All reviews gen x the heart of the city taking care nice stay nice hotel dosa staff behave different varieties room amenities value for money welcome drink business trip excellent breakfast nice staff front office staff business purposes food quality
Reviewed 3 January 2015

I visited Bhavnagar in first wk of October. It was a family reunion. There were 25 of us. I believe we had reserved around 12 rooms. My first impression was wow. I did not expect such good hospitality .The reception was courteous and during that time my family was the only one staying at the hotel and we had a blast. The breakfast was very good. The reason I did not say excellent because there is a place for improvement. Rooms were clean and believe me i have seen almost all the rooms. The sink pipe in my bathroom was leaking. But as soon as I complained, someone came to fix it. They do supply complimentary toiletries but they are not very good quality. However, hotel staff went above and beyond in looking after my entire family. I loved the place.
I never had to ask hotel staff for areas near Hotel as I have family there who took me to different places but I will definitely recommend this place to a friend.
I would love to stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Rajesh R, General Manager at GenX Bhavnagar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Hotel Generation X Bhavnagar.

We are happy to know that you liked the hotel and services, your appreciation will be forwarded to the team.

We ensuring you that we will take your feedback as a constructive feed back & will focus more on that to reach up to your expectation.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Hotel Generation X Bhavnagar and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

We stayed here for one night in Dec 2014.

Pros:
- The rooms, bathrooms and the lobby are very clean.
- The hotel does not do any direct travel arrangements. But they do hook you up with a good travel agent.
- There is room service and it is reasonably fast.
- The food is ok.
- The place is located close to the market and you would find everything you need within a few minutes walk.
- The place is very quiet at night.

Cons:
- The hotel indeed has an odd name. So it is not easy to find. It is a challenge to communicate the name to the locals when asking for directions.
- The rooms are very small. This is a business hotel. It is a bit cramped for a family.
- The front desk staff seems very over-worked. They are always on the phone and it is not easy to get their attention.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

Pros -

Staff was courteous and polite
Room was neat and clean
WiFi and breakfast were complimentary

Cons -

1. The premium room was quite small and claustrophobic. There was a small window and hardly any light in the room from outside. I thought the rates are higher compared to what they offer.
2. Food was well presented but not very tasty.
3. One of the staff knocked on our door at 2230 in the night to ask if we wanted our car washed. It was very late to knock on someone's door. I wanted the car washed so said yes but 10 mins later the person knocked again and asked for the money in advance as he would not be in shift later next morning.
4. The bathroom fittings and the quality of toiletries provided are very average for a premium room.

Will not recommend this hotel for travellers to Bhavnagar.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are extremely sorry that we could not reached up to your expectation this time but we ensuring you that we will take this feedback as a constructive feed back & will focus more on that to reach up to your expectation.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

We stayed in this hotel twice in Dec 2014...Hotel is well managed, clean and neat.. little difficulty in getting the location ......Also the front desk staff is not versed with nearby areas.... and have no clue with nearby locations...Food can be improved ....

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Rajesh R, General Manager at GenX Bhavnagar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Reviewed 18 December 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit at this hotel in a month's time and I would definitely stay here whenever I would visit Bhavnagar.

The rooms are neat and clean.

The quality of the food is also good and have a good choice of the varieties.

But they need to improvise on their breakfast variety as well as quality.

The location of this hotel is very good. It is very well managed with very courteous and polite staff always ready to help and make you feel comfortable.

The manager - Mr. Alok is very helpful and prompt by addressing to any complaints or any discomforts at the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Rajesh R, General Manager at GenX Bhavnagar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2014