“Great little resort”
Review of NAD-Lembeh Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bitung
NAD-Lembeh Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bitung
Canberra, Australia
“Great little resort”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great resort, great attentive people, and wonderfully keen-eyed guides.
The place to go, if you are hunting the weird and wonderful denizens of muck diving.
All the dives you can cope with, lovely food and a charming atmosphere.
k.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I sent 10 days at NAD at the end of Dec 2011. Had no idea what it was going to be like, I had never been to Indonesia let alone heard of North Sulawesi but I was up for the adventure. It was one of the top 3 holidays I have had.
Stayed in one of the bungalows, everything was at my finger tips. Ample power outlets to charge camera, strobe, ipad and phone. Hot water on demand and a comfy bad.
But it was the diving that blow me away. I'm very much an amateur photographer but thanks to Mood (a huge thanks) I now have photos in focus of a pigmy seahorse, harlequin shrimp, boxer crabs, nudi's (lots of Nudi's) and the list just keeps going.
Our crew of the stargazer were efficient, fast and friendly with smiles and laughs. Coffee and treat waiting for me after every dive. Aso my dive guide was amazing, I wanted to see a pigmy seahorse so he found my 4! The best dive guide I have ever had. Mood is the man!! Nothing was to hard or boring for Mood, he made me feel so welcome as soon I set foot on the beach at NAD.
Many a nights we all shared our dinner then resided to the lounge chairs to share of photos and that is when I picked Moods brain about everything photographic, never did I feel I was unwelcome. Friendly, welcoming, funny, all round great host Mood is the essence of what you feel when you go to NAD. I will be back many more times.
Separate camera room - best idea ever, out of the boat into the room, everything on charge ready for the afternoon and night dives
Diving - Unbelievable!! 2 dives in the morning, back for lunch, one dive in the afternoon, back to recharge and out for a night dive. Everyday like clock work but everyday different dive sites and critters to see. DO THE NIGHT DIVE!! You won't be sorry
Can't say enough good things just go and find out for yourself you won't be disappointed

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LoveToDive4
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I am a return customer to NAD. Had a blast of a time there again but more importantly, I proposed to my future wife to be, here underwater with the help of Simon (who was in UK), Serge and of course Mood. The guys, the guides and the staff were all great.

There are 2 new bungalows and the individual rooms actually looks great now with its own individual patio. Only downer were the mosquitos that were attracted to my ohhh so sweet B+ blood.... Lol... However I think the cleanliness of the rooms can be improved. Lots of dead insects on top of the mosquito nettings

Joni was a good guide and spotted loads of stuff for us to see. Missed the Ambon, Denise Pygmy, Coleman n Harlequin Shrimp... Gives us more reason to go back.

As usual, great food and ambience. NAD is trying to be Eco-friendly too which gets a thumbs up from me.

Thanks guys for wonderful n memorable trip......... can't upload photos of the underwater proposal from the device I'm using.... Soooo sooooo sorry!

Jay

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My wife and I spent 4 night at NAD in Oct 2011.
I dont want to repeat everything that has already been written about this place. All I can say is that I agree with all the good things.
Bungalow definitely a must.
Food good.
Diving AMAZING!! Dive guides and boat crew all brilliant.
Simon (the owner) and his crew are friendly, accomodating and always helpful.
Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Bungalow definitely.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlMitch
Sweden
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I visited NAD for 11 days in November after a short trip to Bangka. This was my third trip to Lembeh in little more than a year and I am already planning for a couple more visits. NAD more than made up for my wishes for a dive resort. Rooms are pretty basic, but are clean with functioning AC and warm water, quiet, and with good beds which is all I need in a room. There is a small balcony outside the room, but I only used the room for sleeping. The communal areas are very nice and welcoming and include both a wet and a dry camera room. The wet room is well appointed with shelves for some spaces and towels are provided for the camera. The dry room had computers and lots of outlets as well as a bunch of books on fish and invertebrates of the area. Food is good and plentiful, with soup, main dish and a desert for dinner. Food is eaten at a long table where people meet after the diving which is nice as a single diver. Coffee, tea, water and some snacks are available all the time. Furthermore the resort staff are very nice and do their best to So, in conclusion, facilities, rooms, food and the resort staff are all you could ask for. Not luxurious, but very good.
The most important part of a trip for people visiting a place such as NAD will probably be the diving. And that is where NAD excels. I was very, very happy with the dive organization. I do 4 dives a day, and at NAD the day dives and some times the night dive are offered as 75 minute dives. Tanks were well filled, all tanks were always on the boat in the correct mixture of 12 liter, 15 liter and Nitrox, boats leave in time, guides know what you want to see, dive spots are chosen with a clear plan for getting your wishes fulfilled with regard to both critters you want to see and pictures you want to get. The guide I dove mostly with, Paulus, was the best I ever dived with, with an amazing ability to not only find stuff I wanted to see, but also find critters I was able to actually take pictures of. Other guides were also very good. Dive equipment was well taken care of, towels were always available on the boats, tea or coffee were ready after dives, rinse tanks were on the boats and filled with fresh water and the guides very quickly learned how different photographers wanted their cameras treated.
A final shining part of the NAD resort is the service and help you get when stuff breaks down. When I was there, I had a bcd break down, a flooded Z240, a leaking SPG, a leak alarm giving sound now and then as well as some problems with my housing as well as the viewfinder on the housing. The things that the staff could fix was fixed immediately and I got good advice on the things that wasn´t fixable. Such a service is extremely important for me when I am on a long time photography trip to such a remote place, where broken stuff easily can end the trip. Several of my fellow photographers visiting NAD when I was there received similar help, from rescuing the electronics of a flooded housing, drying out a moist bulkhead to tips on strobe positioning. That the owner Simon and the dive manager Serge both are eager towards helping visiting guests is a major bonus to an already great place with very good value for your money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo