All reviews basketball court full kitchen the penthouse private bathroom pool and hot tub lots of closet space a wonderful vacation highly recommend this property sam's club smallest room flight path planes flying commercial area small pool light sleeper big room my family and i stayed here
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We get to the hotel and it is surprisingly busy in the lobby. I just thought, “oh maybe these costumers are just buying food,” but this was not the case. They were complaining about their room. Well now it is our turn, they tell us they do not have the room we booked available. Keep in mind we booked this room in February and our check-in time was 4pm we got here at 8pm and was notified our room was not available. The reason is there was an error in the system and the room got reserved? I was confused and when I asked to speak with the hotel manager she said she was the supervisor on duty. So I asked what she can do for us now, since we can’t have our room. So we get to our room, get situated, and realize we need more towels and blankets because we have 6 people and the two rooms they gave us did not have enough to complement the size of our family. 1 hour passes still no answer. I try to call the lobby and no answer. I’m at the phone for 15min waiting for someone to pick up. I’m like okay I’ll just go get it myself. I get there and it’s 10:30pm now and there lobby is even more full than before. 2 families are yelling and it is hectic in there. So I ask the associate, who didn’t seem to care about the people waiting there, to get me some blankets and towels and he points at the supervisor and continues walking. I’m like okay maybe he doesn’t speak English? I’ll be respectful and wait for the supervisor. I finish for the supervisor to finish with the two families that are yelling at her and the next customer comes up and he asked for towels and blankets. The supervisor speaks English to the associate and tells him to go get the towels and blankets. I’m furious but I’ve worked in retail for 3 years so I keep my cool. I ask for the same thing when it is my turn and just question the supervisor about the associate just not getting my blanket and towels. She says, “it is because he doesn’t have this paper,” as she holds up this paper that keeps track of how many blankets and towels each room has. I’m like okay it’s whatever it is their policy so I have to respect it. I’m waiting for my blankets and the next customer comes up and says his ceiling is leaking. She then proceeds to call her associate to help out with the situation. The associate who I encountered earlier gives me my blanket and proceeds to help the other customer. A hotel has better things to do than keep track of towels and blankets. They should ensure that their ceilings aren’t leaking. I’m furious they have won awards because their customer service is indescribable.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
STAYGPH, General Manager at Doral Inn & Suites, Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we take every comment and share it with our associates to review what happened and make sure this does not happen again. We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay, we try our best to deliver the best customer service possible to all of our guests. Rest assured that we will speak with all department heads to revisit and make the changes necessary to prevent this to happen again.

We hope that you had liked our spacious rooms, full kitchen, location near to the shopping mall, restaurant and airport.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

When I saw the price I was a little skeptical... but since it was only for one night I booked it. Let me tell you best surprise ever!!!! Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms. Fit perfectly my family of 4. It simply was great. I heard some reviews about airplane noises but hey you are close to the airport what do you expect,
Don’t let this change your mind about this hotel (beside hotel offers complimentary earplugs, so just ask for them).
Super great value and super great hotel !

Trip type: Travelled with family
STAYGPH, General Manager at Doral Inn & Suites, Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to show what we have to offer. Our staff is great and we are more than happy to provide an excellent customer service

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was there for my weekend vacation and they had great service. The stay was so comfortable and so clean. Dre morris was especially helpful and very attentive to my needs. Thank you for such great service!

Trip type: Travelled solo
STAYGPH, General Manager at Doral Inn & Suites, Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hello Juan,

We are glad that you had a wonderful weekend vacation and our Front Desk provided an excellent customer service. I will relay you message to Dre Morris for making you stay very pleasant.

Thank you for staying at Doral Inn and Suites

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Booked for 2 nights. Idea being a nights sleep after Belfast-Heathrow-Miami and then a day bus touring Miami ($15 Uber into Miami) another sleep then drive down to Orlando.
Has worked out very well. Hotel 4.5 miles, which was about 10 minutes, from the airport. It’s old but well kept. Clean, friendly and has a good atmosphere. Pool and amenities modern and well maintained. There is half a basketball court which was popular with the kids. Although it is under the flight path into Miami airport the flights seem to be few and far between at night and didn’t bother any of us. Great air conditioning in our room. Breakfast is a bit random, but fine and everyone found something they liked. There is also a McDonald restaurant pretty much right next door (3 minutes walk), a Walmart and a Hooters restaurant (where we randomly went for dinner. Family friendly, food ok...) For the price the Doral Inn is good value. I would definitely use again.

Hello NZ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your reviews. we are so delighted to read that you had a great stay. our location is very convenient we are very close to the airport, dolphin mall, restaurants and Doral City place which is brand new and very nice. good ambiance. We are glad to read that you had liked our spacious rooms with full kitchen. yes we are in the airplane path and if the noise is too loud we offer earplugs at the front desk.

Thank you for choosing Doral Inn and Suites for your stay

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Wifi didn't work and they couldn't fix it. The cleaning standard for the kitchen wasn't good enough, the cabinets were filthy. There were two chairs and glasses in a room for four. The pool was nice dough.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
STAYGPH, General Manager at Doral Inn & Suites, Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for taking the time in giving your feedback, We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay.