Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
FindHotelUS$ 90
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews adventure activities swimming pool silent place outdoor activities family suite table tennis peak season surely visit again beautiful place activity area very pleasant stay supportive staff amazing food awesome stay must visit place special thanks breakfast and dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Firstly, I don't really crib about hotels easily but this hotel tested my patience. We booked this hotel and when I reached the hotel, we were told that we are upgraded. It was obviously a lie because you can never check the other rooms and our room 409 was pathetic. Water taps weren't working, the whole bathtub is broken and smelly. Food is super expensive and high on spices. Every food order takes ages to come. When we checked in, we were literally outside the reception waiting for an hour for someone to pick our luggage. Nobody basically cares. Table tennis table is in bad shape, rackets are broken. The only good thing about the hotel is the swimming pool.

Room tip: Ignore this hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SourabhGupta
Mahesh_Dabodiya, Revenue Manager at Sea Hawk Hill Resort Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2019

Greetings!!!

I thank you for choosing to stay at the Aamod Resort during your trip and for taking the time to review your experience in such detail. It is regretful to learn about your experience and the entire Aamod team is sincerely apologetic.

Let me assure you that this is not a norm and I request you to treat this experience in isolation. I really appreciate your valuable feedback regarding certain lapses in the service and facilities on a few occasions. We have addressed this issue with the our team and I assure you that immediate amendments are in process.

Please give us another opportunity to welcoming you back, whereby we can correct your impression.

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Room and food are good but facilities and amenities are very poor. They are charging for all but not giving proper facility. Kids can't enjoy. Swings and other playing equipment are faulty and damaged. So many monkeys are there so kids can't play around that facility. Swimming pool are very dirty and no cleaning around that also. Overall experience is bad. Kids never enjoy there so Pls don't plan to go with kids.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings!!!

I thank you for choosing to stay at the Aamod Resort during your trip and for taking the time to review your experience. It is regretful to learn about your experience and the entire Aamod team is sincerely apologetic.

Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

We planned our destination marriage at Aamod @Bhimtal on 18-5-2019.
We had a gathering of 150 people, including both bride and Groom side.
Here are some Pros and Cons
Pros -
The location is super awesome. They have total 41 rooms.
View is awesome. Good Amenities.
Sufficient Area.
Rooms are big.
We took Gala dinner service for wedding night from the partner of Aamod Resorts itself. Food was very good
We were charged 2000rs per person.(not per plate) so 2000*150.
Staff appears to be very courteous.
We were provided with welcome drinks and snacks which was very good.
Cons:>
They have their own tie ups with the decorators and caterers. If u don’t take service from them then the management doesn’t help them much.
To my surprise, there partner “Bharat Tents” quoted me the price of 11 lacs just for decoration, later they narrowed it down to 6 lacs.
Finally, we managed to get a decorator after lot of research, who charged us 2.90 lacs including band and everything, however the decorators faced poor cooperation from management.
There is lot of scope of improvement in the rooms and washrooms. Few washrooms have leakage as well. The door locks and the access doesn’t work properly. This can be easily improved.

They charged us 2000 RS per person for stay in a room, so let’s say if there were 4 people in a room, one room costed us 8k. Which was kind of illogical for us.

They cut down AC supply next morning I.e. the very first day after the wedding night.
When we booked the property, we tried negotiating with the price, to which they replied that in case of wedding booking, let’s say you have function on 5th of any month then we can not allocate rooms on 4th and 6th, because we have to make lot of arrangements one day before and similarly after event it requires lot of cleaning so we can not allocate rooms even one day later. We kind of agreed to this explanation, Our arrival was initially scheduled for 1200 hrs and the check in time was also 1200 hrs, in order to arrange things better, we planned to come early. So when we requested the management that if they can provide rooms from 7 am, they simply said that there resort is full and will be able to give room from 1200 noon and rest they will try on best effort basis. This was last moment surprise for us and we had to book rooms in nearby Damyanti Oyo for 6hrs for which we payed approx 45k extra.
View and location is 5/5
Rest everything is 2/5 or 3/5, this could have been 5/5 easily, if few small improvements and cooperations were made.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2019

Basically, on check-in, only one Executive Room was offered (No. 302), which on seeing was unacceptable. On requesting for something better we were informed that that's all that was available. That their hands are tied. That there's nothing they can do. We were also told in crisp words that "we got what we paid for" and "we could have taken suite if we wanted bigger and better rooms." After 30 mins another room (401) was shown, which marginally better. With no other option, that room had to be taken up, as we had already paid and had no where else to go and we were wasting precious time standing at the reception.

Executive Room (base room) quality and feel is below average. Room size is small, furniture is shabby, old and worn out. Mattresses and blankets are frizzled and torn from the sides. Pillows are lumpy and the bed linen is worn and dirty (may be washed, but still isn't clean and fresh). Bathroom is like home bathroom, with shower curtains in the middle to separate the bathing section (in some of the executive rooms). Taps are old and malfunctioning. Either they open with full force of the water or they don't open at all. Extreme force is required to turn them off. Flooring is broken in places and very, very dirty. One can not walk barefoot in the room. The towels are stained. The side stands in the bathroom have missing fencing. The bathroom ceiling is filthy, (specially in 402 where it seems like someone has cooked food under the ceiling thereby leaving the ceiling carbonized.)

The electrical points do not work. You can either use the electric kettle or switch on the fridge. Because one of the two points near the fridge do not work. Housekeeping came, checked and claimed it to be working and left, still it wasn't working.

TV doesn't have English News channels (except Republic TV) and none of the popular channels. The only channels available are Star Plus, Sony TV etc. and Hindi News and other channels which are free. Discovery, NatGeo, CNN, BBC, Romedy, HBO etc. are not available.

Activities are there, but all of them are chargeable. There are cycles available on rental basis (Rs. 200/half-hr) but none in small size suitable for children. The pool is in the sun, which is good, but the water is not clean. It's not leaves etc. (which is understandable being out in the open) but black water - dirty water. From re-use and many people bathing in it again and again. The parking is limited.

Tried food once, and it was served promptly.

In short, we're disappointed and probably not going to visit any of the Aamod Properties again. We had thought that being a Group, they would have standards and basic minimum facilities. But no, that's not true.

The only redeeming qualities of this holiday was not the Hotel but the picturesque and peaceful surroundings.

Room tip: Request for a room in the same building as the Reception.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

A beautiful hotel . Lovely greenery and great service . Do remember to mention to book a room in the recently constructed block as they are marvellous . Huge rooms with a common balcony . Neat and clean and modern bathrooms . A great experience to wake up to the lovely view.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings from Aamod!!!

I really appreciate you sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor. Thank you for choosing to stay at Aamod Bhimtal and for highlighting the pleasant experience you had with us.

I thank you for your generous appreciation of the setting of the resort. Our team strives to deliver the best experience to our guests and are grateful to patrons such as you for recognizing their efforts.

Thank you once again for your generous compliments and recommendations. All of us look forward to welcome you back soon!