book a hotel with an Onsen for post hike pleasure.

Enjoy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marc M
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

"He who climbs Mount Fuji is a wise man, he who climbs twice is a fool", and if he has to stay in a mountain hut I can understand why! Staying in the Fujisan hotel is an experience I never want to repeat, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world! We stayed as part of a group with Fuji Mountain guides, tightly packed into bunks, don't expect to get much sleep what with people snoring, late arrivals and getting up for the loo the night soon passes and you're woken at 2am to climb to the summit for sunrise. It is what it is, very basic but a welcome retreat from the cold and wet outside, and the curry and rice meal was actually quite tasty.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Madkath
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived at a relatively quiet moment (2pm) and we're forced to eat at 4pm. After diner we were kicked out the diner room and pushed to go to the sleeping rooms. So you cannot sit or relax anywhere, you are forced to sleep at 5pm.
Some of the staff is very unfriendly: they seem to be focused to get as many people through as possible. Very un-Japanese!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank pwel
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I booked a bed here through Fuji Mountain Guides because most sites said that the huts fill up quickly, and Fujisan Hotel is the only one that will take non-Japanese reservations. It also takes credit card, which not a lot of the huts do.
I climbed on a Monday, and most of the huts looked like they had room and were asking passers-by if they wanted to sleep there. With that in mind, I probably could have stayed in one of the other huts with bigger sleeping areas.
The staff was very helpful and check-in was quick. The meal was alright. I had already climbed to the summit during the day and circled the crater, so I was pretty hungry and appreciated the rice, beef(?) patty, sausages, and beef curry. There is wifi in the eating area. After I finished eating, the staff brought me and the guy eating next to me to our bunk areas.
The beds were cold and damp (understandable, when you live in the clouds), then, after a while, everyone's body heat warmed the place up. What with being packed up with about 60 other climbers in a little room, and everyone else not being able to sleep, there was a lot of tossing and turning and snoring and rustling through plastic bags in their backpacks. I finally put on earplugs and a face mask and was able to get a few hours of sleep. I slept closer to the guy and girl on either side of me than I sleep next to my boyfriend. The beds were a little bit wider than my shoulders, and I'm a small woman. You have to hang your backpack on a hook above your head, which pushes you down in the bed because the bag is taking headroom. My feet reached the foot of the bed, and I'm only 5 ft 2 in (157 cm).
The bathrooms are 200 JPY like all the bathrooms on the trail. There was a trickle of non-potable water in the sink, enough to splash my face.
The staff provides a wake up call about 2 hours before the sunrise. I woke up a little bit earlier and started climbing. I'm glad I did, because climbing in the morning is SLOW because you're packed in a line with everyone else.
I made it about 15 minutes before the sunrise, but there was no sunrise because of the clouds.
My recommendation is: if you are traveling on a weekday, try some of the other huts first instead of reserving the Fujisan Hotel in advance.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo