“A Wonderfully Relaxing and Healthful Retreat”

V Resorts The Satvik Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bhimtal
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you want to truly relax from your life's daily chaos, and/or simply immerse yourself in yoga and an ayruvedic lifestyle, Satvik Sadan Resort is the perfect place. I was fortunate enough to spend a month studying traditional hatha yoga and ayruveda while at Satvik, and this time was not only enlightening but magnificent. Shukl'acharya is a superb yoga and spiritual teacher and his wife Samrita is fabulous to learn ayruvedic principles and cooking from (every meal I had was delicious and nutritious). They are an incredibly sweet and welcoming couple, who add the personal touch that leaves you with a specialized and everlasting experience. I came to study yoga, and I'm so glad I choose Satvik because my time was personalized and I was not in a more commercial course (many I know of only teach the surface, one right way, and despite them teaching yoga true sincerity can lack). I use the knowledge gained from Satvik daily and I certainly hope I can return again.

In addition, not only are the teachers and staff top-notch, the picturesque setting couldn't get any better to explore in your free time or gaze upon from your terrace.

(It states I traveled in February 2013, but in actuality it was May 2011. Two and a half years later, I still reflect on my exceptional time at Satvik, which encouraged me to write this review in 2014).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 1Bliss_life
shuklasatvik, Owner at V Resorts The Satvik Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you M for your review and posting on trip advisor, the pictures that you took from the Karkotak peak. It was delight to have you stay with us and we look forward to hosting your stay with family in near future. We are aware of your highly busy schedule and appreciate your taking time off to write such a beautiful review.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Don't hesitate to visit this rare and beautiful place! It was my great pleasure to be part of a 4 month long study of yoga and ayruvedic principles/philosophy about two and a half years ago and I still live with and grow from my experiences at Satvik Sadan every day!

Shukl'acharya, the owner and my teacher during my stay has such dedication, knowledge and insight. It was through his quidance and wisdom that I was able to find/gain the tools necessary to further my spiritual and personal growth. This has led to effective, positive and lasting changes in my life for which I do not have enough words of gratitude.

The accommodations are more than generous and the staff is eager to please. The resort has been thoughtfully engineered to provide privacy, peacefulness and magestic views of the mountains and sunrise from each room and balcony. I still miss the healthy satvik meals that were so well prepared every day.

I have no doubt that Satvik Sadan means different things to different people. I saw a number of people visit for various needs and they all seemed to be well accomodated. It seems to be one of those amazing places that provides just the experience you are looking for when you need it.

For me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that far exceeded my expectations. I will forever have a deep fondness, appreciation and respect for Shukl'acharya and his benevolent wife Samrita - for the knowledge and wisdom they so generously shared and for the comfortable and nurturing surroundings they and their staff provided during my stay.
I feel incredibly fortunate to have visited and participated in studies at this most blessed place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Deborah B
shuklasatvik, Owner at V Resorts The Satvik Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you Deborah for your kind words and for taking time to respond to our request to review Satvik Sadan through Trip Advisor.
Your words mean a lot to all of us and makes it worth all the effort and patience that goes in to create a great experience for our guests.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Me and my wife visited Satvik Sadan in June 2013. The main reason, why we were searching for such a place, was the great wish to get some answers for life questions.
I can't say, that these two weeks were wonderful. "Wonderful" is not the right word. This period was very much useful, it was "opening eye" period. Shukl'acharya (the founder of this place) gave us an opportunity to learn the "science of life and yourself" in all its aspects. We ate very "correct" food - vegetarian, tasty, different, but without strong tastes; we practiced yoga - each of us different postures, because every person has his own state of body and mind; we had Ayurvedic massage; we studied and tried different meditation and breathing techniques, which, I hope, will help us a lot in the future.
But most of all we studied balanced life, life without high ups and downs, life with divine consciousness inside yourself. And I can't imagine better person to lead you through such a life than Shukl'acharya.
Moreover I should mention all the stuff, all people, who work in this ashram. They were very attentive, very kind for us and helped to solve all the problems during our stay (even found some glue and eraser).
The place itself is very well located, you can enjoy the mountain views from veranda, it is quite and vibrant. Unlike many other places in India, here you can think not about the hygiene and security matters, but about everything else.
So, if you are looking for a quiet and clean place, where you can get as much new information and knowledge, as you can from the person, who really knows life and divine, Satvik Sadan is for you.
Thanks a lot, Shukl'acharya and all people of Satvik Sadan!!! We hope to come back soon.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Al V
shuklasatvik, Owner at V Resorts The Satvik Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words.
Greatly look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Satvik Sadan, to me, is like a home away from home. My last visit was with some friends, including a foreigner, whom I brought to show what real Vedic Lifestyle meant. They were very happy, promising to return... and why not?! After all, it was my 7th trip to the place!! There is something in the environs of Satvik that detoxes you completely - even without massages or special asanas or ayurvedic food.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sunitapb

Thank you for your kind words. Your repeated visits have been very encouraging for us as well as the resultant word of mouth publicity that our venture got.

Reviewed 21 May 2010

Thomas is in the sports equipment international business. www.tk-hockey.de

My husband and me are Indian lovers. In the middle of june 2007 I traveled for the first time alone through India because it was my sincere wish to find a place where I was able to relax and to find to myself. I was also very much interested to start with Yoga and meditation.

Through a very good friend from Goa I have found the place The Satvik Resort In Bheemtal and I can't describe with words how lucky I am to have stayed there.

The way how I was treated here was wonderful. I have really enjoyed every minute of my stay. All the members of the Shukla family are so wonderful people and during my trip I have not only learned the first steps of meditation and yoga, I also got a deep understanding of Indian culture. On top of that I loved the food and I will never forget the time which we have spent together while cooking. After 12 days there I came home like a new born human being and I would like to pass my thanks again for such a wonderful trip.

The way how Pulak Ranjan Shukla has taught me was unbelievable and I was proud to work with such a guru. Shri Pulak Ranjan Shukla you are a hero and I am promising you that I will continue in the way I have learned it from you. Being back in Germany my thoughts are still with you and I am already looking forward to come again to your place.

I will never forget my stay. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EvaKille

It was great to have you stay here for the yoga retreat. Your keenness to learn and implement the same back in Germany is worth emulating. We also thank you for the pictures you emailed us doing yoga and the fire ceremony.. Please do visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bhimtal
2.2 km away
2.6 km away
V Resorts Sattal
V Resorts Sattal
#1 of 2 in Sattal

Been to V Resorts The Satvik Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK