All reviews special thanks western food business traveler chinese restaurant english speaking language barrier buffet breakfast comfortable beds shandong province recommend this hotel the hotel staff gym china key hallway internet juliette
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I've not reviewed a facility in some time but after seeing all the glowing reviews of this facility I just had to jump in.
Many reviewers wrote of how "inviting, friendly, family like" everyone here made them feel... We all missed that experience... 17 of us in all.. No, we did not all arrive at the same time so there was no overwhelming the staff at check-in.
Then we got to our rooms.
They are clean.. That was good... But most importantly, they were all HOT. I mean 28 C plus (82F) in all the rooms, on different floors I might add... So, we plug in the room key to get the room powered up and walk over to the AC panel and make an adjustment to lower the room temperature... After about 20 minutes it becomes apparent that little is going on with the AC system to produce anything resembling cooler air. Since we checked in late and are tired, there is not much that can be done.
We all sweat the rest of the night.. Only relief was to go down to the lobby and get breakfast. Buffet is not bad by the way.... It is only after we cool down and eat some food that we find out that the AC system to the rooms has been shutoff for the "winter". That would have been nice to know at a point earlier in our arrival experience.
Yes, I know that there are hotels that pull this stunt as well in colder climates, but in this day and age, I can make my own determination on what is comfortable particularly in a high rise building!
After some additional conversations, it is mentioned that one can open up a window in the room to get "fresh air" into the room.... Just one problem with that.. Housekeeping / security needs to come up and use a special "key" device to unlock the window... After said person came up to do this task, I finally had a window that opened outward about 5 inches to allow this cold air in.... Hmmm Must have missed more on that because not much was flowing in... I then decided to open up the room door to the hallway in the hopes that a bit more "breeze" would develop... Not much luck there but at least I think I detected a bit of air movement while sitting right next to the window.. Not overly excited about the "smells" wafting through the window though... Rest of the room is still in 26 C (78.8F) range after 3 hours of this combination....
Not a happy camper about this at all...
Rooms are clean for the most part..My shower stall leaked pretty badly and it took several towels to mop it up so that it didn't pose a slip/fall risk.
Lighting controls in the room are antiquated and not easily controlled to ones liking.Well, at least not to mine.
Internet is slow..Sort of like watching grass grow!... Not total surprise over here but its pretty rough in this facility.
Not sure if I'll be back here but if so, I'll be looking for alternate lodging facilities for sure

Room tip: Not sure there are any but i would ask for a room that doesn't face the sun, particularly in the summer/fall.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Freda Z, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Linyi Lushang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for your time to post your comment on your stay in our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including places of improvement and we apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. We heard about your disppintment and we would like to express our sincerest apologizes for the troubles you experienced in our hotel. We are really sorry we were not able to provide you with a better service and we will make sure these won't be recurrent issues in the future. Concerning the following mentioned points, welcome on arrival, WiFi signal and shower leak we already have taken your comments to the related departments and they will fix the problems in short time.Moreover,Kindly by informed that our Air-conditioning is still working properly but due to the drop of temperatures and according to the cold weather we neeeded to make some adjustments in our rooms for the comfort of our guests.
Once again we are sorry we could't comply with your expectations and we truly hope you will consider staying at the Pullman in the future. kindly regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is popular with people visiting Linyi on business. When it opened it was very good but now the lobby is a total chaos as it’s very crowded. Rooms are clean and decent size. Breakfast is good as well. Wish they could get the chaos in order.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Freda Z, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Linyi Lushang, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your time to post your comment on your stay in our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including places of improvement and we apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. Indeed, we are sorry that your stay period coincided with the national holidays in China. On account of this, we welcomed many groups from different events such as weddings and other celebrations. It results of a high occupancy and busy public areas as consequences.
Once again we are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comment has been well noted and we will make our best to improve. I trust you will give us another try to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Good staff they usually remember your name if you came couple of times

Fruits in your room when you are a good customer

Breakfast or evening dinner are always fresh and good value for money

To be recommended when you are traveling or stoping by linyi. Care of customer is a well understood concept.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Freda Z, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Linyi Lushang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear valued customer,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Pullman Linyi Lushang. We were delighted to hear we met your expectations in any occasion. We always appreciate to hear feedback from our customers and especially when it comes to kind thoughts. This review will serve as an encouragment for all of our staff and we will strive to maintain and even provide better services in the future as you deserve the excellence of our brand. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality and we look forward to welcome you back at the Pullman. Best regards.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I was for business in Linyi and stayed at the Pullmann Linyi Lushang. The location is near the river beside a busy road. The hotel is a big regular business hotel with all the amenities your expect as business traveler.
The room size is absolutely OK and clean - with some room for improvements. The buffet breakfast and also the dinner buffet offers a huge selection - but unfortunately it's always the same. No variation at all - again some room for improvements.
If you want to make a walk or a run or exercises - do it along the Benghe river side together with the locals in the early morning.
All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Pullmann Linyi and will stay there again when I'm back in Linyi.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Freda Z, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Linyi Lushang, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear valued TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for posting your kind review on your stay in our hotel!

It is great to read that you had a memorable experience with us and I will be delighted to share your kind thoughts with the Team! At the same time your comments on our Breakfast buffet and Dinner buffet are also well noted and we are pleased to inform you we already did our best to change our buffet standards and renew our set up. Additional Western and Eastern food, wide varieties and special dishes have been created to complete our offer and we are looking forward to introduce you our improvements.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience at the Pullman Linyi Lushang and I trust you will give us another try to better serve you in the near future.

Best regards,
Juliette V
GRM

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

A very friendly staff - especially the french women Mrs Juliette!
She helped me with the fantastic Chinese food and with many other little requests. Sometimes I thought she is working nearly 24 hours a day....
A very good, friendly staff - I was never in a better Pullman hotel! Wow!

The musicians are great too - a very good idea to stay in the hotel and not outside...

Thank you all very much for my awesome stay of two weeks with you - it was a pleasure!

Klaus

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Freda Z, Manager at Pullman Linyi Lushang, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Mr. Klaus,We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Linyi Lushang. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. I will share your comments with all staff and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially for Ms. Juliette who will be very happy for that.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to your coming soon.