“Great Value, Great Diving.”
Review of NAD-Lembeh Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bitung
NAD-Lembeh Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bitung
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My wife and I spent 4 night at NAD in Oct 2011.
I dont want to repeat everything that has already been written about this place. All I can say is that I agree with all the good things.
Bungalow definitely a must.
Food good.
Diving AMAZING!! Dive guides and boat crew all brilliant.
Simon (the owner) and his crew are friendly, accomodating and always helpful.
Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Bungalow definitely.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlMitch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I visited NAD for 11 days in November after a short trip to Bangka. This was my third trip to Lembeh in little more than a year and I am already planning for a couple more visits. NAD more than made up for my wishes for a dive resort. Rooms are pretty basic, but are clean with functioning AC and warm water, quiet, and with good beds which is all I need in a room. There is a small balcony outside the room, but I only used the room for sleeping. The communal areas are very nice and welcoming and include both a wet and a dry camera room. The wet room is well appointed with shelves for some spaces and towels are provided for the camera. The dry room had computers and lots of outlets as well as a bunch of books on fish and invertebrates of the area. Food is good and plentiful, with soup, main dish and a desert for dinner. Food is eaten at a long table where people meet after the diving which is nice as a single diver. Coffee, tea, water and some snacks are available all the time. Furthermore the resort staff are very nice and do their best to So, in conclusion, facilities, rooms, food and the resort staff are all you could ask for. Not luxurious, but very good.
The most important part of a trip for people visiting a place such as NAD will probably be the diving. And that is where NAD excels. I was very, very happy with the dive organization. I do 4 dives a day, and at NAD the day dives and some times the night dive are offered as 75 minute dives. Tanks were well filled, all tanks were always on the boat in the correct mixture of 12 liter, 15 liter and Nitrox, boats leave in time, guides know what you want to see, dive spots are chosen with a clear plan for getting your wishes fulfilled with regard to both critters you want to see and pictures you want to get. The guide I dove mostly with, Paulus, was the best I ever dived with, with an amazing ability to not only find stuff I wanted to see, but also find critters I was able to actually take pictures of. Other guides were also very good. Dive equipment was well taken care of, towels were always available on the boats, tea or coffee were ready after dives, rinse tanks were on the boats and filled with fresh water and the guides very quickly learned how different photographers wanted their cameras treated.
A final shining part of the NAD resort is the service and help you get when stuff breaks down. When I was there, I had a bcd break down, a flooded Z240, a leaking SPG, a leak alarm giving sound now and then as well as some problems with my housing as well as the viewfinder on the housing. The things that the staff could fix was fixed immediately and I got good advice on the things that wasn´t fixable. Such a service is extremely important for me when I am on a long time photography trip to such a remote place, where broken stuff easily can end the trip. Several of my fellow photographers visiting NAD when I was there received similar help, from rescuing the electronics of a flooded housing, drying out a moist bulkhead to tips on strobe positioning. That the owner Simon and the dive manager Serge both are eager towards helping visiting guests is a major bonus to an already great place with very good value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BentC
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I stayed at NAD for a week in September 2011.

It's a small and nicely hidden resort that provides all you need between the dives.
Cozy and clean rooms with hot shower and aircon, perfect if you want to retreat to your own privacy, and if you want to socialize there is a nice chill-out / dining area with a long table concept, chat over dinner and poke around with your pictures. As a solo traveler you wont feel lonely.

The food was delicious and there is even an espresso machine for the caffeine addicts!

And for a dive photographer this place is great, with a wet AND dry camera room, plenty of bucket space on the dive boats and dive guides that understands the photographer. On top of that the marine life is just amazing offering plenty of good photo opportunities.

I left NAD with new friendships, lots of great pictures and a feeling that I have to come back soon :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed at NAD a few months ago and it left a strong impression. This is the perfect place for divers who are looking for a private (the only dive resort in the bay) and chill out (think lying on hammocks overlooking the water) dive vacation, yet provides the flexibility of ensuring divers get a chance to mingle with each other and share stories/experiences (love the long table concept). Their staff are friendly, warm and accommodating to our every requests (from finding critters underwater, to extra servings of those yummy chilli!). Simon, being a great host, made sure there was enough entertainment going around – from photo sharing sessions to other fun and games – there was never a dull moment in the resort! NAD definitely made up for its small size for their excellent service, cozy environment and full facilities, and I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jocyjos
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Was here for a 4D3N trip. Was picked up from airport by confirming on return transfers by resort. Takes about an hour from airport to jetty. Although transfer is abit pricey, I recommend taking it for peace of mind to ensure you reach your destination. Taxis might not know the exact pick up at jetty itself.

Boat ride to the resort from jetty is a mere 15mins. I was surprised by the short sea distance and was really skeptical about great diving in such close proximity to the main land. But hey, its muck diving and I was sure well taken by surprised at the diversity of critters found in this straits.

Resort was simple, occupying its own small beach stretch. Don't expect white sand but expect black volcanic sand. My wife went 'are you sure?' the first moment we landed.... but again let me remind you that diving is all that matters here.

We stayed in the bungalow which was a great choice. There were only x02 bungalows and they are overlooking the straits with your own private balcony. So you can really enjoy your own view and time during off-dive time. Rest of the accommodations were decent sized rooms situated and placed in a row style.

At this point we were there, the owners are doing some renovation works on roofing, garden, pathway etc. They took over from the previous just over a year back, and so are improving on the overall.

I need to say that accommodation is simple enough to relax with nothing else much. There is a long communal table for meals, where everybody comes together to eat , share and laugh. It takes effort to for all to introduce oneself or break the ice, otherwise expect an air of silence hanging around the table.

There isn't a full bar. I think they only serve beer. So BYO liquor from the airport if desire, but again, I remind you that you are there to dive :) There is also no in-room dining so if you get hungry easily and snacking is your favourite.. bring lots of tidbits.

There have a wet and dry camera room with towels for camera provided and computers for viewing and uploading your photos. Well equipped for working on those shots.

Diving is absolutely amazing with great dive guides spotting almost every critter for you. Let them know what you aim to find and they work hard at finding them. The guides look intimidating at first.... tanned and fierce looking, but once the dive starts, the rest is history. I must say they really take good care of you. The guides rotate among themselves; in being boatmen, crew and guides. They help rig on your gear, serve you drinks after you surface... so no complains on them.

Overall, I would stay here again due to the friendly owners of Simon and Zee as well as the crews.

Room Tip: standard room rates available on website direct to owners; grab the bungalow if its available
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple