Fujisan Hotel
US$ 106
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 154/night.

US$ 109
Trip.com
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 218/night.

Asumi Onsen(Fujiyoshida)
US$ 81
US$ 127
US$ 123
Highland Resort Hotel & Spa(Fujiyoshida)
US$ 361
US$ 203
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 246/night.

Resort Inn Fuyo(Fujiyoshida)
US$ 104
US$ 88
Priceline
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 149/night.

Hotel Bell Kaneyama(Fujiyoshida)
US$ 546
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewspay yensleeping quartersseveral hourssummitaccommodationstoiletshutluxurywindfootcomfortstation
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from staying one night here on our way to the summit. First, let me begin by saying that in no way is this a traditional "hotel," but more of a hut/lodge.
This is a good location to spend a night if you are planning on getting to the summit for the sunrise (summit is about 1.5 hrs from here). We had dinner and breakfast (traditional Japanese), however, be prepared that the portions are in no way plentiful and almost everyone ended up either ordering again off of the a la carte menu or eating snacks they brought with them.
The staff were friendly, but their routine was very "regimented" and depending on the type of traveler you are, this won't be appreciated. For instance, the second everyone was done eating we were told that we had to return to our room (one large room with bunks) to pick up our breakfast box for the next morning. Since there is not much room to place "extras" we all placed them on the table that was in the room. 15 minutes after that we were informed that all the boxes must be put away because the table needed to be taken down. Right after this, the announcement came that it was lights out (not quite 7:30pm). Not being allowed back into the main hall and having the lights turned out in the bunk room there wasn't many options besides trying to sleep or finding a place out of the way outside to watch the night sky.
In regards to sleep quality-it is what you would expect when sleeping in sleeping bags next to a bunch of strangers. The sleeping bags were so close together that they overlapped a fair amount. I was so thankful that they weren't full to capacity and were able to have an empty space between each couple/family, etc. As others have mentioned the bedding seemed to not have been washed between guests (pillowcases were clean), but everything in the room was neat and orderly.
One last note, I read through a lot of these reviews before posting this and was amazed at the wide difference in opinion regarding this place. My only guess is this comes from TWO buildings that comprise the establishment-the second one looked newer. Additionally, the management photo of the bunk room is not the one that we stayed in so I have to think it was taken in the second building. All in all, this lodging helped us accomplish what we set out to do which was to hike Mt. Fuji and see the sunrise. I would advise that you consider what your priorities are when choosing a place to spend the night...if it is to get as close as possible to the summit then this would be a good choice. If not, then there seemed to be an abundance of huts further down the trail (although I can't speak as to their quality).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank aaj12
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose this hut because of the ability to book with the assistance of fujimountainguides.com, for a $10 booking fee. It was very tight accommodations- luckily it was just my family. I can't imagine sleeping so close to complete strangers. The room had lower and upper bunks, going across the room. The bedding was obviously not cleaned between use because of the sand we felt. The food was adequate at best. I recommend not getting the meals and ordering ala carte when you arrive. I would have preferred ramen to the curryrice that was served. I also object to the 200 yen fee to use the toilets when you already paid so much to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lorih847chicago
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had no idea which refuge to book for an overnight sleep on Fuji-San so this was a good guess. It's expensive (9500 yen each including dinner and breakfast box) but it is comfy, the food is wholesome (although a bit confronting if you're veggie - it's meat or meat). If you are a veggie, skip the meals and bring your own. It's very efficient and friendly and they'll wake you up in time to get to the too for sunrise. We were there in aerially July so not so busy. It would be a bit tight I would imagine if it was full but we had the luxury of a spare sleeping space between each group so could stretch out a bit. The hotel is one of the highest on the yoshido trail so it's only an hour from there to the too.

Take ear plugs as with all mountain huts there will be snorers, Velcro and plastic bag rustlers.

I see others complain about paying for using the toilets but I'm happy to pay 200 yen a go for such clean and environmentally friendly toilets. I've seen too many grime mountain toilets to complain. These, by comparison were a pleasure to use - including heated toilet seats!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Melissa_Global
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We found Fujisan through Lonely Planet and opted for it mainly because they reserve to foreigners and take credit cards. When we finally made it to the 8th station, the staff was friendly and efficient. We were served dinner promptly, given a breakfast box and a bag for our shoes, and shown to our beds in the barracks-style bedroom.

While I was not expecting much more than the basics, the very narrow beds were a bit too small--you could barely turn over without rolling on to your neighbour--the sleeping bags were musty and damp, and there was no real space of any kind to store your pack. We ended up using ours as pillows.

All of that was worth sucking up--after all,it's a mountain hut on Mt. Fuji--but we were both really disappointed that even as a guest you wee required to pay 200Yen to every time you had to use the toilet. While all the mountain huts ask for a 200Y "tip" for bathroom upkeep, only Fujisan installed turnstiles at the entrance to force hikers to pay the "tip." It seemed outrageous to us to prevent paying guests from using the toilet without paying an additional fee. Otherwise, you get what you need at Fujisan.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Staying here at the moment and its simply amazing. The staff are great the food is restaurant quality despite being 3200 m high. You can't go wrong. The moment you arrive at the hotel it's organised clean and a nice stop on the way to the summit

• Stayed: August 2013